If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?

Chaos

If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. If final decision came down to Jack Campbell or Darnell Wright who would you select at at 27?

• Jack Campbell, LB
    • Darnell Wright, OT

Update: Further Fine Tuning: Down to two choices (will not necessarily be final) but looking to get a Majority Leader.  New Choice is Darnell Wright or Jack Cambell. ( There are 16 players ranked clearly higher, that should be selection as BPA available.   Jack Campbell is the fan's favorite to fill the biggest perceived hole on Defense, LB and Darnell Wright seems to be the favorite to "better protect Josh Allen. 

image.thumb.png.a07c7a777a5636db77544b4df1b059f5.png results of previou  Campbell/Wright/Flowers Poll. 

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/246617-your-choice-as-of-today-for-pick-27-limited-to-players-who-are-likely-available-to-select/

image.thumb.png.13335027c58a1fdbd0effa2c8ddf4fc4.png

Current polling shows Jack Campbell, with a large lead, but nowhere near majority support (24% currently).  Darnell Wright is in second place.  Two wide receivers Jaylin Hyatt and Zay Flowers combine are about equal, and if combined would slide into second place.  

This post is asking two questions. 

1) If the only two choices were Zay Flowers and Jaylyn Hyatt who would you select? 
2) if the choices came down to Jack Campbell, Darnell Wright and the winner of the Flowers/Hyatt poll which of those three would you select. 

It is not possible we will get a majority selection from the large list of choices. Using this poll to narrow the consensus. 

image.png

Edited by Chaos
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Flowers over Hyatt.

Also switched my vote to Wright because I’d take him over Hyatt but not Flowers.

Well, Flowers is currently winning the Flowers/Hyatt poll.  So you may want to consider that.  After a couple of days, I will modify the second question to reflect the winner, if there is a clear choice.   I prefer Hyatt over flowers, but people have convinced me that Wright is a more important piece of the puzzle than WR or LB. 

Love your posts! Think they’re awesome and a great job on your part! 

thanks!

Regarding the post, if it’s between Campbell, Wright or one of the WRs @ 27, I think you go with the sensible choice and choose the OT. However, I selected Hyatt/Flowers due to the lack of solid options under contract for the next few years outside of Diggs. I think Gabe has a strong season then departs due to $. So who replaces him? We aren’t going to be able to pick Worthy or Harrison Jr. next year as, barring a total meltdown or Josh being done for the year early, we won’t be in the range they are going to be drafted. That leaves, as it stands right now, around the same talent pool as this year after they’re gone. 

Tough choice to make. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I think you go with the sensible choice and choose the OT. However, I selected Hyatt/Flowers due to the lack of solid options under contract for the next few years outside of Diggs.

This is the Dilemma :)

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Well, Flowers is currently winning the Flowers/Hyatt poll.  So you may want to consider that.  After a couple of days, I will modify the second question to reflect the winner, if there is a clear choice.   I prefer Hyatt over flowers, but people have convinced me that Wright is a more important piece of the puzzle than WR or LB. 

I’m not against further OL help high in the draft. But if we haven’t gotten Hopkins then adding a WR on a possibly 5 year cost-controlled deal sounds like the better route. Flowers to me is just the most dynamic option. 

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He's my favourite and he seems to be sliding/not getting mentioned much

Sesame Street Idk GIF

He is projected to be available at 59 almost certainly, and maybe even at 91. I suspect this part of his reputation from NFL.com combine writeup is the main issue. 

Weaknesses

Can be nonchalant through drive phase of intermediate routes.

Lacks commitment to detail as a route runner.

PFF Version:

CONS
He lacks the long speed to be a consistent threat downfield.
Lets opposing corners get their hands all over him at the line of scrimmage.
No stranger to half-hearted routes when the defensive look says the ball isn't coming his way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Chaos said:

He is projected to be available at 59 almost certainly, and maybe even at 91. I suspect this part of his reputation from NFL.com combine writeup is the main issue. 

Weaknesses

Can be nonchalant through drive phase of intermediate routes.

Lacks commitment to detail as a route runner.

PFF Version:

CONS
He lacks the long speed to be a consistent threat downfield.
Lets opposing corners get their hands all over him at the line of scrimmage.
No stranger to half-hearted routes when the defensive look says the ball isn't coming his way.

Why do people always focus on the negative? 🙄.

OT or MLB are the only two answers in the first two rounds, barring some magical FA addition.  Another WR means nothing if Josh doesn't have time and confidence in his line.  Give Josh an extra second to throw and you'll see guys on the current roster magically get more open

We also can't run our defense with who is currently on the roster at MLB.  We need to make our defense competent in the middle.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Jack Campbell! Also why no Lucas Van Ness or Michael Meyers?

Because they are projected to be gone before 27.  If they are available they are already identified as BPA's to select in front of the choices we are discussing now. 

Its all explained here:  https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/246627-big-board-top-40-spots-first-cut/#comment-8335661

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

LB has to be the pick at rd1 after we failed to secure David or Wagner. We could use 2 of the next 3 for OL and the other for WR.

WR's and OT's are more expensive than LBs.  5 year cap protection is better utilized on those two positions.  I would be OK with Campbell or Sanders at 27, but this is a situaton where one failure compounds itself by having to use a first round pick on an LB (not quite as bad as RB).  And in this instance no one seems to think any LB choice is a sure fire starter. The goal for the LB selected in one seems to be "hopefully NFL average".   As I said, good with LB, but I am not sure it is a "has to be"

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Why do people always focus on the negative? 🙄.

Why don't people have reading comprehension skills? 

When some one says "I am not sure why they are sliding" it would be a bit demented to respond with postives. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Because they are projected to be gone before 27.  If they are available they are already identified as BPA's to select in front of the choices we are discussing now. 

Its all explained here:  https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/246627-big-board-top-40-spots-first-cut/#comment-8335661

WR's and OT's are more expensive than LBs.  5 year cap protection is better utilized on those two positions.  I would be OK with Campbell or Sanders at 27, but this is a situaton where one failure compounds itself by having to use a first round pick on an LB (not quite as bad as RB).  And in this instance no one seems to think any LB choice is a sure fire starter. The goal for the LB selected in one seems to be "hopefully NFL average".   As I said, good with LB, but I am not sure it is a "has to be"

I think it "has to be" because of what the fallback option is. We can still hope Spencer Brown becomes capable and if not we know what Quessenberry is. Dodson or Bernard int he middle and this team is DOA.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.