NFL approves rule change to let players wear number 0

Taro Nimbus

18 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Music City Miracle vs. Tenn.  Had we simply covered the kickoff we would have won.  And IIRC, Rob wasn't on the coverage team.

Yup.  And had we stopped the Chiefs from scoring in 13 seconds, we would have hosted the AFC Championship and possibly beat the Bengals that year.  🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Yup.  And had we stopped the Chiefs from scoring in 13 seconds, we would have hosted the AFC Championship and possibly beat the Bengals that year.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Right, and we all say Josh won us that game and the D lost it.  That's my point.  For all of Rob's failings, and there were many, he at least had that playoff game won before the ST blew it.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Music City Miracle vs. Tenn.  Had we simply covered the kickoff we would have won.  And IIRC, Rob wasn't on the coverage team.

RJ completed 10 passes, took 6 sacks and fumbled 3 times.  It was an awful performance by a Bills QB in a playoff game.  Simply terrible.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

RJ completed 10 passes, took 6 sacks and fumbled 3 times.  It was an awful performance by a Bills QB in a playoff game.  Simply terrible.

Point still stands.  Had the ST covered the kickoff, which there is no excuse at all for ever not, he would have won a playoff game.  Look, I think he was terrible.  I'm not defending his overall performance at all.  Just pointing out he should have won that game.  And while his stats were terrible, he did lead the Bills on the last FG drive to take the lead.

Again, guy was an absolute dud.  Just giving credit where due.

14 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Point still stands.  Had the ST covered the kickoff, which there is no excuse at all for ever not, he would have won a playoff game.  Look, I think he was terrible.  I'm not defending his overall performance at all.  Just pointing out he should have won that game.  And while his stats were terrible, he did lead the Bills on the last FG drive to take the lead.

That is right "he should have won the game" but none of poor plays or extra plays he gave opposition were on him.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Your point was this in your OP:  "To be fair, Rob led the Bills to a road playoff victory".  It  doesn't stand.  

They were ahead of Tennessee despite RJ, not because of him. In. fact they were only ahead because McNair had an even worse game--maybe the worst playoff performance in NFL history. That was a gift any decent QB would have taken advantage of.  A competent QB would have been blowing Tenn out--that wasn't exactly the '85 Bears D they were up against.

So no "credit" is due to a guy who had little positive impact on a game they lost.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

That is right "he should have won the game" but none of poor plays or extra plays he gave opposition were on him.

Lemmie change the phrasing.  Had it not been for a last-second special teams debacle, he would have won a playoff game.  Can't dispute that.

We good now?

Edited by The Red King

11 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Lemmie change the phrasing.  Had it not been for a last-second special teams debacle, he would have won a playoff game.  Can't dispute that.

We good now?

The TEAM would have won a playoff game and I would also add despite him.

TEAMS win game not players.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The TEAM would have won a playoff game and I would also add despite him.

TEAMS win game not players.

Now you're just being silly.  So you can't say Payton Manning won Super Bowls for both the Colts and Broncos?  Or that Brady won Super Bowls for New England and Tampa?  After all, according to you only a TEAM wins games, not players.

I’m sorry why is this a bad thing? I’ve seen so many replies in this thread already saying basically “Boo!!” But no reason why. Don’t most people clown the NFL for being too strict over stupid ****? The “No Fun League” and all that? And yet, here we are. 

Seriously some of you miserable people need to skip football a couple Sundays and hit therapy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Now you're just being silly.  So you can't say Payton Manning won Super Bowls for both the Colts and Broncos?  Or that Brady won Super Bowls for New England and Tampa?  After all, according to you only a TEAM wins games, not players.

You can say a QB led a team (when it was not led by defense) or member of a team but no one player wins games.  Football is the ultimate team game even more than basketball, baseball or hockey.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You can say a QB led a team (when it was not led by defense) or member of a team but no one player wins games.  Football is the ultimate team game even more than basketball, baseball or hockey.

I reiterate.  According to what you've said I and others literally cannot say "Tom Brady won seven Super Bowls".  Anyone that says that is completely wrong?  That statement is incorrect?

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I reiterate.  According to what you've said I and others literally cannot say "Tom Brady won seven Super Bowls".  Anyone that says that is completely wrong?  That statement is incorrect?

Makes complete sense that you use Teflon™ T*m as an example when you want something to fit to your point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.