ESPN latest mock has us getting a RB but not the one you think

PrimeTime101

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/story/_/id/35931704/2023-nfl-mock-draft-mike-tannenbaum-gm-first-round-picks-five-quarterbacks

Jahmyr Gibbs RB, Alabama  >>>>> Sigh

I just want to say the Buzz around Gibbs is getting real. While we are struggling to get a true #2 WR, some are feeling the next move for Beane is to get a true 3 down RB on this team. With an aging Diggs and still not around him, it makes sense to flip to a stronger running game with a back that has more raw talent then what we have.

I am no where near 100% behind this BUT.. If holds true that the run SHOULD open up for better passing then what are the other options? Lets just assume we are done looking for a true #2 WR for the sake of argument and figure out how we can make this team into more of a running machine where we run 40% and pass 60% ++.

Well lets look deeper into what we need to pull this switch off. Just for giggles, yes? :D

1. Short up the left side of the line. Check.

2. A solid TE. Check.

3. A RT to compete better? Hmm?

4. a PROVEN high end trusted RB out of the draft?

This does not seem so hard does it? 

Why McD would want to make such quick changes? That is easy... He is now calling the shots on defense, and we have a OC 1 year on that McD feels he trusts that is likely saying... "If you cant get me a true #2 WR on this team then we need to change!!!" Also, it has been well documented on these boards that Beane has been chasing a RB for years that can fit this type of bill. 

Though I do not necessarily like this direction, at this point it may be the easier direction to go in. For how long have we said everything we do is JA and nothing else?

This will get instant eyerolls, pukes and disagreements but I get it.. 

How many times on these boards have said... we need our Thurman Thomas? 

EDITED

Another source also has us going RB 

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023charlie_1.php?rbBot

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I’d be shocked if this was the pick. If Robinson is there, I could see it being possible. The value would be hard to turn down. 

Gibbs is really good, but he’s also similar to Cook. I’m not sure he’s an every down back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I’d be shocked if this was the pick. If Robinson is there, I could see it being possible. The value would be hard to turn down. 

Gibbs is really good, but he’s also similar to Cook. I’m not sure he’s an every down back. 

similar? yep! but no where near as proven

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

He is SOOO superior to Cook. Cook was a let's settle pick x3

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

He is SOOO superior to Cook. Cook was a let's settle pick x3

2 things I think will happen. 

1. I think we shift to picking up a good RT.

2. I think in the draft we hope this guy drops and If not we go best ILB or best WR available. 

Mike Tannenbaum doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box. It's his draft. After drafting Cook, resigning Hines, and signing Damien Harris, with all the other needs (OL, DL, WR, LB, TE2), it would be a surprising pick. He is talented.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Mike Tannenbaum doesn't strike me as sharpest tool in the box. It's his draft. After drafting Cook, resigning Hines, and signing Damien Harris, with all the other needs (OL, DL, WR, LB, TE2), it would be a surprising pick. He is talented.

so Hines is not being used as a RB more Special teams and the contract changes shows that. Harris is a 1 year prove it deal that we have moved on from deals like this in the past.  Keeping these facts in mind, it would not be a s surprising as one thinks. 

He’s just about as talented as Bijan. But hes not Bijan. Bijan is bigger and stronger, a more powerful back but who can run as well as Gibbs. Cook is to Gibbs what Gibbs is to Bijan. If Bijan is there at 27 im sorely tempted even with Harris on board. 

I like Gibbs so much I wondered whether he could be converted to WR cause hes great coming out of the backfield but hes been a RB not a WR so probably just a silly thought.

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

He’s just about as talented as Bijan. But hes not Bijan. Bijan is bigger and stronger, a more powerful back but who can run as well as Gibbs. Cook is to Gibbs what Gibbs is to Bijan. If Bijan is there at 27 im sorely tempted even with Harris on board. 

I like Gibbs so much I wondered whether he could be converted to WR cause hes great coming out of the backfield but hes been a RB not a WR so probably just a silly thought.

we wondered same thing about Cook.. Run out of backfield.. split wide. The point your missing is this is so much better and proven HB over Cook.

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

we wondered same thing about Cook.. Run out of backfield.. split wide. The point your missing is this is so much better and proven HB over Cook.

Like I said Cook is to Gibbs as Gibbs is to Bijan. And Bijan is better than Gibbs. 

But Cook can still be a very good player. I think he will be.

Oh, and I really did mean WR.

Edited by starrymessenger

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

He also has hooker going ahead of richardson.  seems unlikely. 

so, like me.. you watch lots of College Football. wouldn't you agree that he is a Cook but much better?

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I’d break my TV

like you almost did when we didn't get rosen?

46 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/story/_/id/35931704/2023-nfl-mock-draft-mike-tannenbaum-gm-first-round-picks-five-quarterbacks

Jahmyr Gibbs RB, Alabama  >>>>> Sigh

I just want to say the Buzz around Gibbs is getting real. While we are struggling to get a true #2 WR, some are feeling the next move for Beane is to get a true 3 down RB on this team. With an aging Diggs and still not around him, it makes sense to flip to a stronger running game with a back that has more raw talent then what we have.

I am no where near 100% behind this BUT.. If holds true that the run SHOULD open up for better passing then what are the other options? Lets just assume we are done looking for a true #2 WR for the sake of argument and figure out how we can make this team into more of a running machine where we run 40% and pass 60% ++.

Well lets look deeper into what we need to pull this switch off. Just for giggles, yes? :D

1. Short up the left side of the line. Check.

2. A solid TE. Check.

3. A RT to compete better? Hmm?

4. a PROVEN high end trusted RB out of the draft?

This does not seem so hard does it? 

Why McD would want to make such quick changes? That is easy... He is now calling the shots on defense, and we have a OC 1 year on that McD feels he trusts that is likely saying... "If you cant get me a true #2 WR on this team then we need to change!!!" Also, it has been well documented on these boards that Beane has been chasing a RB for years that can fit this type of bill. 

Though I do not necessarily like this direction, at this point it may be the easier direction to go in. For how long have we said everything we do is JA and nothing else?

This will get instant eyerolls, pukes and disagreements but I get it.. 

How many times on these boards have said... we need our Thurman Thomas? 

Every Damn Year!!!!   Oh speaking of Tannenbaum, there's another top candidate for the pink slip. I listened to him earlier with the least popular take ever.

Bruschi gave him hell so that was good.

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

so, like me.. you watch lots of College Football. wouldn't you agree that he is a Cook but much better?

would consider him in the second. would be shocked to pass on every linebacker in the draft, Jordan Addison, Deonte Banks to take the second best RB in the draft. 

Just now, nosejob said:

Every Damn Year!!!!   Oh speaking of Tannenbaum, there's another top candidate for the pink slip. I listened to him earlier with the least popular take ever.

Bruschi gave him hell so that was good.

I agree lol. Every Damn Year!!! though 2 years ago I would wonder what would of happened if HB Etienne drifter to us? would he of been more impactful then Rousseau?

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

would consider him in the second. would be shocked to pass on every linebacker in the draft, Jordan Addison, Deonte Banks to take the second best RB in the draft. 

Daiyan Henley in the second? so your now saying you would not pass him up?

We spent a 2nd Round Pick on James Cook just last year. He really started coming on strong down the stretch. We traded for Nyheim Hines a handful of months ago. Just signed Damien Harris to be the Thunder to their Lightning.

Our RB room is in real good shape this season. Maybe we take a late round flyer on a guy. But in no way, shape, or form are we drafting a RB in Round 1 with the holes we have to fill on this team and the RB's we have already.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.