If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?

Chaos

If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?

• Jack Campbell, LB
    • Darnell Wright, OT

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

I voted for Wright Tackle.  For those of you pushing Zay Flowers, ***** is wrong with you?  Dude has the double whammy, the first and last names of two of the biggest draft flameouts in Bills history.  Just reading that name makes me throw up in my mouth....

You're thinking it wrong.....he can rectify two wrongs with one right! He would cleanse the demons....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/27/2023 at 3:45 PM, NewEra said:

I’d take Flowers over Hyatt on a coin toss. 

We have Josh Allen-  protect him.  Give me a RT over MLB all day every day.

This.

Give me a stud tackle to protect our franchise QB.

Insane how he’s made our horse crap like look decent over the years. Has bailed them out many times. See KC 2021 playoff game video in the playoffs where good ol Spencer brown whiffed when Allen said hut.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

My worry with Flowers is size and thickness. I understand the Steve Smith comparison but Smith was considerably thicker and heavier set and he has much longer arms (freakishly long for his height) which in terms of getting off press coverage were an asset. Zay I really worry about him against any defender that wants to get a bit physical. 

If you're looking for an optimistic comparison, DeSean Jackson had a similar build. 180 pounds, 29 3/4" hands. He had 3 inches of height on Zay Flowers but overall similar body type. But that's the only WR I can think of from this millennium with sub 30" arms that ended up a success. If you bet on Flowers you're betting on him being the first outlier in 15 years.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If you're looking for an optimistic comparison, DeSean Jackson had a similar build. 180 pounds, 29 3/4" hands. He had 3 inches of height on Zay Flowers but overall similar body type. But that's the only WR I can think of from this millennium with sub 30" arms that ended up a success. If you bet on Flowers you're betting on him being the first outlier in 15 years.

Interesting post. Good information

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

And Jacksob was a run down the field and chuck it deep guy. Skillset wise he was much more Hyatt than Flowers. Flowers is trying to be a Stefon Diggs win at all 3 levels guy with Desean Jackson size. 

Also worth saying I think Jackson went in the 2nd didn't he? That is where Flowers belongs to me. But poor draft he might get pushed up.

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

With hands that big, I'm sure he would catch everything. 😉

• Haha (+1) 3

The real q of the OP is spencer brown vs ?? At mlb.  Not sure who that current starter is at mlb.

to me the lb position drops off sharply after round two so if we don’t go lb in round 1, it’s risky and we may panic and trade up higher in rd two if the top 2 mlb are off the board. 

gotta go lb in rd 1 I think.

10 hours ago, McBean said:

This.

Give me a stud tackle to protect our franchise QB.

Insane how he’s made our horse crap line look decent over the years. Has bailed them out many times. See KC 2021 playoff game video in the playoffs where good ol Spencer brown whiffed when Allen said hut.

On 3/27/2023 at 6:19 PM, Virgil said:

OT or MLB are the only two answers in the first two rounds, barring some magical FA addition.  Another WR means nothing if Josh doesn't have time and confidence in his line.  Give Josh an extra second to throw and you'll see guys on the current roster magically get more open

We also can't run our defense with who is currently on the roster at MLB.  We need to make our defense competent in the middle.

besides Flowers, I don't think anyone who is there at 27 moves the needle at WR this season.  We need someone who makes an impact this year.  Seems to be OT for the reasons you mentioned.  Instantly helps JA and the RBs.  

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Position wise I'm fine with either.

I guess my only question is, if one is selected what type of players are we looking at for the other position in the 2nd round?

it seems the majority opinion is that none of the top 3 LBs (Campbell, Sanders, Simpson) will be available at 59.   There seems to be some possiblity that a starting OT could be had at 59 (Mauch, Beregon)

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.