ESPN latest mock has us getting a RB but not the one you think

PrimeTime101

We NEED another stud WR. 

We now have 3 RB’s that can run the ball. We hopefully have improved the O Line a bit. 

If Diggs, goes down (please God no), does anyone want our top 3 WR’s to be Davis, Shakir and Sherfield?  Beane needs to get another game changer… and a true #1b or #2.
Gabe Davis needs to be a #3… and so on. 

On 3/29/2023 at 1:24 PM, Magox said:

If this guy is available around round 4, you gotta consider him.  I've mentioned him in previous threads.

Really like the player and fit, just not a good 1st round use for us. If rbs slide in general rd2 is still high but if hes clear cut BPA maybeeee??? 

Reminds me of J Williams on Denver (UNC back few years ago, first name escapes me)

On 3/30/2023 at 9:03 AM, BigAl2526 said:

I think the odds of Bijan Robinson being available at #27 are less than 50/50.  If he is, and the Bills pick a RB, it's Robinson, who checks all the boxes except unreal speed.  Robinson is fast (sub4.5) but not unreal.  Gibbs is a bit faster but lacks the size to have real power inside.  I doubt he's the blocker that Robinson is either.  He's a talented back and I wouldn't mind him as a Bill, but I'd be surprised if the Bills make that pick.

Gibbs is big enough to run inside. If Cook is Gibbs for sure is. Neither Gibbs or Bijan have proved anything in pass pro. 

On 3/29/2023 at 8:34 AM, PrimeTime101 said:

I am no where near 100% behind this BUT.. If holds true that the run SHOULD open up for better passing then what are the other options? Lets just assume we are done looking for a true #2 WR for the sake of argument and figure out how we can make this team into more of a running machine where we run 40% and pass 60% ++.

A true running machine where we run 40%?

IMO, no such thing.

Some of that 40% will come when we are well ahead and drastically raise our run percentage for part of several games. 

That would mean that most of the season we'd be running at somewhere around a 36 - 38% pace. Just over a third. Some of those runs will be by Josh, even if we don't use him on many called runs. About 120 Josh runs each of the last two years., out of 430 and 461. Cut Josh's runs down to 75, as an example, though I doubt they'll ever go quite that low while he's young and tough.

That'd end with the RB carries being somewhere around just above a third of somewhere in the general neighborhood of 360 - 390 runs. I don't see anyone calling that a running machine. Nor should we try to get an offense that looked like a running machine.

We should try to get better. Very questionable whether that is worth a 1st round RB. IMO, it just ain't. We platoon anyway and Cook would take a lot of carries from whoever it is. 

Don't see it, myself.

On 3/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

You have heard of Day 3 right? Rounds 4-7.

We heartily approve this message.

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Gibbs is big enough to run inside. If Cook is Gibbs for sure is. Neither Gibbs or Bijan have proved anything in pass pro. 

Hadn't looked enough at any high RBs to notice that, but if true that is a major major strike against acquiring them in this offense.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

A true running machine where we run 40%?

IMO, no such thing.

Some of that 40% will come when we are well ahead and drastically raise our run percentage for part of several games. 

That would mean that most of the season we'd be running at somewhere around a 36 - 38% pace. Just over a third. Some of those runs will be by Josh, even if we don't use him on many called runs. About 120 Josh runs each of the last two years., out of 430 and 461. Cut Josh's runs down to 75, as an example, though I doubt they'll ever go quite that low while he's young and tough.

That'd end with the RB carries being somewhere around just above a third of somewhere in the general neighborhood of 360 - 390 runs. I don't see anyone calling that a running machine. Nor should we try to get an offense that looked like a running machine.

We should try to get better. Very questionable whether that is worth a 1st round RB. IMO, it just ain't. We platoon anyway and Cook would take a lot of carries from whoever it is. 

Don't see it, myself.

We heartily approve this message.

Hadn't looked enough at any high RBs to notice that, but if true that is a major major strike against acquiring them in this offense.

I was just throwing out numbers to make the point that If we did go RB in the first, I think you would see us running way more then we used to. That was my whole point. The % was just numbers out of my behind. 

17 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I was just throwing out numbers to make the point that If we did go RB in the first, I think you would see us running way more then we used to. That was my whole point. The % was just numbers out of my behind. 

Well, that would be yet another excellent reason - IMO - not to go RB in the first. We need to pass primarily, and should take the ball out of Josh's hands as little as possible.

It's not as if we're wildly unusual about passing a lot. We were 11th in the league last year in pass percentage. We don't need to throw less.

Kansas City was 8th. Cincy 5th.

Joe Buscaglia has been talking up Roschon Johnson in the 4th. I finally looked at a bit of video. Yikes!! Me likey!!

Edited by Thurman#1

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

Well, that would be an excellent reason - IMO - not to go RB in the first. We need to pass primarily, and should take the ball out of Josh's hands as little as possible.

It's not as if we're wildly unusual about passing a lot. We were 11th in the league last year in pass percentage. We don't need to throw less.

Kansas City was 8th. Cincy 5th.

Joe Buscaglia has been talking up Roschon Johnson in the 4th. I finally looked at a bit of video. Yikes!! Me like!!

that is only because of how much JA runs 

20 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Idk how they can justify this. We spent a 2 on Cook who can be the real deal. Have Hines and Harris , both legit. I'd be shocked if we go RB but I still trust the process

Cooked proved in the Bengals playoff game that he’s not good. We are moving on. 

Edited by Kiva
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Kiva said:

Cooked proved in the Bengals playoff game that he’s not good. We are moving on. 

This is a pretty bad take.  The O-line was a complete sieve most of the game and Josh was running for his life against what was a 3-man rush sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

This is a pretty bad take.  The O-line was a complete sieve most of the game and Josh was running for his life against what was a 3-man rush sometimes.

That’s why it’s more important to go with OL and roll with what we have in cook for now. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/28/2023 at 6:55 PM, Dr. Who said:

Mike Tannenbaum doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box. It's his draft. After drafting Cook, resigning Hines, and signing Damien Harris, with all the other needs (OL, DL, WR, LB, TE2), it would be a surprising pick. He is talented.

Picking a RB after what you just mentioned would be full reta*d 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.