Your choice as of today, for Pick #27, limited to players who are likely available to select?

Chaos

Among these players who would be your pick at #27  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Among these players who would be your pick at #27

• Anton Harrison OT
    • Darnell Wright OT
    • Dawand Jones OT
    • Jalin Hyatt WR
    • Josh Downs WR
    • Zay Flowers WR
    • O'Cyrus Torrence G
    • Drew Sanders LB
    • Trenton Simpson LB
    • Jack Campbell LB
    • Best Defensive Lineman or Cornerback available.
    • Dalton Kincaid TE
    • Michael Mayer TE
    • Will McDonald IV Edge
    • Bijan Johnson
    • Brian Branch, S/CB
    • Joey Porter CB

A separate poll on TBD has identified G, WR, OT, and LB as our positions of need. 
Addtional polling has indicated that there is at least some support for the following players who are likley to be available at 27.

Anton Harrison OT

Darnell Wright OT
Dawand Jones OT
Jalin Hyatt WR
Josh Downs WR
Zay Flowers WR
O'Cyrus Torrence G
Drew Sanders LB
Trenton Simpson LB
Jack Campbell LB

3/26 Adding Dalton Kincaid TE, 

3/26 Adding Michael Mayer TE
3/26 Adding Will McDonald IV Edge

3/26 Adding Brian Branch, S/CB

3/26 Adding Joey Porter CB

YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR VOTE IF THE NEW ADDITIONS CHANGE YOUR MIND

My heart wants to pick Jack Campbell, because I think he will be the most fun to watch and might have the biggest 2023 impact. . However, WR and OT are so much more financially valuable positions to have under rookie contracts my brain says to pick Jalin Hyatt. (And pray Matthew Bergeron OT is available at 59)

In real life the Bills may be faced with having to choose a Defensive lineman or Secondary player who is ranked much higher on their board. 

Like real life you can only pick 1. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Give me Darnell Wright.  

Stud RT for the next decade.  Allows Spencer Brown to develop as swing Tackle and perhaps eventually challenge Dawkins at LT if we want to move him inside down the line.  

Value-wise, I just don’t understand how people can advocate for a LB.  Sure, it may be a need .. I’d argue making sure we give Allen the best OL we can is a larger one.   Also.. look at the LB options that were out there for us if we decided to replace Edmunds that way.  Look at the Tackle market.  Far easier to fill in LB than OL. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Give me Darnell Wright.  

Stud RT for the next decade.  Allows Spencer Brown to develop as swing Tackle and perhaps eventually challenge Dawkins at LT if we want to move him inside down the line.  

Value-wise, I just don’t understand how people can advocate for a LB.  Sure, it may be a need .. I’d argue making sure we give Allen the best OL we can is a larger one.   Also.. look at the LB options that were out there for us if we decided to replace Edmunds that way.  Look at the Tackle market.  Far easier to fill in LB than OL. 

I concur on oline being the top priority.  No player is a ten year player.  They are five year players, who you may or may not be able to afford after five years.  If they are stars, and you have a top 5 QB, you will struggle to hold them.  If the Bills think that Wright is the best OT on the board, and they take him, I will not be unhappy. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like Campbell. Would prefer a small trade back, but wouldn't be upset if we took him at 27. I think he will be the best of the 3 LB's listed.

Don't think any of these wr give us anything more this season than what we already have on the roster right now.

OT spots are already filled. Later rounds will be fine for depth and development. 

1st is too early for a G only prospect. If he could play T/C, Maybe.

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A week ago I would’ve said Wright. 

today, I say Harrison.  Give me the best pass blocker in the draft 

I am ok with this. Unless a strange situation developed, like JSN or Christian Gonzalez dropping to 27, taking the best pass blocker seems to make sense. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I am ok with this. Unless a strange situation developed, like JSN or Christian Gonzalez dropping to 27, taking the best pass blocker seems to make sense. 

yeah, JSN, Addison and Johnston are my top choices (even if we land Hopkins), but I think all 3 will be off the board.  

I’d be happy with Darnell wright too.

I think if we talk about overall priorities  on this team, our number 1 overall is Josh Allen.  We should aim to have the best line in the NFL blocking for Allen before we do anything else.  In addition, not worth reaching in first round for a guard.  Answer has to be the best tackle in the draft for our RT spot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

yeah, JSN, Addison and Johnston are my top choices (even if we land Hopkins), but I think all 3 will be off the board.  

I’d be happy with Darnell wright too.

NFL.com ranks Hyatt as the top WR.  That seems like an outlier ranking, but makes him a person of interest too me.  

image.thumb.png.3bb0d82713843184b6bdac5448561a61.png

2 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

I think if we talk about overall priorities  on this team, our number 1 overall is Josh Allen.  We should aim to have the best line in the NFL blocking for Allen before we do anything else.  In addition, not worth reaching in first round for a guard.  Answer has to be the best tackle in the draft for our RT spot.

This is a rational analysis. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Give me Darnell Wright.  

Totally agree. It’s like we have been weened into thinking every time we lose a defensive player we have to replace him with a first round pick. Meanwhile, the offense had needs for an entire year and people are so quick to dismiss that now that edmunds moved on. Doesn’t make sense to me. If you want to add a LB in 2-4, then fine. But enough with all these first round defensive players. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I voted for Darnell Wright. He is very athletic and powerful. Chris Trapasso has him as his number one OT. Brown would be a VERY good swing tackle, but I am really concerned if we just roll him out unchallenged with what we’ve seen so far. Wright or Harrison would make that a strength imo. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

im not a college guy but we need a stud replacement for lb. as much as fans hate we may go D first if we want any chance to stay in nickle only and maybe improve against our inconsistent run D then we need Edmunds replaced with high quality. 

alot was made about how little edmunds did splash play and other but not alot of stats are going to show how many passes WERENT thrown because a lane was covered or sack made because the middle was not a option. if Campbell can do that and shed blocks/ blitz better then we may see a upgrade and actually keep the leads we consistently lost when the offense sputtered.

dorsey need to do much better..end of last year was pathetic and josh needs to take the easy play. i dont think the offense is as bad as people think. later rounds for upgrades to line to RUN! gabe stops applauding for the ball and catch it!! shakur second season.

they are in good shape!  imo already if those things happen.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Chaos said:

NFL.com ranks Hyatt as the top WR.  That seems like an outlier ranking, but makes him a person of interest too me.  

image.thumb.png.3bb0d82713843184b6bdac5448561a61.png

This is a rational analysis. 

I need to see Hyatt run more routes for me to be happy with him. I’d rather take Zay at this point. I love what Hyatt brings to the table (Speed and not a midget), but he needs to show his ability to run routes.  I thought Will Fuller was a much more complete WR than Hyatt….and Fuller was just a deep threat.  I see Hyatt as deep threat only at this point.  

Anton Harrison or Darnell Wright.   I'd probably lean towards the former.  Regardless,  improved pass protection for Josh Allen should be the highest priority.  They can't just assume that Spencer Brown is going to make a dramatic improvement.  

• Agree 1

Jack Campbell?   So in a league built upon speed, in a D that stresses speed, at a spot where often only 2 guys are playing, the idea is to go with a throwback slow LB?  This guy maybe makes sense in a 3-4 system, where fast OLBs can mask his inability to cover ground, but with a team whose base is a modified nickel this just doesn’t make sense.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.