If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?

Chaos

If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?

• Jack Campbell, LB
    • Darnell Wright, OT

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I think it "has to be" because of what the fallback option is. We can still hope Spencer Brown becomes capable and if not we know what Quessenberry is. Dodson or Bernard int he middle and this team is DOA.

Dodson or Benard starting are at worst a lost season.  Spencer Brown starting as a turnstile is at worst the lost of the future competetiveness of the team for a football generation. 

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Dodson or Benard starting are at worst a lost season.  Spencer Brown starting as a turnstile is at worst the lost of the future competetiveness of the team for a football generation. 

That's the most extreme bananas take I've ever heard. I assume this is in relation to Josh Allen suffering a career ending injury because of Brown?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's the most extreme bananas take I've ever heard. I assume this is in relation to Josh Allen suffering a career ending injury because of Brown?

yes. it ls less bananas than round 1 "must be LB".   Literally no NFL team is thinking that. (correct use of the word literally).   Or "we are DOA if its not MLB". Both are bananas.

Edited by Chaos

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

yes. it ls less bananas than round 1 "must be LB".   Literally no NFL team is thinking that. (correct use of the word literally).   Or "we are DOA if its not MLB". Both are bananas.

Plenty of teams that have drafted MLB high the draft in the past would probably be thinking "it has to be MLB" or they likely would have drafted someone else. Give me Simpson of Campbell and I'm happy. If you think you can trade up int he 2nd and get them, great. As long as it's not another Cody Ford situation.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Rashee Rice will have a better career than either of those two receivers.

Just did some research, I'm sold!  27 worthy?.....

EDIT: Did some more and there's quite a swing in opinions.

Edited by nosejob

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Rashee Rice will have a better career than either of those two receivers.

I wanted to believe in him, but in the games I watched I thought he had trouble getting separation and had some bad drops.  No doubt, I saw him make some very good catches, so maybe drops are concentration lapses.  Still, I will be a little surprised if he is drafted before the 3rd round.  BIG CAVEAT: I’m a fan who “tries” to scout through game videos, but I don’t know the technical aspects of any given position.  

Based on prellimary results we will not get to a consensus candidate with three choices available.  Wright OT, leads.  It seems as though we will eventually be removing the WR option. I suspect the WR voters are prioritizing offense and will shift to Wright, but really don't know for sure. 

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Flowers will be a stud. 

Campbell and Sanders also.  

That said I’d take OT Wright over either.  LB in Rd. 2 or 3.  

Agree, I'm a HUGE fan of Flowers.  I think he's got Diggs potential, and would be our day 1 starter in the slot.   

Zay isn't a slot only player. But he will be a beast there and open up more options for us.  People forget Beas was basically our #2 from the slot, and allows less double teams of Stefon.

Darnell Wright would also be a great pick.  I'm probably overly optimistic about Spencer, but also realistic.  Preferably there'd be a 2nd or 3rd round OT to draft, then let the best man win the spot.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Preferably there'd be a 2nd or 3rd round OT to draft, then let the best man win the spot.

OT Matthew Bergeron might be there at 59.  I am less excited than the board about Wright. But I do think an improved line makes Diggs/Davis/Darty better.  I don't think Hyatt or flowers makes the line better.  But Allen can have a quick release, and Flowers might be the guy to get separation and move the chains the better than whom we have.  

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.