If Hopkins not available, then what? We DO need another good WR!

Deadstroke

Many pages of conjecture on the Hopkins romance, and I, for one, think he'd be great for us.  Seriously, what defense could possibly cover all the speed and all-around weapons that we'd have?  But what do we do if the Hopkins trade falls through?  We really really should have a fallback plan/target.  

What are realistic options?

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

Many pages of conjecture on the Hopkins romance, and I, for one, think he'd be great for us.  Seriously, what defense could possibly cover all the speed and all-around weapons that we'd have?  But what do we do if the Hopkins trade falls through?  We really really should have a fallback plan/target.  

What are realistic options?

Draft.  There are pages describing WR and TE draft prospects who might work

Beane has also said the Bills haven't closed the door on OBJ

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Pain

Prediction…

I had to do it.

As an aside it’s liars season so not buying anything coming out of the mouths of anyone, not even Beane.

I have no idea, but him toning down the hype gets him breathing room.  Supposedly KC is in the hunt on Hopkins as well.

KC though has even less cap space than us with $6 mil. Vs. our $10.6.  I know they can always go to the well well of restructure to signing bonus on either team.  I like the Hopkins idea even more that obj, but we’ll see.  I don’t worry about things I can’t control.  It’s a waste of energy.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Oh I just meant thread wise, if we don't get Hopkins who is the next offensive player we start a massive thread to pine for?

But can he block?

He's not a great blocker, but I believe he could develop into a real offensive threat. The best blocking TE is Darnell Washington, but he is at best an adequate red zone receiving threat.

Maybe Mike Evans is the answer to your question.

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Prediction…

I had to do it.

As an aside it’s liars season so not buying anything coming out of the mouths of anyone, not even Beane.

I have no idea, but him toning down the hype gets him breathing room.  Supposedly KC is in the hunt on Hopkins as well.

KC though has even less cap space than us with $6 mil. Vs. our $10.6.  I know they can always go to the well well of restructure to signing bonus on either team.  I like the Hopkins idea even more that obj, but we’ll see.  I don’t worry about things I can’t control.  It’s a waste of energy.

it's amusing that the Athletic writers for KC and BUF each put out statements that the teams are unlikely to trade for Hopkins within hours of each others 

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Draft.  There are pages describing WR and TE draft prospects who might work

Beane has also said the Bills haven't closed the door on OBJ

We've got plenty of options so no need to panic. If Dhop does come then we better not lose more than a 3rd and they need to eat some salary.  If not there's always OBJ or maybe someone promising falls to 27?  I guarantee you Beane will land someone to slot between Diggs & Gabe.

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Two weeks ago, no one thought Hopkins was coming here ….don’t remember a lot of panic then

There is always panic here; on a 1-10 a rating of 6 is normal.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it's amusing that the Athletic writers for KC and BUF each put out statements that the teams are unlikely to trade for Hopkins within hours of each others 

Instructions from parent company NYT?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.