Building an Entire Draft Board: Cornerback Rankings

Chaos

Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick # 27,59,91?   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick # 27

• Devon Witherspoon
    • Christian Gonzalez
    • Brian Branch
    • Joey Porter Jr.
    • Deonte Banks
    • Emmanuel Forbes
    • Cam Smith
    • Tyrique Stevenson
    • Garrett Williams
    • Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
    • Eli Ricks
    • Julius Brents
    • Kelee Ringo
    • Clark Phillips III
    • Cory Trice Jr.
    • Darius Rush
    • DJ Turner II
    • Rejzohn Wright
    • Terell Smith
    • Other (please comment)
  2. 2. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #59

• Devon Witherspoon
    • Christian Gonzalez
    • Brian Branch
    • Joey Porter Jr.
    • Deonte Banks
    • Emmanuel Forbes
    • Cam Smith
    • Tyrique Stevenson
    • Garrett Williams
    • Eli Ricks
    • Julius Brents
    • Kelee Ringo
    • Clark Phillips III
    • Cory Trice Jr.
    • Darius Rush
    • DJ Turner II
    • Rejzohn Wright
    • Terell Smith
    • Other (please comment)
  3. 3. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick # 91?

• Devon Witherspoon
    • Christian Gonzalez
    • Brian Branch
    • Joey Porter Jr.
    • Deonte Banks
    • Emmanuel Forbes
    • Cam Smith
    • Tyrique Stevenson
    • Garrett Williams
    • Eli Ricks
    • Julius Brents
    • Kelee Ringo
    • Clark Phillips III
    • Cory Trice Jr.
    • Darius Rush
    • DJ Turner II
    • Rejzohn Wright
    • Terell Smith
    • Other (please comment)

<sarcasm>This is where we need to focus.  Cornerback. </sarcasm>

Based on NFL.com grades, NFL.com estimates 34 Cornerbacksters  will be selected in the draft. 19 of these players have grades suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

Based on PFF grades, PFF estimates 27 Cornerbacksters  will be selected in the draft. 18 of these players have rankings suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds.  There is only a small degree of overlap. 34 Different CBs are in the top 20 on one these two sites.  For CB, I am limiting choices to the players who have first three round grades by one of the two sites.  This limits the choices to 19.  Choice 20 will be "other"

The are ranked by NFL.com grade, and the relative ranking within postion for PFF for CBs shown in the right hand column.  

Edited by Chaos
Edited for clarity : <sarcasm>This is where we need to focus.  Cornerback. </sarcasm>
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not sure any corner would make me "happy" at #27.... but it is probably the position with the best high end talent options. 

Witherspoon

Gonzalez

Porter

Smith 

Branch (though as a safety)

Are all well worth #27 to me. 

Forbes

Ringo

Banks

Phillips III

Turner II

Would all be bargains at our 2nd round pick. 

Few of the other guys I'd be happy in round 3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

This is where we need to focus.  Cornerback. 

Based on NFL.com grades, NFL.com estimates 34 Cornerbacksters  will be selected in the draft. 19 of these players have grades suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

Based on PFF grades, PFF estimates 27 Cornerbacksters  will be selected in the draft. 18 of these players have rankings suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds.  There is only a small degree of overlap. 34 Different CBs are in the top 20 on one these two sites.  For CB, I am limiting choices to the players who have first three round grades by one of the two sites.  This limits the choices to 19.  Choice 20 will be "other"

The are ranked by NFL.com grade, and the relative ranking within postion for PFF for CBs shown in the right hand column.  

Do we need a CB? I am confused... why is this such a big topic for this team in early rounds? 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

You do seem confused. 

Ok... after us "talking" I get it. you want to build a draft board... but their are tons of draft boards out there and many people on these forums do not know who half these names are, thus not giving a really good vote. I guess that was my point. And to the point of @GunnerBill ,  I am not sure any of us would be happy period with any CB in the first 3. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

Why? I think the Bills have more serious needs. In no particular order : MLB ,WR TE, Edge, T, even IOL.

says it in the title. he is trying to build an entire draft board based on our vote. the problem with that is, many do not know one name from the next. 

and yes... lol... I agree... CB is the least of our concerns. 

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

says it in the title. he is trying to build an entire draft board based on our vote. the problem with that is, many do not know one name from the next. 

and yes... lol... I agree... CB is the least of our concerns. 

Is your view, that if Christian Gonzalez or Brian Branch somehow falls to 27, we should automatically skip them?

image.png

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not sure any corner would make me "happy" at #27.... but it is probably the position with the best high end talent options. 

Witherspoon

Gonzalez

Porter

Smith 

Forbes

Ringo

Banks

Phillips III

Turner II

When it comes to BPA, we may be forced to go this direction at 27.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Witherspoon

Gonzalez

Porter

Smith 

Forbes

Ringo

Banks

Phillips III

Turner II

That's good news to me.  I want Beane to be able to trade down from #27 and my hope is some player sticking out.

With a supposed weak draft class, CB would be a great position for a team with need to trade up.

Las Vegas at #38 has need for a CB but other priorities (OL/QB) may be taking pick #7.  Their #100 3rd round comp pick and #174 5th comp

would be a joy to see go to Buffalo.  They got a total of 12 picks, so there in lies my hope!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I agree.  If this happens, it could give Beane a future opportunity to trade a CB to fill a real need or to clear some cap space.

Or move Tre to safety.... but yea... if there is a BPA at a premium position sticking out I am not gonna kill them for going that route even if it doesn't excite.

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Is your view, that if Christian Gonzalez or Brian Branch somehow falls to 27, we should automatically skip them?

image.png

Won't have that conversation because the chances are slim of them falling I would rather have a realistic conversation then discuss this...

IF they did? ID trade with someone that needed a CB and pick up extra picks

19 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I agree.  If this happens, it could give Beane a future opportunity to trade a CB to fill a real need or to clear some cap space.

this is not madden football. it is not as easy like that. Who are you going to trade? White? not with that contract. Elam? Not on that rookie contract. Again, I would trade the pick if lightning struck like that and get draft pick(s)

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Won't have that conversation because the chances are slim of them falling I would rather have a realistic conversation then discuss this..

You say you understand setting up a board, but its clear you do not. 

• Vomit 1

10 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Ok... after us "talking" I get it. you want to build a draft board... but their are tons of draft boards out there and many people on these forums do not know who half these names are, thus not giving a really good vote. I guess that was my point. And to the point of @GunnerBill I am not sure any of us would be happy period with any CB in the first 3. 

I’d be very happy with Devon Witherspoon @ 27-  

Gonzalez, Branch and Porter in rd 2.  

Banks in rd 3.

We won’t have to worry about that happening though.  

but we do have to worry about taking somebody other than those 5 in the first 3 rds

• Like (+1) 1

"Happy" is probably a strong word, Fine with or OK with would be more of my choice of words. I would also add, it depends on if they do anything with Whites contract.  I believe I saw there was an out in 24'? If they leave it alone, I'd be OK with Gonzalez or Porter if there at 27. Crossed Witherspoon off as I don't think there is any chance of him dropping that far. Doubt Gonzalez or Porter do either.

13 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Taron Johnson’s cap hit is almost 10M this year with very little savings if cut but in ‘24 his cap figure is over 10M and the team can save almost 8M cap dollars by cutting him. I’m not saying he should be released, but it is a real possibility.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.