Scouting Report Daiyan Henley ILB rounds 2-3

PrimeTime101

On 3/27/2023 at 10:52 AM, The Jokeman said:

His size worries me especially when we already have a small guy in Matt Milano. That said we don't need another Edmunds but like to see a MLB in the 6'3 235 range. I'd also like to see us run a more traditional 4-3 as while Taron Johnson an above average nickel CB am not sure it's best to have smaller guys on the field in potential running plays. 

London Fletcher kind of worry :)

On 3/27/2023 at 11:44 AM, HappyDays said:

Maybe this isn't fair of me, but I'm done with small front 7 players. Every year in the playoffs our defense gets pushed around by physical offenses. We need more size and physicality in the middle of our defense.

Thank you… like you said it’s the same problem every year , could you imagine us playing the eagles last year in the Super Bowl. They would probably set the record for rushing attempts. 

On 3/28/2023 at 5:43 PM, 3rdand12 said:

Tweak the D/ London made a name for himself in the right defense though if i recall  😉

if this was the pick.

On 3/28/2023 at 5:50 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

so hard to tell right now. I feel like this team is going to just make many changes going into this year.

It seems it could be the "wildcard" to have something different of D.

It seems to me this whole MLB size versus coverage is not only an issue for Buffalo, but a league wide one.

RBs, Tight Ends and SWRs seem to feast, depending on circumstances, with both styles of MLBs.

I'd love to hear McDermott and his D coaches discuss this issue and the "possible" counterattacks.  The only thing I keep coming up

with is Milano gets the green dot (he's on the field constantly) and there is some sort of rotation between 2 different types of MLBs.

But that was "old school" so something else would have to be added.  Maybe a swapping of the normal NCB with a Heavy Nickel to add

a little more muscle when the lighter MLB is on the field?  Any type of D like this would have to be very game specific depending on

the opponent as to which style is the base for that game.

I know it's probably just a crazy idea, but I keep going back to why they drafted Bernard (who clearly looked like he didn't fit in last

year's D) and them knowing that Edmunds was probably gone for this year.  It's a puzzlement.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am waiting for the @Chaos mind-blowing thread suggesting drafting both Jack AND Daiyan

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bdxp1b66ulrsq0s8ycag

Reading comprehension is a must.  I don’t hate campbell but he is not even my first round choice. I prefer someone to block for Allen. 

23 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Absolutely an exception !

And smaller than Henly I believe.

Fletcher was shorter but I’m not sure what he weighed in at the combine.  He played at 240-245. Fletchers biggest issue wasn’t his height and wright imo.  It was his arms.  
29 1/4.  Henley has 33 inch arms. 

Fletcher was faster though1.  He ran a 4.38 while Henley ran a 4.52

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Fletcher was shorter but I’m not sure what he weighed in at the combine.  He played at 240-245. Fletchers biggest issue wasn’t his height and wright imo.  It was his arms.  

4.38!!!!! jeezz

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I am appreciative of the detail NewEra !

Thought it was purely a passing lane height issue. (which arms do come into play along with vertical)
I just want a smart hitter at this point LOL

Maybe a Klein type :)

23 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

London was short, but 242 pounds. 225 is big safety size. 

yep. Down and in the Box safety size though 😏

24 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

London was short, but 242 pounds. 225 is big safety size. 

Not a feared of hitting either was London.
if i recall ....

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.