Jordan Phillips back with Bills 1 year deal

I'm surprised by the money. Must be a big market for DT's this year and/or there was some competition. He was injured a lot last season - but when he was healthy he was a force as a rotational D-Lineman. Hopefully he can stay healthy and make the price worth it.

As it stands now, Ed Oliver, Daquan Jones, Jordan Phillips, and Tim Settle will all be Free Agents next year - which is our entire DT room. So i'd expect to see an extension or two soon.

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm surprised by the money. Must be a big market for DT's this year and/or there was some competition. He was injured a lot last season - but when he was healthy he was a force as a rotational D-Lineman. Hopefully he can stay healthy and make the price worth it.

As it stands now, Ed Oliver, Daquan Jones, Jordan Phillips, and Tim Settle will all be Free Agents next year - which is our entire DT room. So i'd expect to see an extension or two soon.

The details haven’t came out.  It could be an up to 3 million deal. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills are the Oprah Winfrey of 1 year contracts..

KC is even worse.  Bills have 36 players under contract next season and the Chiefs have 26.

That's after you subtract the void year contracts.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

Yep - coach him up to not try to run full speed for long distance 😛

Put an ankle bracelet on him with in-built 1000 volt battery. Set the battery to produce an electric shock when he moves more than ten yards per play. Re-set the timer before every snap. Guaranteed to start come playoffs.

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Doesn't impact comp pick formula🥳

All that matters!

39 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The DT Market seems to be a lucrative one this season. I'd argue with a 1yr deal, he might have been able to squeeze 5/yr out of someone. Guys like Rankins (1yr $9,750,000) and Rakeem Nunez-Roches (3yr, $12,000,000) got paid well.

Jets are about to pay Quinnen Williams big big money.

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

KC is even worse.  Bills have 36 players under contract next season and the Chiefs have 26.

That's after you subtract the void year 

I’m sure the Chiefs wouldn’t trade their “problem” for whatever the Bills situation is in 2024. They seem to be managing their contracts/roster/cap just fine the past 5 years…….

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I’m sure the Chiefs wouldn’t trade their “problem” for whatever the Bills situation is in 2024. They seem to be managing their contracts/roster/cap just fine the past 5 years…….

Yes.  Get your core players and sign the rest to short contracts.  I believe the Bills are moving toward that.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Process said:

Hopefully he doesn't put himself on IR diving at air again.

Bring back shaq on the cheap too. Then the only hole on defense is MLB and can otherwise go all offense in the draft. 

HAha to JP and yes please don't hurt yourself doing not football activities.  And, yes to Shaq please.  I like these two a lot.  Especially in a combo of hedging bets.  One of them will contribute and well on various weeks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.