ESPN Jordan Reid 7 round mock draft

BADOLBILZ

Getting to that point where we are getting full 7 round mocks now https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35958143/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-round-predictions-259-picks:

Bills choices for those without ESPN+:

1. Drew Sanders  LB (Arkansas)

2. Keion White  DE (GA Tech)

3.  Byron Young DT (Alabama)

4.  Jonathon Mingo WR (Ole Miss)

5.  Christopher Smith S (Georgia)

6.   John Ojukwu OT (Boise)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 12
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Putting out content for clicks, its the season for this sort of idiocy…,  much like the Alabama RB in the first round content for clicks piece.

Sadly it appears it is always the season for this sort of idiocy…,

Edited by Don Otreply

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Getting to that point where we are getting full 7 round mocks now https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35958143/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-round-predictions-259-picks:

Swap out White for a TE and this isn't horrible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I honestly don't hate it.  I have zero desire for a pure MLB in RD1, but Drew Sanders is more of a pass rushing LB.   Would be interesting to see how we use him.  

I don't know much about Keion White or Byron Young, but we do need to keep taking swings on the DL.   DT in RD3 makes a lot of sense, especially if we don't sign Phillips.  EDGE is a need.. it's wildly annoying.. but it is.  

I like Mingo.  Rounds out the WR room nicely if we decide to, once again, not invest heavy in weapons for Allen. 

I will say - a WR alignment of Diggs/Davis outside with Shakir in the slot, with Harty as WR4 rotating in at all three spots, Mingo as WR5 (outside WR) and Sherfield as WR6 (slot WR) makes a lot of sense. 

Developmental/Depth Safety, again, logical pick.  

Unless we go RD1, maybe RD2 at Tackle, whoever we take is simply depth with Quessenberry.  Just take a guy on Day 3 and see if you hit.  

This mock draft isn't what I'd do, but Sanders/White/Young is a lot of pass rush upside and Mingo in Round 4 would be a great fit on this team. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think something like that is the way we are trending. 

With McDermott running the defense now, and obvious roster holes at MLB, DT#4, DE, I wouldn't be shocked if this is exactly the type of draft we'll see. 

If you could get Mingo in the 4th (a player that Cosell likes) that would be on-brand for the Bills (middle-round skill position players). 

• Agree 3

This is the year I've paid the least attention to college football in at least a decade.

Sigh...

I've only watched some A&M games and checked out high round LBs but that's it.

The draft will be different for me this year.

21 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

A lot of Drew Sanders projections. I’m just not sure a player who’s a hybrid SAM/EDGE is going to solve the middle linebacker conundrum. 

Sanders is more what we thought we were getting out of Edmonds. Big, fast, explosive and has a nose for the QB. He's also very versatile, and has played nearly every position including QB. 

I'm personally on board with OCyrus Torrence at 27, but if Sanders or Bijan are there and they take either of them I'd be happy. But, nowadays I have enough faith in the front office that I wouldn't oppose much of what they do.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think something like that is the way we are trending. 

With McDermott running the defense now, and obvious roster holes at MLB, DT#4, DE, I wouldn't be shocked if this is exactly the type of draft we'll see. 

If you could get Mingo in the 4th (a player that Cosell likes) that would be on-brand for the Bills (middle-round skill position players). 

Agreed this would be completely on-brand.  And the Bills are a year away from having no DTs under contract and probably also moving on from one or both safeties and Tre White.  Doubtful Epinesa gets a second contract here so you’ve got a hole there too.  Another defense-heavy draft should not be a surprise.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

I'm good with a defense heavy draft IF we have Hopkins, Jeudy, or OBJ on the roster. If that comes to fruition our WR room will suddenly be crowded and one of the most dangerous groups in the league. We could certainly use more OL depth but otherwise we would have no major needs on offense. So, rebuilding the front 7 in that context makes sense.

• Like (+1) 2

Perfectly understand the rationale for this draft made plausible by the misses and mediocrities Beane has accrued with premium draft picks meant to address DL. Of course, the misses on the OL are perhaps more egregious, not to mention the largely mundane results drafting offensive weapons if one excludes the trade for Diggs which obviously worked and the underutilized Knox who has to stay and help a porous oline too often. I had hoped the takeaway from last year would be that it was time to give Josh Allen better weapons and a truly solid oline. Or maybe that was the takeaway which was addressed in the usual way: modest FA signings and then wait for day three picks. The primary, urgent matter, if this mock is predictive, will be the same necessity to feed premium picks to the D which so far has failed miserably in the post-season. They are free to try whatever strategy they think best helps the team, but if this is the play, they better have significant post-season success, something beyond fizzling out at the division round or before. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp566 said:

A lot of Drew Sanders projections. I’m just not sure a player who’s a hybrid SAM/EDGE is going to solve the middle linebacker conundrum. 

He showed to be a pretty good "MLB" with Arkansas last year playing in a 4-2-5 defense and is similarly sized as Edmunds. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.