Matthew Judon on defending JA

BillsFan619

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Matthew Judon on defending JA

Judon said it really well. Josh is gonna ball cuz that’s who he is. I think he just needs to realize that he has to start protecting his body if he wants to last full seasons and lead this team deep to playoffs and Super Bowls. I would love for him to continue to take off when he sees lanes but just slide at the end 

Edited by Jukester
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gregg said:

Josh is one of the best QB's in the league, but the best is Mahomes. 

If they swapped teams, do you think we are winning a Super Bowl just because of Mahomes? And KC is more likely to go out in the Divisional round?

Or does Josh steam roll his way to another KC Super Bowl with Reid and his supporting cast?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 10

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Josh is one of the best QB's in the league, but the best is Mahomes. 

I’ll say it before someone else does.

Put Mahomes on the Bills and Josh in KC and you might think differently 

edit beaten lol

Edited by DJB
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If they swapped teams, do you think we are winning a Super Bowl just because of Mahomes? And KC is more likely to go out in the Divisional round?

Or does Josh steam roll his way to another KC Super Bowl with Reid and his supporting cast?

boom

put josh behind a top 3 Oline and give him the #1 TE to go with those wr's.......other than diggs, josh has nothing

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, DJB said:

I’ll say it before someone else does.

Put Mahomes on the Bills and Josh in KC and you might think differently 

We can play the what if game all day but if you polled fans, coaches, players around the league I bet Mahomes would get the nod as the best QB in the league. Mahomes does have the #2 OL while Allen's was #26 last year. Mahomes also has the better coach, and his defense also plays better in the playoffs. So, I do see your point. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

We can play the what if game all day but if you polled fans, coaches, players around the league I bet Mahomes would get the nod as the best QB in the league. Mahomes does have the #2 OL while Allen's was #26 last year. Mahomes also has the better coach, and his defense also plays better in the playoffs. So, I do see your point. 

I dont think anyone would argue against the results of that poll going to Mahomes. Because that is simply the reality of the situation.

But, if we're looking to dig a little deeper, talking about the swap and change of scenery is a decent convo to have.

IMO, you could rotate Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow into KC and get the same results they've seen. And that would give the nod to whoever was there winning SBs. Which is fair.

Outside of those 3, I'm not sure a Championship is such a sure thing* with anyone else.

(*as sure as it could be, obviously a lot in play to win a SB)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Jukester said:

Judon said it really well. Josh is gonna ball cuz that’s who he is. I think he just needs to realize that he has to start protecting his body if he wants to last full seasons and lead this team deep to playoffs and Super Bowls. I would love for him to continue to take off when he sees lanes but just slide at the end 

I am fine with him scrambling when the play breaks down. Obviously needs to do a better job of avoiding unnecessary contact. However, more importantly team and Dorsey needs to avoid calling run plays for him unless you are near the goal line and need a score.

27 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I was surprised Beane wasnt all over him when he hit FA in 2021.

I think part of it might have been that at the time in Baltimore he played standing up like 75% of the time. I think there were a lot of questions around the league about whether he could play on the line consistently with his hand in the dirt and still be an explosive get off guy and set the edge vs the run. The run is still a bit of a concern (he hasn't been a great run defender in New England, but he has improved) but he has absolutely proven that he is one of those rare hybrid guys who can play down on the line, play standing up and rush the passer effectively in either role. 

16 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I am fine with him scrambling when the play breaks down. Obviously needs to do a better job of avoiding unnecessary contact. However, more importantly team and Dorsey needs to avoid calling run plays for him unless you are near the goal line and need a score.

Some of those are Josh checking into QB run plays - Dorsey talked about that in one of his Monday pressers last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

IMO, I like when we have 1 or 2 designed/called Josh runs early in the game. Usually calms him down a little bit, AND establishes early on that the Defense needs to be ready for it. Gives them another wrinkle to think about. Plus, it feels like he takes less hits on designed runs where he has blockers to follow, as opposed to scrambles where the OL is still standing around trying to form a pocket and the LBs are flying at him in the open field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.