NFL Network layoffs begin, ESPN layoffs expected

dpberr

Just like every other business, they are evolving. So many people turn to podcasts or YouTube to see/hear topics they care about every day, listen to the team or headline they want to know about, and then turn it off! Few  get good ratings for sports talk anymore. I am not sitting through a 3 hour show of crap about the same media favs Rodgers and Lamar and Jerry Jones  and OBJ so I can hear 5 minutes about the Bills or something I really care about. I will go to a podcast or YouTube, search for the Bills, Sabres, etc. and even by topic within that Podcast and be done 15 minutes later. Sorry but if you have time to have a job, watch 4 hours of sports TV every night and watch a game(s) and still have any form of life you must not sleep. All these sports networks are super bloated and their staffs should be sliced.  Even McAfee doesn’t need 3 random guys in his room. It’s dumb. Jimmy Johnson is an example of a guy who hasn’t said a meaningful thing on a Fox broadcast in years but there he sits forever. Slice away networks!!!!

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You are more terrible than mayo with fries.

I just spit the truth.

7 hours ago, Mark92 said:

This is the worst take possibly of all time.  Kyle Brandt does a great job and he promotes the Bills, Josh Allen and Western New York unlike anyone else. 

It isn't about his views on the Bills. It is about his entire schtick. I have had funnier enemas.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Even if you don't like him, you have to admit he is very popular. He isn't getting the ax any time soon.

Well there is no accounting for stupid...

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

NFLN is letting people go? Can I make a suggestion?

Kyle Brandt.

You're dead to me Mr. Chips 

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Big Rachel Bonnetta fan.  Her Halloween 2021 as Mooch was pee your pants funny.  Cynthia Frelund was laughing so hard she couldn't speak for a full minute.

Me too

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I drench ranch dressing on chicken wings.

I also use ranch instead of sour cream on baked potatoes….because I rock.

Communist 

6 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

Bonnetta is also awful, and they already employed a hotter and better woman in Cynthia Freuland

You shut your filthy mouth

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I would get rid of that annoying Jamie erdahl and bring back Kay adams 

Naw. Kay is eye candy, but she’s annoying now. She didn’t provide much football knowledge, but was decent at moderating the conversation.

Jamie may not be as good at keeping the flow, but she is getting better. Seems down to earth and has more football knowledge than Kay for sure.  I like her a lot.  McCourty can go for sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

It's not just sports entertainment.

Disney is laying off people in waves.

Tens of thousands of programmers are out work as well.

etc.

I get it on an individual level, but somehow I don't feel the world is worse-off with less employed programmers.  

And 'AI' will ultimately lose to Captain James T. Kirk.  Programming will never have leadership.  

8 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I guess you never lost a job and worried about keeping a roof over your family’s head judging by your callous response 

i learned to code when i lost my job. that's what i was told to do. then i sold feet pics and started an OF.

honestly,a majority of these "media" folks are megalomaniacs consumed with their own fraudulent image and importance.

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

It's not just sports entertainment.

Disney is laying off people in waves.

Tens of thousands of programmers are out work as well.

etc.

We are on the verge of another economic recession.

Except LULU stock, I guess everyone keeps buying their expensive stuff in droves.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I just spit the truth.

It isn't about his views on the Bills. It is about his entire schtick. I have had funnier enemas.

Well there is no accounting for stupid...

Kyle Brandt went to Princeton.  You know, the same school that F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ethan Cohen.  Who is the most famous person from your college?  Rowan Atkinson?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Yeah it makes good TV and gets people like you to buy in. 

Sorry. Making claims about my “buy in” is a bit of a joke as you don’t know me. I’m a bit brighter than that. I don’t buy into entertainment. I enjoy it and chose what I watch for entertainment. So yeah, I watch his highlights once or twice a month, along with once or twice when he hosts Allen. But sorry, I don’t “buy in”, it’s entertainment not some life or death decision you buy into. Training for military, first responders etc involves “buy in”.

16 hours ago, Rico said:

Sassy Suzy Kolber has to stay too, don’t care about the rest. Bye bye Booger and Boomer.

Don't forget Steve Young as those that need to go. 

6 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Naw. Kay is eye candy, but she’s annoying now. She didn’t provide much football knowledge, but was decent at moderating the conversation.

Jamie may not be as good at keeping the flow, but she is getting better. Seems down to earth and has more football knowledge than Kay for sure.  I like her a lot.  McCourty can go for sure.

12 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

Not Kay Adams, please.  There is someone that knows absolutely nothing about football.

Kay flirting with Gronk just needs to stop. 

Edited by The Jokeman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.