Your choice as of today, for Pick #27, limited to players who are likely available to select?

Chaos

Among these players who would be your pick at #27  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Among these players who would be your pick at #27

• Anton Harrison OT
    • Darnell Wright OT
    • Dawand Jones OT
    • Jalin Hyatt WR
    • Josh Downs WR
    • Zay Flowers WR
    • O'Cyrus Torrence G
    • Drew Sanders LB
    • Trenton Simpson LB
    • Jack Campbell LB
    • Best Defensive Lineman or Cornerback available.
    • Dalton Kincaid TE
    • Michael Mayer TE
    • Will McDonald IV Edge
    • Bijan Johnson
    • Brian Branch, S/CB
    • Joey Porter CB

5 hours ago, flmike said:

The main measurement for LB is football smarts. Taking tackle angles and shedding blocks, I think. 

I think what you’re looking for is the best combination of football IQ and explosive athletic ability. GMs and scouts lean towards the explosive athlete. Jack Campbell doesn’t look like an explosive athlete on film but his testing says otherwise. He’s under control and does his job. I think the Bills would feel comfortable taking him at 27 do to the testing.

I think they can get him trading down.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think what you’re looking for is the best combination of football IQ and explosive athletic ability. GMs and scouts lean towards the explosive athlete. Jack Campbell doesn’t look like an explosive athlete on film but his testing says otherwise. He’s under control and does his job. I think the Bills would feel comfortable taking him at 27 do to the testing.

I think they can get him trading down.

If Campbell is the pick, so be it, but Simpson better be off the board.  Campbell doesn’t have the sideline to sideline I’d prefer.  And if we thought Tremaine got stuck on blocks, Campbell is even worse in that regard

trading down is the best case scenario.  Hope to snag an early 2nd and 3rd for 27

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If Campbell is the pick, so be it, but Simpson better be off the board.  Campbell doesn’t have the sideline to sideline I’d prefer.  And if we thought Tremaine got stuck on blocks, Campbell is even worse in that regard

trading down is the best case scenario.  Hope to snag an early 2nd and 3rd for 27

Fit is huge. Campbell is the best pure fit for our defense. He understands zone coverage very well, that’s huge for the Bills.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Disagree 1

I originally voted Dawand Jones, but if Darnell Wright is there for us, I think he'd be a better choice. He'll be an elite pass protector and I think his run blocking can be coached up. I'd be happy with either one though. Like I've said, if Brown takes a big step, put Wright at LT and move Dawkins inside. I sure hope so. That OL would do wonders for Josh and the rest of the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I originally voted Dawand Jones, but if Darnell Wright is there for us, I think he'd be a better choice. He'll be an elite pass protector and I think his run blocking can be coached up. I'd be happy with either one though. Like I've said, if Brown takes a big step, put Wright at LT and move Dawkins inside. I sure hope so. That OL would do wonders for Josh and the rest of the offense.

No to Jones. Ugh his footwork and hand placement is nowhere near first round level to me. He is a huge man but the technique leaves a lot to be desired. Wright I like but he is right tackle only to me. Tennessee moved him to left tackle in 2021 and then moved him back last year and the tape at right tackle is a lot better. I don't think he has the hip bend or functional strength to be a blindside protector in the NFL. If the Bills moved back 10 spots or so and wanted to take Wright early in the 2nd I could get on board with that. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

RB Bijan Robinson would be the most elite athlete at 27 and would have the biggest impact on this team. We just better use him right and not leave him on the bench.

We won’t even have to worry about taking him.  He’ll be gone

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think they’re in prime trade down or up territory. I think trading down makes a lot of sense.

I see this opinion posted all the time…and it makes sense for the Bills, but if there isn’t a fit for Buffalo at 27 why do people think there’s a fit for another hypothetical team. Who’ll be there that some other team needs so desperately to cause them to trade with us? 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I see this opinion posted all the time…and it makes sense for the Bills, but if there isn’t a fit for Buffalo at 27 why do people think there’s a fit for another hypothetical team. Who’ll be there that some other team needs so desperately to cause them to trade with us? 

