Your choice as of today, for Pick #27, limited to players who are likely available to select?

Chaos

Among these players who would be your pick at #27  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Among these players who would be your pick at #27

• Anton Harrison OT
    • Darnell Wright OT
    • Dawand Jones OT
    • Jalin Hyatt WR
    • Josh Downs WR
    • Zay Flowers WR
    • O'Cyrus Torrence G
    • Drew Sanders LB
    • Trenton Simpson LB
    • Jack Campbell LB
    • Best Defensive Lineman or Cornerback available.
    • Dalton Kincaid TE
    • Michael Mayer TE
    • Will McDonald IV Edge
    • Bijan Johnson
    • Brian Branch, S/CB
    • Joey Porter CB

As much as I like Jack Campbell’s film, Beane should turn in his own resignation paper work right after submitting the pick for Campbell based solely on wasting a 3rd round pick on Bernard in the prior draft. 

I can see them drafting a LB with their first pick  unless they trade back to get value.

That is why I think it is far more likely we go into the season with Dodson and Bernard. They probably even think they can bring in AJ Klein if needed.

12 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

As much as I like Jack Campbell’s film, Beane should turn in his own resignation paper work right after submitting the pick for Campbell based solely on wasting a 3rd round pick on Bernard in the prior draft. 

I can see them drafting a LB with their first pick  unless they trade back to get value.

That is why I think it is far more likely we go into the season with Dodson and Bernard. They probably even think they can bring in AJ Klein if needed.

He should resign over a bad, late third round pick? I get that Bernard looks like a really bad pick. But I don’t understand the logic here. He just shouldn’t draft anymore linebackers because he picked a crappy one last year? That third round pick is a sunk cost. It is what it is. You have to start fresh every year and you have to pick the best player for your team, and right now that is a guy like Campbell imo.

This is what GMs do. Some picks hit and some picks don’t. Everybody’s rockstar GM Brett Veatch drafted random defensive tackles in the third round 2018, 2019, 2020 all of whom really didn’t amount to anything. Khalen Saunders is ok and just left. So Veatch doesn’t have to resign because he drafted Mahomes and Creed Humphrey? How many WRs did Philly have to draft until they got one right? It’s all a part of the job. You have to look forward. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He should resign over a bad, late third round pick? I get that Bernard looks like a really bad pick. But I don’t understand the logic here. He just shouldn’t draft anymore linebackers because he picked a crappy one last year? That third round pick is a sunk cost. It is what it is. You have to start fresh every year and you have to pick the best player for your team, and right now that is a guy like Campbell imo.

This is what GMs do. Some picks hit and some picks don’t. Everybody’s rockstar GM Brett Veatch drafted random defensive tackles in the third round 2018, 2019, 2020 all of whom really didn’t amount to anything. Khalen Saunders is ok and just left. So Veatch doesn’t have to resign because he drafted Mahomes and Creed Humphrey? How many WRs did Philly have to draft until they got one right? It’s all a part of the job. You have to look forward. 

My bigger point is that the optics would look bad for him. Beane is better off going with Dodson and Bernard this year and using day 1 and 2 picks at other positions. 

Plus, how could anyone even know if Bernard is a bust or not ready when he has hardly played? 

As for your point of picks not working out, Beane seems to have his fair share in the day 1 and 2 area. Outside of Allen, I’m not sure he has hit on a single day 1 and 2 pick in his entire time with the Bills. 

There’s been players who have played meaningful roles on the team like Knox, Edmunds and Singletary but I’m not sure I would say they were successes over expectations. Maybe Knox I guess but we need more out of him next year. Currently the sentiment is coaching and Allen are letting Knox down and thwarted his break out year this past season. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

My bigger point is that the optics would look bad for him. Beane is better off going with Dodson and Bernard this year and using day 1 and 2 picks at other positions. 

Plus, how could anyone even know if Bernard is a bust or not ready when he has hardly played? 

As for your point of picks not working out, Beane seems to have his fair share in the day 1 and 2 area. Outside of Allen, I’m not sure he has hit on a single day 1 and 2 pick in his entire time with the Bills. 

There’s been players who have played meaningful roles on the team like Knox, Edmunds and Singletary but I’m not sure I would say they were successes over expectations. Maybe Knox I guess but we need more out of him next year. Currently the sentiment is coaching and Allen are letting Knox down and thwarted his break out year this past season. 

My point is that all GMs have a ton of misses, including the GMs that every idolizes. Most GMs seem to struggle in the round 2 and 3…the odds just get lower. 

On Bernard, we really have no idea what they think of him, but they probably have some conclusions based on his practices. The only thing that I claim to know is that he is not a mike. He is Milano’s backup. It’s like apples to oranges y’know?

But they know what they have in the building with Bernard and Dodson, but I believe that there is a zero percent chance that either of those guys is starting come September. So the optics don’t matter…he needs a mike. Sure he can draft a backup RT to challenge Brown or a #2 tight end, but how can he justify that when there is a glaring hole in the middle of the defense. 

I keep saying it, but this was the exact same debate on this board last season when there was a glaring hole at corner. It was so obvious it was going to happen, but people kept on arguing against it. Maybe I am wrong and they really believe in Dodson…I just don’t buy it. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, H2o said:

Campbell. Campbell would be what we all hoped Edmunds would become in this defense. For whatever reason, Beane and McDermott believe in Brown (even though a lot of us don't). 

