If Hopkins not available, then what? We DO need another good WR!

Deadstroke

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

There are always receivers that come out of these drafts in later rounds that turn out to be stars (Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas etc).  As long as the Bills draft with one of their 6 picks, I'll keep the faith.

But this is a pretty bad receiver draft. It is bad draft period. Sure there could be a late round star (Thomas was a 2nd rounder, not really a late pick) but banking on that is not sound IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But this is a pretty bad receiver draft. It is bad draft period. Sure there could be a late round star (Thomas was a 2nd rounder, not really a late pick) but banking on that is not sound IMO.

I agree with you that this is not a great draft.  I would hope the Bills take a WR early, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Based on this synopsis the Bills aren't likely to improve enough to compete with the KCs and Cinci's of the league. Look out because Miami and a Rodgers led Jets team are salavating. 

Run it back and see what happens sort of speak. Weaknesses in the trenches is likely the achilles heel of the team. Team weaknesses still appear to be plentiful. What happens when injuries occur? 

I don't understand what more we could've done for OL in 1 free agency than this year. Likely upgraded 2 starters.... or upgraded 1 starter, and added a versatile backup with no drop off in talent.

We still have a draft lol what's with the crying here

Allen Robinson is getting cheaper by the day..... He was THE MAN in Chicago not long ago, and was BADLY misused in LA with bad play calling overcompensated to Kupp.  Only went to Robinson when it was obvious....

I think Robinson could be a legit #2 on the roster.  Give him a chance to prove it.  Rams will eat some of the salary.

WATCH THE VIDEO below to hear what NFL players think of Robinson.

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgDZPY2Lemc

VIDEO:

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I don't understand what more we could've done for OL in 1 free agency than this year. Likely upgraded 2 starters.... or upgraded 1 starter, and added a versatile backup with no drop off in talent.

We still have a draft lol what's with the crying here

No crying at all.  I like a lot of the Bills moves. Nothing earth shattering due to the cap restriction. 

Just thinking that the team's weaknesses are plenty and it was impossible to upgrade enough to compete with the two better teams (KC and Cinci) in the AFC. That's not crying. I call it being realistic. 

If Gabe Davis makes the leap we’ve been waiting on problem solved.  

But still, this should have been the focus last off season but we went all in on defense.  

No one in that front office foresaw this or asked what if Davis isn’t “him” and said we should make the 2023 pick available to get an elite WR and just out score teams because it’s 2023.   

We’re one year behind every year.  

2020 - we needed an elite WR, get Diggs

2021 - we need to sack Mahomes (never happens), draft a DE 1st and 2nd RD. 

2022 - we still can’t sack the QB - get Von

2023 - we need an elite WR

We’re going to be talking about the D line again next year if the pattern here holds.  Oh wait, we are because no one but Groot and Von are under contract. 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Let's look line to line. 

Dawkins - Saffold - Morse - Bates - Brown

Dawkins - McGovern - Morse - Bates - Brown

The Bills re-signed Boettger, signed Jack Anderson, signed David Quesenberry, and you'd have to believe the Bills hope that Tommy Doyle can get healthy to compete for the swing OT job. I think objectively, it looks like the same offensive line - barring the Bills taking an OT at #27. I don't see the suggestion that others have had on this forum about a new OT pushing Dawkins to OG or RT. 

Miller - Jones - Oliver - Rousseau 

Miller PUP? - Jones - Oliver - Rousseau 

No signings on the Defensive Line. Shaq Lawson and Jordan Phillips are Free Agents. So, this leaves a rotation of Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham at DE, and Jones, Oliver and Settle at DT with no one signed long-term. 

Can't agrue with you. Both sides of the Bill's lines are not strong. That's not a recipe to win Super Bowls or advance far in the playoffs. It's been the one major failure of Beane and McD. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Can't agrue with you. Both sides of the Bill's lines are not strong. That's not a recipe to win Super Bowls or advance far in the playoffs. It's been the one major failure of Beane and McD. 

I want an offense heavy draft, but if we can miraculously pull off a WR we like, I'm fine with 5 of 6 picks going into either line. 

Who's our DL coach? Lots of high picks, has anyone gotten better over their career here?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Allen Robinson is getting cheaper by the day..... He was THE MAN in Chicago not long ago, and was BADLY misused in LA with bad play calling overcompensated to Kupp.  Only went to Robinson when it was obvious....

I think Robinson could be a legit #2 on the roster.  Give him a chance to prove it.  Rams will eat some of the salary.

WATCH THE VIDEO below to hear what NFL players think of Robinson.

VIDEO:

VIDEO:

I'd be cool with Allen Robinson (a WR ACTUALLY on the trade market). He was misused in LA. However, they'd have to eat a LOT of his salary. His contract is untenable.

4 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

Many pages of conjecture on the Hopkins romance, and I, for one, think he'd be great for us.  Seriously, what defense could possibly cover all the speed and all-around weapons that we'd have?  But what do we do if the Hopkins trade falls through?  We really really should have a fallback plan/target.  

What are realistic options?

Are we even trying for him. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I’m not a fan of taking a slot only either but I like the player and I think he could really help our offense by getting open.  He makes contested catches too.  His change of direction and footwork looks elite to me. That’s what wins in the slot.  He gets open and we can really use that.  

watching more and more Harty this week has me believing that he’s going to play quite a bit on the outside.  Playing him opposite Diggs puts a lot of pressure on the D if they want to double Diggs- either Harty will be 1 on 1 or the underneath will be wide open for a free 1st down.  We weren’t able make teams pay for doubling Diggs as much as we should have. 

again-  I’m not advocating for drafting him, but I think he’s a helluva player

I’m with you.  His change of direction, as you noted, is tremendous.

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Based on this synopsis the Bills aren't likely to improve enough to compete with the KCs and Cinci's of the league. Look out because Miami and a Rodgers led Jets team are salavating. 

Run it back and see what happens sort of speak. Weaknesses in the trenches is likely the achilles heel of the team. Team weaknesses still appear to be plentiful. What happens when injuries occur? 

Just a quick clarification:  we BEAT the KC of the league in our last meeting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.