Big Board - Top 40 Spots - V1.2

Chaos

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

But don’t you agree that your assessment is very short sighted?  You select players based on standout plays and then assess based on ~3 games?  

In my opinion, your plan of assessment to include the collection of data (plays/stats), analysis/processing of that data (stats/data), and the exploitation of the data is all a very flawed.  

Why don't you just not read his opinions.  What is the point of attacking his assessments.  He is one of the very few who actually add solid content to this board. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

But don’t you agree that your assessment is very short sighted?  You select players based on standout plays and then assess based on ~3 games?  

In my opinion, your plan of assessment to include the collection of data (plays/stats), analysis/processing of that data (stats/data), and the exploitation of the data is all a very flawed.  

I would venture to say that Gunner does far more actual tape evaluation than most “NFL reporters”.  I highly value his opinion- more than most of the media.  Even the “draft gurus” like Daniel Jeremiah probably don’t put in much more time than Gunner.  I like Jeremiah’s opinion and a few others who have actually scouted for teams.  I respect Kiper and others who are similar.

I don’t think that even NFL teams watch many more than 3 full games of prospects- probably more for the early round prospects, but not for all of them.

There is more that goes into scouting than tape evaluation, such as learning about the player’s character, work ethic, are they a leader, what do coaches and others who have been around them say, physically do they have room to add muscle, lose weight, get stronger, does the player fit a given team’s criteria, do they fit the scheme?  How much might they be able to improve with pro coaching….

Edited by OldTimer1960

38 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would venture to say that Gunner does far more actual tape evaluation than most “NFL reporters”.  I highly value his opinion- more than most of the media.  Even the “draft gurus” like Daniel Jeremiah probably don’t put in much more time than Gunner.  I like Jeremiah’s opinion and a few others who have actually scouted for teams.  I respect Kiper and others who are similar.

I don’t think that even NFL teams watch many more than 3 full games of prospects- probably more for the early round prospects, but not for all of them.

There is more that goes into scouting than tape evaluation, such as learning about the player’s character, work ethic, are they a leader, what do coaches and others who have been around them say, physically do they have room to add muscle, lose weight, get stronger, does the player fit a given team’s criteria, do they fit the scheme?  How much might they be able to improve with pro coaching….

I think so too.  I believe these guys just focus on the main names of the draft....the ones that are getting the attention to the public and who the public wants to hear about.  Gunner I think evaluates at all levels and all positions.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.