2023 NFL coaches picture from NFL Annual Meeting

chongli

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

That is not a more valid population. You're saying I have to accept the assumption that playing means you can teach as well, that I reject. They are different disciplines all together. Ever heard the phrase, those who can't do teach?  The correct way to go about it IS the way I stated, you're trying to make it about race so you'd like to pare down the population to just those in the league.  You're parroting the narrative, silly. 

Anyone who has ever said "those who can't, teach" has never taught a thing to anybody even though they've probably pontificated quite a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Anyone who has ever said "those who can't, teach" has never taught a thing to anybody even though they've probably pontificated quite a bit.

Attacking the character rather than the substance of the argument, great job. Predictable.

23 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Attacking the character rather than the substance of the argument, great job. Predictable.

There's nothing to attack.

Also, which other profession are people so casually disrespectful of? I'd love to continue but I need to get back to indoctrinating the youth of the world.

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

There's nothing to attack.

Also, which other profession are people so casually disrespectful of? I'd love to continue but I need to get back to indoctrinating the youth of the world.

May not fit the bill in every instance but in this instance I think it does. Would you agree that white people in general are less athletic, thereby drop out earlier in their athletic careers than black people in football? This is not racism, it’s meritocracy. Now, that also means, those who dropped out but love the game still, get a head start on coaching earlier, yes? Hmmmm? Those who can’t, teach. Fits the bill here quite nicely, wouldn’t you say? 

These are general sweeping terms based on statistics and not meant to be an every instance and across the board scenario for those who feel the need to point that out. There are always exceptions to the rule. 

3 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Mike McDaniel - A cross between SNL's Stuart and Miami Vice's James Crocket. He just strikes me as a kid trying to be a guy, like Princess Caroline's boyfriend on Bojack Horseman. 

LOL:

Edited by chongli

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

To that point, about 56% of players are Black/Hispanic, 11% Mixed Race/Bi-Racial, 25% White and the remainder other or non-disclosed. 

Couldn't one then reasonably argue that the NFL needs more white players?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.