Beane - mentioned 3rd comp pick

First Round Bust

38 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

McD said Edmunds replacement is already "in house". Whoever that is, I have no clue. 

Coach speak, don't buy that for a minute. His replacement may be in house, but that's not their hope, you can bet on that. LB in first or second.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Harty and McGovern were both over $2m per.  I would have thought they'd cancel out Edmunds to a degree, therefore not resulting in a 3rd rd comp

They also lost Singletary and Keenum.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

McD said Edmunds replacement is already "in house". Whoever that is, I have no clue. 

What else would he say.  We have some lbs but they suck we plan to draft a guy who has never played a snap so these scrubs won’t have to do it?  Whoever it is on the roster now or drafted or a FA signed later he can easily walk back that statement.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

In house candidate emerges.......tanned, rested and ready.

image.png.045c8f8f26b2e7a81fefa579be258f2c.png

Edited by JoeF
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Word is Josh Allen is switching to linebacker. They're bringing back Peterman to start at QB.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

McD and Beane are about competition so there's a little truth to what they're saying.  However theyre not going with just Bernard, Dodson, and Spector.

Wow, the disrespect towards Tyler Matakevich is absolutely unreal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Technically, that might include you as I see it! We are as good as in-house as you get! 

It’s not like Beane to go into a draft NEEDING something. This feels odd, because I don’t know who on the roster can fill that position. I don’t know what to expect. 

True we generally do mot have a glaring need.   But in 2021 we went into a draft needing a DE.  Got 2.  Minimal return and passed on an all pro center.  

3 hours ago, JMM said:

Coach speak, don't buy that for a minute. His replacement may be in house, but that's not their hope, you can bet on that. LB in first or second.

that would be another pick on LB after blowing an early one last year. Bean is awful at drafting. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Hey, he's a really young almost 32 year old. Get er done Beane!

Really like Tremaine Edmunds and Luke is very, very retired.

However, I bet today Luke would be able to run the D better than Tremaine ever did.  That's no knock on Tremaine. Luke was one of the smartest and most instinctual players ever.  God bless McD if we can find someone who can just make the calls like Luke did.  Making plays like Luke did would be a huge bonus.

11 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

READ BETWEEN THE LINES, PEOPLE!!

Bring your wallet, HOUSE.  Big payday coming!

image.thumb.jpeg.2e019877619fd76141cfff8a375f7036.jpeg

Never played pro football before?  Not to worry.  Sometimes it seems the FAs signed haven't either. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.