Impossible to know for who but there’s typically movement late in the 1st. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know but there’s typically movement late in the 1st. 

I’m guessing it’ll be from teams behind us who have an extra pick to burn but with the Bills having so many roster spots in need of improvement I’m dying to see who this hypothetical trade partner selects. And praying we don’t regret it! 

Edited by SoCal Deek

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m guessing it’ll be from teams behind us who may an extra pick to burn but with the Bills having so many roster spots in need of improvement I’m dying to see who this hypothetical trade partner selects. And praying we don’t regret it! 

I don’t see so many roster spots needing improvement?

MLB and OT are starting positions they must improve in the draft.

Depth wise they could probably draft any position. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t see so many roster spots needing improvement?

MLB and OT are starting positions they must improve in the draft.

Depth wise they could probably draft any position. 

We’ll disagree there. I’m not as sold on the current roster and am really not sold on the longer term future. It’s a new era in Buffalo with a franchise QB to maintain. We’re going to see a lot of roster turnover in the years to come as players come in and out for a season or two…much like the Patriots had in the Brady years, and as we’re currently seeing with the Chiefs. With all that said, I’m praying for a very productive draft. The team’s going to need at least three, maybe four, solid picks to stabilize the free agency turnstile for awhile. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We’ll disagree there. I’m not as sold on the current roster and am really not sold on the longer term future. It’s a new era in Buffalo with a franchise QB to maintain. We’re going to see a lot of roster turnover in the years to come as players come in and out for a season or two…much like the Patriots had in the Brady years, and as we’re currently seeing with the Chiefs. With all that said, I’m praying for a very productive draft. The team’s going to need at least three, maybe four, solid picks to stabilize the free agency turnstile for awhile. 

Who could you possibly upgrade with draft picks besides MLB and OT?

Who are you upgrading that plays significant snaps?

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Who could you possibly upgrade with draft picks besides MLB and OT?

Who are you upgrading that plays significant snaps?

Fair question. I could see any of the following needing to be upgraded. And I might even add Safety if you consider we’ll be running on fumes in 2023.

MLB

WR2

OG(2)

R-OT

RB?

DT

I would take Dalton Kincaid if he falls to 27. Ideally, you use a first round pick for a difference maker at one of the prime expensive pieces, QB, WR, DE, LT, but outside of that, go for a playmaker. I think Kincaid is that fella and the few WRs I like, Johnston and JSN, are not going to be there. If you don't trade back and there isn't a player to fit the preceding criteria, I am taking Darnell Wright over a LB despite the fact that folks will say that is a glaring hole in the D. This is a year to prioritize Josh Allen and the offense; protecting Josh Allen and adding weapons around him. Let McD coach up the side of the ball he is expert in. If they do go LB, trade back. Trade back or not, Trenton Simpson before Jack Campbell because scheme fit is a real consideration.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I would take Dalton Kincaid if he falls to 27. Ideally, you use a first round pick for a difference maker at one of the prime expensive pieces, QB, WR, DE, LT, but outside of that, go for a playmaker. I think Kincaid is that fella and the few WRs I like, Johnston and JSN, are not going to be there. If you don't trade back and there isn't a player to fit the preceding criteria, I am taking Darnell Wright over a LB despite the fact that folks will say that is a glaring hole in the D. This is a year to prioritize Josh Allen and the offense; protecting Josh Allen and adding weapons around him. Let McD coach up the side of the ball he is expert in. If they do go LB, trade back. Trade back or not, Trenton Simpson before Jack Campbell because scheme fit is a real consideration.

This

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fair question. I could see any of the following needing to be upgraded. And I might even add Safety if you consider we’ll be running on fumes in 2023.

MLB

WR2

OG(2)

R-OT

RB?

DT

Geez. So you’re trying to upgrade Gabe Davis, Ryan Bates, Spencer Brown, James Cook, and Ed Oliver in this draft? And also fill starting MLB?

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.