If Hopkins not available, then what? We DO need another good WR!

Deadstroke

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Who is the next Zach Ertz?

Will the real Zach Ertz please stand up, 

1 hour ago, Deadstroke said:

Many pages of conjecture on the Hopkins romance, and I, for one, think he'd be great for us.  Seriously, what defense could possibly cover all the speed and all-around weapons that we'd have?  But what do we do if the Hopkins trade falls through?  We really really should have a fallback plan/target.  

What are realistic options?

Run a 1973 Bills offense, rather run-centric - LOL!!!! 😎

1973 Bills Offensive Stats:

213 pass attempts.  96 completions. 996 Yds. 60 1st Downs and 4 Tds.  4.1 NYPA!.  That was it - in a 14 game season!  Fergy's rookie year!

605 rush attempts.  3088 Yds.  152 1st Downs and 20 TDs!.  5.1 YPC.  So  a run play for Bills in 1973 netted 25% more yds than a pass attempt.

Wow has the game changed.

19 minutes ago, 947 said:

Golladay has lost way more than a step since his last good season in 2019. He also lost any semblance of hands he once had.

He was benched for Hodgins last year, and his only game with significant playing time (100% of snaps) was the Giants' Week 17 game in which they sat their starters. That tells you all you need to know.

It doesn’t tell me that much. He was cooked in jersey before Daboll ever got there. Don’t get me wrong Golloday didn’t do himself any favors with his effort there but that’s exactly why his value is peanuts now. Those are the players you sign to one year vet minimum deals. As stated above you bring ‘em to camp and see how they work. If they are done it’s an easy cut. If they perform well they get a nice contract next year from someone. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Ehh... There has been plenty of panic going on about the Wide Receiver position, probably since about midseason (see thread on OBJ).

Most people just saw the garbage available in free agency, and assumed the draft was the only option.

I think the idea of landing DeAndre Hopkins just gave some hope.

Reality is also starting to set, now that most free agents have been signed.  Fans are starting to realize how many glaring holes the Bills are probably going into the draft with (WR, RT, DE, LB), and it's frustrating.

The point about other holes is true … but not relevant to this thread discussion…

There has always been an expectation that they would upgrade the WRs these past few months… barely anyone suggested Hopkins was going to be part of that solution until the last two weeks…

Im confident that a solution will be found still… although Beane will really need to be multi tasking over the remainder of the off season..

OBJ, I could see Beane going with Kenny Golladay or Robbie Anderson (though that wouldn't thrill me), and/or a 1st or 2nd Round WR.

Mike Evans and Jerry Jeudy aren't available for trade. Regardless of how much fans and media speculate, they aren't on the market.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

You just wait to see what Hardy will do in this offense. He is a dynamite player and will THRIVE in this O.

Diggs.

Davis/draft pick.

Hardy.

Shakir/Sherfield.

Fort Knox.

Cook/Harris.

"We need a #2 so bad" is a frickin myth. The hard part is done! We have a top 5 QB and a top 5 #1 in Diggs.

UNREAL!!! I also think that we will be drafting a TE in the draft - potentially at our #1 pick. Helps block for both pass and run and can catch.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

OBJ, I could see Beane going with Kenny Golladay or Robbie Anderson (though that wouldn't thrill me), and/or a 1st or 2nd Round WR.

Mike Evans and Jerry Jeudy aren't available for trade. Regardless of how much fans and media speculate, they aren't on the market.

Oh? You have a source now huh

• Eyeroll 1

Our WR corps is better than people think. They see Higgins/Chase & think every team is like that or something.

Even if we stand pat, we're in good shape. Watch what happens when JA gets more time in the pocket, and we have an ACTUAL running game that defenses have to plan for.  

I don't think we will stand pat, but I'd guess maybe a mid-round draft pick at this point.  This is not a desperate need.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Our WR corps is better than people think. They see Higgins/Chase & think every team is like that or something.

Even if we stand pat, we're in good shape. Watch what happens when JA gets more time in the pocket, and we have an ACTUAL running game that defenses have to plan for.  

I don't think we will stand pat, but I'd guess maybe a mid-round draft pick at this point.  This is not a desperate need.

^^^^^ THIS! ^^^^^^^^

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

El bingo

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Call around the league. Besides OBJ, 

Mike Evans
Jeudy
Kupp (Rams could be open to moving him - he was a Bills fan before he got drafted) 
Aiyuk (unlikely)
DK Metcalf (very unlikely)

Kupp would make this offense just about unstoppable. He'd be 10× what Beasley was for Josh. 

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I just posted a few above you the exact same message. These fairweather fans that think we need Jeudy, D-hop etc. wake up

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

Many pages of conjecture on the Hopkins romance, and I, for one, think he'd be great for us.  Seriously, what defense could possibly cover all the speed and all-around weapons that we'd have?  But what do we do if the Hopkins trade falls through?  We really really should have a fallback plan/target.  

What are realistic options?

I have an answer. There is this great wide receiver from UCF. That might be what you’re looking for.

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Get your 🤮 ready.

Kenny Golloday 

If anyone needs a prove it contract on a cheap one year deal it’s him. 

I was so big on Golladay before he signed with the Giants.  I have no idea what happened there, but I knew that him going to NY was a mistake.  

1 minute ago, Might Rather said:

Kupp would make this offense just about unstoppable. He'd be 10× what Beasley was for Josh. 

yeah man, so would Favre and Brady on this team with Josh. Oh, and we can add Watt to our D and saquon to our RB room. OMG bro, we'd be soooo good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.