If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?

Chaos

If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?

• Jack Campbell, LB
    • Darnell Wright, OT

40 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Van Ness Monster, Michael Meyers or Campbell if all 3 are magically available?

Not Meyer. The other two I think I lean Van Ness... but could take either. I think Van Ness will be gone. Meyer is 50/50. I think Campbell will be there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not Meyer. The other two I think I lean Van Ness... but could take either. I think Van Ness will be gone. Meyer is 50/50. I think Campbell will be there.

You consistently pass my tests Gunner:wub:

You're my pick for Assistant to the Assistant to the General Manager (I'm Assistant to the GM)

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

Depends on what happens between now and the draft.  If Beane were to sign a DHop or OBJ, then I don't think we take a WR early.  I think this draft is deeper at OT than it is at MLB.  I'm not sure Campbell falls to the end of the 2nd.  I would take Campbell at #27 and an OT at #59.  

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/27/2023 at 4:24 PM, Chaos said:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/246617-your-choice-as-of-today-for-pick-27-limited-to-players-who-are-likely-available-to-select/

image.thumb.png.13335027c58a1fdbd0effa2c8ddf4fc4.png

Current polling shows Jack Campbell, with a large lead, but nowhere near majority support (24% currently).  Darnell Wright is in second place.  Two wide receivers Jaylin Hyatt and Zay Flowers combine are about equal, and if combined would slide into second place.  

This post is asking two questions. 

1) If the only two choices were Zay Flowers and Jaylyn Hyatt who would you select? 
2) if the choices came down to Jack Campbell, Darnell Wright and the winner of the Flowers/Hyatt poll which of those three would you select. 

It is not possible we will get a majority selection from the large list of choices. Using this poll to narrow the consensus. 

Jalin Hyatt gives me serious John Ross vibes. Fast but no other skills necessary to be elite Wr in NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Jalin Hyatt gives me serious John Ross vibes. Fast but no other skills necessary to be elite Wr in NFL. 

Flowers all day. He's small but really can do it all. Fast, dynamic, good route runner, good hands, and can create space. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Better than this?

A41735CC-F7B3-4E4B-B5C1-8C53F5F15D60.jpeg

There is zero chance using the PFF default setting that Cambell is available 59 or Bergeron at 91.

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Flowers all day. He's small but really can do it all. Fast, dynamic, good route runner, good hands, and can create space. 

@GunnerBillwho follows this stuff as closely as any poster has a different take. NFL.com grades Hyatt much higher than Flowers too.  

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

There is zero chance using the PFF default setting that Cambell is available 59 or Bergeron at 91.

@GunnerBillwho follows this stuff as closely as any poster has a different take. NFL.com grades Hyatt much higher than Flowers too.  

I certainly respect Gunner's knowledge. 

He's probably correct. On tape, Flowers looks more versatile than Hyatt. The real question is his size. He reminds me of a young Steve Smith. 

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I certainly respect Gunner's knowledge. 

He's probably correct. On tape, Flowers looks more versatile than Hyatt. The real question is his size. He reminds me of a young Steve Smith. 

I think you are right on versatility. Hyatt is more of a downfield deep ball guy, Flowers can be an all 3 levels receiver. My worry with Flowers is size and thickness. I understand the Steve Smith comparison but Smith was considerably thicker and heavier set and he has much longer arms (freakishly long for his height) which in terms of getting off press coverage were an asset. Zay I really worry about him against any defender that wants to get a bit physical. 

Doesn't mean I think Flowers is a bust. I think he has a skillset. But I worry that you are going to HAVE to scheme well for him to get him free releases and into soft zones. 

Ultimately they are both 2nd round talents for me. But I prefer Hyatt because I see a solid translateable skillset. Flowers' is more of a projection IMO

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think you are right on versatility. Hyatt is more of a downfield deep ball guy, Flowers can be an all 3 levels receiver. My worry with Flowers is size and thickness. I understand the Steve Smith comparison but Smith was considerably thicker and heavier set and he has much longer arms (freakishly long for his height) which in terms of getting off press coverage were an asset. Zay I really worry about him against any defender that wants to get a bit physical. 

Doesn't mean I think Flowers is a bust. I think he has a skillset. But I worry that you are going to HAVE to scheme well for him to get him free releases and into soft zones. 

Ultimately they are both 2nd round talents for me. But I prefer Hyatt because I see a solid translateable skillset. Flowers' is more of a projection IMO

Great insight Gunner. Thanks.

• Chaos changed the title to Updated Big Board Fine Tuning Pick 27 - Campbell or Wright?

Update: Further Fine Tuning: Down to two choices (will not necessarily be final) but looking to get a Majority Leader.  New Choice is Darnell Wright or Jack Cambell. ( There are 16 players ranked clearly higher, that should be selection as BPA available.   Jack Campbell is the fan's favorite to fill the biggest perceived hole on Defense, LB and Darnell Wright seems to be the favorite to "better protect Josh Allen. 

image.thumb.png.49a3379b7e4821e91e10e33e2432a58b.png results of original poll questions

Edited by Chaos

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.