Taylor Rapp Signing with Bills

1 minute ago, BillsFanInRaleigh said:

Anyone that gets cut from the Rams should be taken with a grain of salt. They're in cap hell and in way over their heads from a personnel perspective.

this article from a Rams site says he's so bad they don't understand how he even see's the field

• Taylor Rapp gets his own bullet point here because he had his worst game in recent memory. I just don’t understand how he still sees the field as often as he does when any average fan with two working eyes can see how confused and out of place he seems to be every snap. Good riddance come next season.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2022/11/21/23471286/rams-takeaways-taylor-rapp-cut-offensive-line

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Maybe we're getting a bum Rapp?

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

Edited by Einstein
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not understanding why a 2nd round pick in his 5th year, just entering his prime, would sign with a team that's already set at its two starting safety positions.

It must mean he either didn't have better options elsewhere on the market, OR...perhaps this is sort of a one year "let's see if you're the future at this position" type signing. See how he does as the third safety on the field and how he picks up the system, and then maybe he replaces Hyde next season.

Huh. I'm happy to sign safety depth, but a little bit perplexed.

Edit: Or maybe he just stinks. That's definitely a possibility.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 7

Just now, Einstein said:

A second round pick that gets cut after 3 years is really good?

Im doubtful. 

I think it’s more about the Rams reconstruction approach than the players ability or worth.

I’ll be the first to admit I haven’t watched him closely but I don’t believe his visit to New England generated questions of health, performance or off field issues.

Not sure what to make of this.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

this article from a Rams site says he's so bad they don't understand how he even see's the field

• Taylor Rapp gets his own bullet point here because he had his worst game in recent memory. I just don’t understand how he still sees the field as often as he does when any average fan with two working eyes can see how confused and out of place he seems to be every snap. Good riddance come next season.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2022/11/21/23471286/rams-takeaways-taylor-rapp-cut-offensive-line

And Poyer couldnt even break into the starting lineup of a 4-12 Browns his entire 4 years with the crappy team.

Players develop. Change of scenery and scheme could help.

Just sayin.

• Like (+1) 29
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

And Poyer couldnt even break into the starting lineup of a 4-12 Browns his entire 4 years with the crappy team.

Players develop. Change of scenery and scheme could help.

Just sayin.

That's true.

And he does have a good PFF rating.

• Haha (+1) 1

From his NFL.com draft profile the year he came out. I have bolded the reasons the Bills likely just signed him.

Strengths

Good size with compact frame and well-built chest

Mister Fix-It asked to play all over the field for the defense

Football intelligence considered top notch

Despite compact frame, moves well

Able to handle man cover duties on tight ends

Impressive talent to diagnose and flow as box safety

Recognizes run lane development like a running back

Takes accurate pursuit angles

Hip sink and footwork are catalysts for open-field tackling

Always comes to balance and widens out to tackle

Loves to thump

Gifted kickoff cover man

Weaknesses

Hands out punishment but absorbs his share as well

Can trigger a little earlier in run support from two-high

Average lateral burst as open-field tackler

Might be out-paced by NFL runners in his race to the edge

Ability to range over the top appears to be just average

Ball production has dropped since freshman season

Routes to the throw can be fairly conservative

Might have left some interceptions and breakups on the field

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And yet, the Rams won the 2021 superbowl with Rapp starting 17 games.

Go Figgur how such a stupid team with such bad personnel evaluation that the "average fan" can do better pulled that off.

Honestly, do you ever logically think through what you're posting here?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.