Bills Draftees Don't Contribute Much

hondo in seattle

ScreenShot2023-03-26at12_37_33AM.thumb.png.685593ec588b0e2f9a02f90fb2199bb8.png

We have not done the best job in the draft, however the parameters of the 5 year period don't really fit well for this team during that time period. McBeane were in the process of completely rebuilding the roster 5 years ago. 2018 team above; there are only 2 starters on Offense and 5 starters on defense from that team currently on the roster and we drafted exactly 5 of those. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Not surprising. Buffalo has brought in a bunch of players that became mainstays here. Hyde, Poyer, Beasley, Brown, Diggs, Morse. Hughes was already here & played for 4 of those 5 years. 

Looking over tne list one thing is for certain..being in the top 10 or bottom 10 doesn't dictate success or failure. There's a mixed bag in both groups.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Shakir DESERVED way more playing time in his rookie season.

Of course he did and so did Elam. Just a incredibly stupid philosophy by McDermott. If you want to mistrust your 5th round pick fine, coddle & sit them. But early round picks should be developed or evaluated immediately. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, UConn James said:

McDermott’s distrust of rookies has been chronicled before. 

Josh Allen, Tre White, Tremaine Edmunds, Taron Johnson, Ed Oliver, Dawson Knox, Gabe Davis, Gregory Rousseau, and Christian Benford all disagree with you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Players who the Bills draft don't seem to contribute much according to Warren Sharp...

image.thumb.png.35e7afb703ee10eea3f42784a59cbe27.png

Thanks for the post. In the future, I would just post the twitter link. This way the tweet will be embedded, in an easier-to-read format, and clickable, so you can view the comments and other tweets the author posts (so the reader doesn't have to search for the tweeter and then scroll to find the tweet). It would also save you time from having to save a screenshot to your computer. [And if you're viewing the tweet from the app on a phone, there is an option to copy the url to your clipboard on the bottom of the individual tweet in case you want to embed online.] Like this:

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Thanks for the post. In the future, I would just post the twitter link. This way the tweet will be embedded, in an easier-to-read format, and clickable, so you can view the comments and other tweets the author posts (so the reader doesn't have to search for the tweeter and then scroll to find the tweet). It would also save you time from having to save a screenshot to your computer. [And if you're viewing the tweet from the app on a phone, there is an option to copy the url to your clipboard on the bottom of the individual tweet in case you want to embed online.] Like this:

I’m curious how much input McD gives to Beane about what prospects he likes…Because if the decisions were by Beane and his scouts alone, I would be pissed if I were McD…

• Like (+1) 1

We rely too much on FA's. Beane needs to draft a lot better this year because we will have to give this year's rookie class a lot more snaps than usual. We also need last year's rookies like Elam, Shakir, Benford to really step up. I think Cook will always be a part time contributor. RB's that aren't good at pounding it up between the Tackles are of limited use. Bernard was just a bad pick.

• Agree 2

Confusing tweet as I'm assuming it's the number of snaps the players we drafted in the last five years played for us. 

A lot of this goes back to the 2017 offseason where we got five regulars that have started nearly every snap for at least five of the last six years (White, Dawkins, Milano, Poyer, Hyde).  There's other reasons (Diggs trade, d-line rotation, etc.) but that's pry the main reason.  Not many teams have that many core starters over the last six years.  This list means very little by the way except to laugh at the Raiders.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, chongli said:

OP's reaction to this post:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.