Beane - mentioned 3rd comp pick

First Round Bust

13 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

McD and Beane are about competition so there's a little truth to what they're saying.  However theyre not going with just Bernard, Dodson, and Spector.

They're probably going with a new patented 4-1-6 and going to sell it to us as a game changing paradigm shift.  

Milano will still play OLB of course, and they'll vacate the middle of the defensive backfield in the hope of bringing our playoff caliber defense into the regular season to sync the two.  

Maybe that's what the legendary "Process" is in it's final form.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

This organization has been shockingly transparent during their tenure, but yes I agree maybe that will change.

I think it is an example of a half truth...meaning if the season started today the starter is on the roster he is being honest about that...however we have the draft, camp, cuts etc, which means they may still be looking to upgrade.  Coach speak

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't believe the MLB is fully in house. I think we're definitely going to add there in the Draft. Probably in the 2nd or 3rd Rounds. They'll then compete with Bernard and Dodson and whoever looks the best will take the job for this year.

Spector has more upside then Bernard and Dodson.  He showed it last year in the preseason.  And will be a big time baller this year.  He will be our modern version of Zach Thomas.  Dodson has marginal athletic skills.  And Bernard is built like a safety.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Maybe this is the plan all along… The defense will regress somewhat and lead to Frazier getting that coaching job everyone has been hoping for, leading to more compensatory picks in future drafts…

🤪

15 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Spector is slow?

You sure about that?

this is from last years draft review - the Beast by Dane Brugler from the Athletic...

image.thumb.png.484250636611a5af0602a9b1721a98c2.png

image.thumb.png.696859e806027e03962e61d9139dd4b2.png

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Clemson, Spector played weakside linebacker in former defensive coordinator Brent Venables’ scheme. Spector was an afterthought as a safety in the Tigers’ 2017 recruiting class before moving to linebacker and steadily working his way up the depth chart, averaging 6.8 tackles per game over the past two seasons. Spector is a balanced athlete who is comfortable in space and breaks down well on the move to square up ball carriers. Though tough and decisive, he needs to be more patient with his key-and-react and will struggle to consistently shed blocks near the line of scrimmage. Overall, Spector has some safety-linebacker tweener traits, which hurts his potential NFL ceiling, but he is instinctive and athletic, which can keep him earning an NFL paycheck as a backup and special teamer.

Considering what Edmunds did and did not do as a first-rounder....I dont see a play-maker (ceiling) or a play-stopper (floor) here ?  Do you ?  

To your point, the 4.6/40  is not too bad, its average at best, but like I said he does not check enough boxes for me to be a starter...

12 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Beane is definitely playing the comp pick game this year.  I can't blame him, it's a 3rd round pick that we need, and for me would help ease the blow of losing Edmunds

With the way that the Bills 2024 UFAs are currently looking, he may be able to swing a couple next year too.

It's something Beane will keep an eye on no matter what some fans think.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2024/all/buffalo-bills//

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.