2023 NFL coaches picture from NFL Annual Meeting

chongli

• chongli changed the title to 2023 NFL coaches picture from NFL Annual Meeting
8 hours ago, chongli said:

Damn right. We have the best coach in the NFL:

everyone looked fairly dressed up. the only person in that pic looking casual, SHOCKER, Andy Reid had some Michael Scott Sandals vaca vibes goin on lol whats he have to prove? Dude said he ate a cheeseburger after the SB lol such a likeable dude

• Like (+1) 1

Bill Belichick - Is he wearing a dress shirt with the sleeves cut off ... tucked into gym shorts? 

Daboll - OMG dude get some sunscreen

Mike McDaniel - A cross between SNL's Stuart and Miami Vice's James Crocket. He just strikes me as a kid trying to be a guy, like Princess Caroline's boyfriend on Bojack Horseman. 

Andy Reid - Looks like he just came from Picadilly

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, chongli said:

Why must it always be a race thing? Why? What bout this then? Percentage of the US population is 13.6% black, 32 teams / 3 = 11%, so it's just about the right mix, you can argue one more but it's give or take one. So, what's the big deal here? Why are the teams so predominantly non-white? Because it's all about meritocracy, the way its SUPPOSED to be! My goodness people are not smart, just go along with the diversity narrative. 

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Why must it always be a race thing? Why? What bout this then? Percentage of the US population is 13.6% black, 32 teams / 3 = 11%, so it's just about the right mix, you can argue one more but it's give or take one. So, what's the big deal here? Why are the teams so predominantly non-white? Because it's all about meritocracy, the way its SUPPOSED to be! My goodness people are not smart, just go along with the diversity narrative. 

There are 6 non-white/mixed race: Tomlin, Bowles, Ryans, Salah, Rivera, M. McDaniel

Your comparison to the entire US population is not a valid one. The more relevant analysis would be how does the racial makeup of coaches compare to the racial makeup of the players, since pretty much every coach has played the game (at some level, at least college). 

To that point, about 56% of players are Black/Hispanic, 11% Mixed Race/Bi-Racial, 25% White and the remainder other or non-disclosed. 

The point is that the NFL has 6 of 32 or 18.75% of head coaches are non-white while the players they are coaching are at least 67% non-white. 

The NFL still has a long way to go. I'm not saying 2/3 of coaches should be of color, but it still is not where it should be by a long shot. 

By contrast, about 72% of NBA players are Black and half the coaches are Black. By HamSandwhich logic, there are too many Black coaches in the NBA (since only 13.6% of population is Black) and that clearly is not the case. 

5 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

There are 6 non-white/mixed race: Tomlin, Bowles, Ryans, Salah, Rivera, M. McDaniel

Your comparison to the entire US population is not a valid one. The more relevant analysis would be how does the racial makeup of coaches compare to the racial makeup of the players, since pretty much every coach has played the game (at some level, at least college). 

To that point, about 56% of players are Black/Hispanic, 11% Mixed Race/Bi-Racial, 25% White and the remainder other or non-disclosed. 

The point is that the NFL has 6 of 32 or 18.75% of head coaches are non-white while the players they are coaching are at least 67% non-white. 

The NFL still has a long way to go. I'm not saying 2/3 of coaches should be of color, but it still is not where it should be by a long shot. 

By contrast, about 72% of NBA players are Black and half the coaches are Black. By HamSandwhich logic, there are too many Black coaches in the NBA (since only 13.6% of population is Black) and that clearly is not the case. 

That is not a more valid population. You're saying I have to accept the assumption that playing means you can teach as well, that I reject. They are different disciplines all together. Ever heard the phrase, those who can't do teach?  The correct way to go about it IS the way I stated, you're trying to make it about race so you'd like to pare down the population to just those in the league.  You're parroting the narrative, silly. 

5 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Would you also conclude that non-white players are over-represented in the NFL compared to the entire US population?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.