Jordan Phillips back with Bills 1 year deal

Glad to have him back.  He’s definitely the best option we have for the money we seem willing to pay. 

Interesting DT room.  Four DT’s.  None under contract for ‘24.  

Room is deep enough that drafting a DT doesn’t seem necessary - but if they do, given our future DT look, are we carrying 5 active DT’s on the 53 all year?  

Edited by SCBills

12 minutes ago, Process said:

Hopefully he doesn't put himself on IR diving at air again.

Bring back shaq on the cheap too. Then the only hole on defense is MLB and can otherwise go all offense in the draft. 

That was really one of the stupidest things I’ve ever watched unfold on the football field.   Why JP…. Whyyyyy

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Glad to have him back.  He’s definitely the best option we have for the money we seem willing to pay. 

Room is deep enough that drafting a DT doesn’t seem necessary - but if they do, given our future DT look, are we carrying 5 active DT’s on the 53 all year?  

Yeah am fully expecting us drafting DT somewhere  in the first 3 Rounds. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Tim Settle seems to be in the most hot-water entering the season. 

Beane just said in his press conference yesterday that the staff likes what they have in Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Process said:

Bring back shaq on the cheap too. Then the only hole on defense is MLB and can otherwise go all offense in the draft. 

I thought Shaq played well last year, especially as the season went on. He's a solid run defender. He's not gonna put up the big sack totals but, he sets the edge as well as anyone. +1

I like JP alot when healthy too, he definitely brings the juice. Hopefully he can stay healthy when we need him most.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, babulator said:

I thought Shaq played well last year, especially as the season went on. He's a solid run defender. He's not gonna put up the big sack totals but, he sets the edge as well as anyone. +1

I like JP alot when healthy too, he definitely brings the juice. Hopefully he can stay healthy when we need him most.

Shaq was better than Boogie, heck Kingsley Jonathan look better than him too. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Process said:

This is a deep draft at DE.

I think we should see what we land in the draft, then re-sign Shaq as last resort.

*Not advocating an early DE draft pick, but mid rounds.

Glad to have Jordan back.  Also be good to see if a DT can be drafted in the mid rounds, preferably a 1-T

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We will definitely be drafting DT this April.  Probably rounds 5-6 depending if we trade down?  Probably re-sign Jones to a short extension?  But we will have to get younger there.

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I would still like to see the Bills give Da'Quan Jones an extension.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.