ESPN latest mock has us getting a RB but not the one you think

PrimeTime101

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We spent a 2nd Round Pick on James Cook just last year. He really started coming on strong down the stretch. We traded for Nyheim Hines a handful of months ago. Just signed Damien Harris to be the Thunder to their Lightning.

Our RB room is in real good shape this season. Maybe we take a late round flyer on a guy. But in no way, shape, or form are we drafting a RB in Round 1 with the holes we have to fill on this team and the RB's we have already.

while i agree to you to an extent, I would be fine with Cook as a starter. was just reporting a ESPN mock. They look at Hines way more as a ST asset then a HB. Damien Harris Signed a 1 year prove it deal that we have moved on from many times. I am not disagreeing with you... I am just saying that I can see this scenario play out

12 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I agree lol. Every Damn Year!!! though 2 years ago I would wonder what would of happened if HB Etienne drifter to us? would he of been more impactful then Rousseau?

Daiyan Henley in the second? so your now saying you would not pass him up?

I am following the ESPN Mock.  I would take Campbell/Sanders/Simpson/Addison/Banks all ahead of Gibbs. Just to be clear, I would also take quite a few others ahead of gibbs

Edited by Chaos

Just now, Chaos said:

I am following the ESPN Mock.  I would take Campbell/Sanders/Simpson/Addison/Banks all ahead of Gibbs. 

thanks for the reply, Again this would not be the first pick but it sure is always the fun conversation to have. They are expecting Addison to drop to to not winning 1 on 1 battles and not the best of hands.  So.. no on Addison. Simpson would be awesome I do admit but can Buffalo handle another Simpson? lol just saying. 

5 minutes ago, zevo said:

if JSN lasts that long and we don't trade up....im going to be pissed.

He is going to be a great slot, an immediate and an important contributor…and a Raven imo.

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I am following the ESPN Mock.  I would take Campbell/Sanders/Simpson/Addison/Banks all ahead of Gibbs. Just to be clear, I would also take quite a few others ahead of gibbs

Is that because of positional needs or because you think these others are just better players.

13 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

He is going to be a great slot, an immediate and an important contributor…and a Raven imo.

Is that because of positional needs or because you think these others are just better players.

because they will help the Bills win more games. 

25 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

while i agree to you to an extent, I would be fine with Cook as a starter. was just reporting a ESPN mock. They look at Hines way more as a ST asset then a HB. Damien Harris Signed a 1 year prove it deal that we have moved on from many times. I am not disagreeing with you... I am just saying that I can see this scenario play out

I don't agree with the idea that (not that I'm saying you're saying it) Hines is just going to be a Special Teams guy. I don't think Beane traded for him just to be a Returner. Even McDermott has said they could have used him more on Offense. And with what we're paying him, I'd be further surprised if that were the case.

As for Harris on a one year deal, I feel like it makes more sense to Draft a RB next year if you need to replace him and/or Cook regresses than it does doing it this year.

It has to be WR, LB, or OL in Round 1. Maybe a DT if they think they might want to move on or won't be able to bring back Ed Oliver and/or DaQuan Jones after this season. Maybe a TE if they feel they need 2.

RB is just a luxury pick that you shouldn't do in the 1st Round to begin with. Doubly so if you already have 3 RB's to feel good about and Triply (is that a word?) so if you have holes to fill.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't agree with the idea that (not that I'm saying you're saying it) Hines is just going to be a Special Teams guy. I don't think Beane traded for him just to be a Returner. Even McDermott has said they could have used him more on Offense. And with what we're paying him, I'd be further surprised if that were the case.

As for Harris on a one year deal, I feel like it makes more sense to Draft a RB next year if you need to replace him and/or Cook regresses than it does doing it this year.

It has to be WR, LB, or OL in Round 1. Maybe a DT if they think they might want to move on or won't be able to bring back Ed Oliver and/or DaQuan Jones after this season. Maybe a TE if they feel they need 2.

RB is just a luxury pick that you shouldn't do to begin with - doubly so if you already have 3 RB's to feel good about and triply so if you have holes to fill.

100% agree with most of this.. we have to assume Hines is mainly ST till we see something different yes? 

11 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

100% agree with most of this.. we have to assume Hines is mainly ST till we see something different yes? 

I wouldn't. Not based off of things that have been said by Beane and McDermott or his contract. I think he will be used as a Returner (although it's possible he isn't as Harty was a 2019 First Team All Pro return man), but will also get some plays in between Cook and Harris.

And if we take a guy in the 1st, who's inactive on Game Days? We're not going to dress 4 RB's. Even when we had Taiwan and he dressed for ST, we only ever dressed 2 other actual RB's.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.