If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?

Chaos

If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?

• Jack Campbell, LB
    • Darnell Wright, OT

RT over MLB all day, Josh Allen is the franchise and the strength of the team, premium picks need to be spent either solidifying up the O-line or getting him more talent to throw to. MLB is a need on this team but I would rather have a mediocre MLB than have Josh consistently running for his life.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

RT over MLB all day, Josh Allen is the franchise and the strength of the team, premium picks need to be spent either solidifying up the O-line or getting him more talent to throw to. MLB is a need on this team but I would rather have a mediocre MLB than have Josh consistently running for his life.

You gotta vote. Wright is losing. 😀

On 3/27/2023 at 5:14 PM, LyndonvilleBill said:

Why do people always focus on the negative? 🙄.

@Chaos was responding to a query about why he seems to be sliding in the draft.

The reason he's sliding/not drawing as much buzz, is not 🥁 because of positives.  The query can't be answered without negatives.

30 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

You didn't vote.  Putcha vote where your post is

Edited by Beck Water

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

@Chaos was responding to a query about why he seems to be sliding in the draft.

The reason he's sliding/not drawing as much buzz, is not 🥁 because of positives.  The query can't be answered without negatives.

You didn't vote.  Putcha vote where your post is

Yes, I know. It was my dumb post/response for the year. I almost deleted it, but thought I deserved the response and any replies I got for it.

@Chaos my apologies for misreading and responding the way I did.

3 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Yes, I know. It was my dumb post/response for the year. I almost deleted it, but thought I deserved the response and any replies I got for it.

@Chaos my apologies for misreading and responding the way I did.

That ok, I am not going to focus on the negatives. :)

• Like (+1) 1

I have voted for Wright, having said that I wanted to post this pro-Jack Campbell info.  There seems to be this impression that he is this slow throwback player.  I don't hink that is true at all.  Of all the players invited to the combine, there are only five players who have an NFL grade of 6.2 or above, a PFF grade of 90 or above, have the prototypical height and weight for their positions, and run a 40 faster than the protoptype for their position.  Campbell is one of those five. 

image.thumb.png.0db564c059398f4b119417ee5e9ba553.png

Campbells pass coverage grade was the highest in the country for linebackers in FBS programs.  A 6 foot 5, it is possible Cambpell would be like an Edmunds except with football instincts and better abiltity to finish tackles. 

image.thumb.png.0ea7ad885da64940359a733b81202900.png

Edited by Chaos

I think Brown is set to have a much better year. He's had back issues, 2 line coaches and 2 O.C.s  A full off season with S&C along with 2nd yr. with Kromer and Dorsey.

I think for this year, I'd rather draft 2 starting caliber Gs....one being a C/G.  Worst case, Bates can play RT. I don't think they feel they need to replace Brown...at least enough to spend their 1st pick on a tackle. I also like Alec Anderson developing. I'm praying McGovern does not = Saffold.

Edited by nosejob
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I think Brown is set to have a much better year. He's had back issues, 2 line coaches and 2 O.C.s  A full off season with S&C along with 2nd yr. with Kromer and Dorsey.

I think for this year, I'd rather draft 2 starting caliber Gs....one being a C/G.  Worst case, Bates can play RT. I don't think they feel they need to replace Brown...at least enough to spend their 1st pick on a tackle. I also like Alec Anderson developing. I'm praying McGovern does not = Saffold.

The excuses for Brown have gotten old. He's been straight up bad the past 2 seasons.

the #1 reason we got bounced from playoffs is our O-line is below average

phi & kc have the best Olines in the league

it don't matter how many weapons we add or if we get a new LB

significantly improve the Oline or its another wasted year of josh

Edited by papazoid
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, papazoid said:

I agree with you.  But there is a logical followup question "can I improve the line as much with pick 59 as I can with pick 27?"  The consensus top 3 OTs (Skoronski, Paris Johnson, Broderick Jones) will be off the board at 27.  If we had pick #11 and were discussing taking one of those three or an LB, it would be a no brainer.  There is even a chance Darnell Wright is off the board at 27.   So do we take the fifth best OT( Beregon or Mauch) or best guard Avila or Torrence, or take the top LB available and hope Beregon or Mauch are available at 59 (and further hope they are better than Spencer Brown).  

23 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

The excuses for Brown have gotten old. He's been straight up bad the past 2 seasons.

There's zero proof that a rookie will be an upgrade. I'd rather get Darnell Washington in the 2nd.  On another note...we have no DTs at he end of this season.

5 hours ago, nosejob said:

There's zero proof that a rookie will be an upgrade. I'd rather get Darnell Washington in the 2nd.  On another note...we have no DTs at the end of this season.

Edit; I'm not at all against getting a tackle in the draft...somewhere.

Edited by nosejob

17 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I agree with you.  But there is a logical followup question "can I improve the line as much with pick 59 as I can with pick 27?"  The consensus top 3 OTs (Skoronski, Paris Johnson, Broderick Jones) will be off the board at 27.  If we had pick #11 and were discussing taking one of those three or an LB, it would be a no brainer.  There is even a chance Darnell Wright is off the board at 27.   So do we take the fifth best OT( Beregon or Mauch) or best guard Avila or Torrence, or take the top LB available and hope Beregon or Mauch are available at 59 (and further hope they are better than Spencer Brown).  

my answer would be.....you stay true to your board......you put the scouting work in before the draft and rank the players from 1 to 300.....the day of the draft comes and its pretty simple....you take BPA or get cute and try to trade down a little...or go up and get the guy who is BPA and fills your #1 need.....you do not reach more than 1 or 2 spots to fill a need. lets take this hypothetical big board that the bills brain trust could put together:

#8- peter skoronski OT

#19- paris johnson OT

#20- darnell wright OT

#24- anton harrison OT

#26- broderick jones OT

#35 - dawand jones OT

so, at #27 i have no trouble taking any of those OT's except #35.......obviously i have no idea who else might be avail at #27

right now today, Oline is the weak link on this team and needs to be fixed. if you start forecasting our needs for 2024, then you can justify using a 1st round pick on every position group except QB

Edited by papazoid

23 minutes ago, papazoid said:

The number 1 reason we haven’t won a Super Bowl yet is our defense. I’d like to think that it was mostly Fraizer and now he’s gone. But it’s not the Oline. We can’t stop the Chiefs and we can’t stop the Bengals. That’s the truth. It’s not glamorous and it’s not the popular opinion but it’s reality. We are fine on the Oline. We couldn’t even hold a lead in a playoff game for 13 seconds. Our offense has been the best thing about this team during this run. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The number 1 reason we haven’t won a Super Bowl yet is our defense. I’d like to think that it was mostly Fraizer and now he’s gone. But it’s not the Oline. We can’t stop the Chiefs and we can’t stop the Bengals. That’s the truth. It’s not glamorous and it’s not the popular opinion but it’s reality. We are fine on the Oline. We couldn’t even hold a lead in a playoff game for 13 seconds. Our offense has been the best thing about this team during this run. 

i'll go defense #1 for 2021 but not 2022......agree totally on leslie frazier....he played soft and predictable vs kc 13 seconds. last year was more to do with injury / health vs cincy.  daquan jones, von miller and hyde were out completely. poyer and tre white were not at 100%.....thats half the team right there.  compared to the offense, our defense is loaded with talent. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.