Spencer will never have fast enough feet to play either tackle spot. I too like Wright alot. Plug n play RT.  Seen tape on both Campbell and Sanders. I'd lean Sanders.

28 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

It's bananas to me how high people are on Campbell. 

Why though? Because people on draft sites have him later in the draft? Is it something you see in game?

His production, instincts and all his athletic measures are better than Tremaine’s except his 40. So it can’t be that. 

Last year at this time no one had Kaiir Elam in the 1st. And that’s where he went. Draft gurus had Karlaftis in the top 5, he went like 30. None of that matters.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

My point is that all GMs have a ton of misses, including the GMs that every idolizes. Most GMs seem to struggle in the round 2 and 3…the odds just get lower. 

On Bernard, we really have no idea what they think of him, but they probably have some conclusions based on his practices. The only thing that I claim to know is that he is not a mike. He is Milano’s backup. It’s like apples to oranges y’know?

But they know what they have in the building with Bernard and Dodson, but I believe that there is a zero percent chance that either of those guys is starting come September. So the optics don’t matter…he needs a mike. Sure he can draft a backup RT to challenge Brown or a #2 tight end, but how can he justify that when there is a glaring hole in the middle of the defense. 

I keep saying it, but this was the exact same debate on this board last season when there was a glaring hole at corner. It was so obvious it was going to happen, but people kept on arguing against it. Maybe I am wrong and they really believe in Dodson…I just don’t buy it. 

I'd be shocked at this point if the first pick isn't LB. They ought to at least try to trade back into the early second.

I don't claim to be a draft expert, but I will say this. We have not made a strong enough commitment to our OL. A franchise OT would do more than another WR to help this team win. I hear different reviews about Jawand Jones, but I love watching him put defenders on the ground. Trade up if necessary for a premium OT and if S Brown takes a big jump, so be it. Move Dawkins inside or whatever. Too many good OT's is a problem I'd love to have. I'm sure Josh would too.

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed, but I don't see MLB as a big investment position. We could still do OK drafting a LB in the 2nd or maybe signing an average MLB in FA if there is one still available. I haven't looked lately though, so maybe we do need to draft one.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Agreed, but I don't see MLB as a big investment position. We could still do OK drafting a LB in the 2nd or maybe signing an average MLB in FA if there is one still available. I haven't looked lately though, so maybe we do need to draft one.

I think with our defensive scheme, MLB may need a little more investment than some other teams. We just saw Edmunds sign for 18m? Considering a top end #2 WR will probably cost 10-15m+ or a top RT about the same, cost wise, I think these 3 positions are pretty close. I also think if you look to draft one of these, it's along the same line. End of 1st, top half of 2nd for one of the better options.🤔. Of course it's only my opinion. 

16 hours ago, DC Grid said:

Jack Campbell?   So in a league built upon speed, in a D that stresses speed, at a spot where often only 2 guys are playing, the idea is to go with a throwback slow LB?  This guy maybe makes sense in a 3-4 system, where fast OLBs can mask his inability to cover ground, but with a team whose base is a modified nickel this just doesn’t make sense.  

I rather have Trenton Simpson and his 4:43 speed that can cover and blitz 

7 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

It's bananas to me how high people are on Campbell. 

He played in black and yellow for Iowa, so he’s giving people Steeler LB vibes. If he used a neck pad and had a mullet, Bills Mafia would advocate for a trade up. The portion of Bills fans that reside here on TBD are stuck in the 90’s.

• Haha (+1) 2

3/26 Adding Dalton Kincaid TE, 

3/26 Adding Michael Mayer TE
3/26 Adding Will McDonald IV Edge

YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR VOTE IF THE NEW ADDITIONS CHANGE YOUR MIND

I changed my vote from Hyatt to Dalton Kincaid, a newly added choice.  I think Kincaid will be gone, but is likely the top player who could possibly be available at 27. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I think with our defensive scheme, MLB may need a little more investment than some other teams. We just saw Edmunds sign for 18m? Considering a top end #2 WR will probably cost 10-15m+ or a top RT about the same, cost wise, I think these 3 positions are pretty close. I also think if you look to draft one of these, it's along the same line. End of 1st, top half of 2nd for one of the better options.🤔. Of course it's only my opinion. 

So, for our defensive coach, in our defensive scheme, we need the following:

Heavy investment on the DL 8-9 man rotation

A top tier investment at MLB

Investment at both Safety spots 

Investment at Nickel CB

Were told all those positions are super important in McD’s scheme. 

Nevermind the investment we’ve made at the other LB spot and both outside corners. 

Insanity.  LB at 27 becomes more and more revolting to me every day closer to the draft. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

So, for our defensive coach, in our defensive scheme, we need the following:

Heavy investment on the DL 8-9 man rotation

A top tier investment at MLB

Investment at both Safety spots 

Investment at Nickel CB

Were told all those positions are super important in McD’s scheme. 

Nevermind the investment we’ve made at the other LB spot and both outside corners. 

Insanity.  LB at 27 becomes more and more revolting to me every day closer to the draft. 

I'm not at all happy about it. It is what I expect. I would like Kincaid if he drops to 27.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.