Your Bills-related unpopular opinion

QB Bills

At some point, Bills fans should admit the :13 seconds game isn’t representative of Allen. Last year’s playoffs were a more accurate reflection of his erratic inconsistencies. OL is bad, but Allen compounds the problems and deserves blame of his own.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Airseven said:

At some point, Bills fans should admit the :13 seconds game isn’t representative of Allen. Last year’s playoffs were a more accurate reflection of his erratic inconsistencies. OL is bad, but Allen compounds the problems and deserves blame of his own.

Allen can definitely work on some things to be better next year. 

• Agree 1

On 3/25/2023 at 11:32 AM, GunnerBill said:

I think the two Bills opinions I have that are unpopular in terms of this forum as it has been recently would be: 

1. Ed Oliver is one of our top defensive players.

2. Josh Allen didn't play well enough in the post season this past January. 

1 is so far wrong as to be laughable. 2 is correct.

• Disagree 1

On 3/28/2023 at 10:53 AM, Patrick Fitzryan said:

He had arguably the greatest postseason performance ever in a game when it was 0 degrees outside.

I'm never not amazed by the amount of Bills fans who think a domed stadium should be built, forever eliminating their weather advantage, so that a then-30-year old QB can benefit from it for a few years.

Notwithstanding the Patriots success in an a cold weather market (I have never heard anyone say their dynasty was in any way due to a weather advantage).

There really is no evidence the Super Bowl winners disproportionately come from teams without domes and a weather advantage.  Chiefs (2), Rams, Bucs won the last four. 

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

Notwithstanding the Patriots success in an a cold weather market (I have never heard anyone say their dynasty was in any way due to a weather advantage).

There really is no evidence the Super Bowl winners disproportionately come from teams without domes and a weather advantage.  Chiefs (2), Rams, Bucs won the last four. 

A dome team didn't win the Super Bowl until 2000, and only three have ever won - all had homefield advantage. There's a LOT of evidence that they struggle in the playoffs.

58 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

A dome team didn't win the Super Bowl until 2000, and only three have ever won - all had homefield advantage. There's a LOT of evidence that they struggle in the playoffs.

The Bears, Browns and Bills play in the most extreme weather conditions in the NFL.  Lets some up their 21st century Super Bowl success. Green Bay is cold too, but does not have the lake driven wind conditions.  

14 hours ago, Airseven said:

Airseven - He’s just not Mahomes.

Nobody else in the league is.

The media sets the QB standard at Mahomes (because they are obsessed with ranking) and it’s something where I say okay he’s the clear-cut best, but it leaves 31 other QBs as never going to measure up to that. 

That means Herbert isn’t good enough, he’s 0-1 in the Playoffs, Hurts isn’t good enough, he’s 2-2, Burrow, threw two interceptions in the AFC Title game, he isn’t good enough, Allen is 4-4 in the Playoffs, he’s not good enough, Dak isn’t good enough, Lawrence isn’t good enough, the media is living off the 2019 MVP for Lamar, but he’s 1-3 in the Playoffs, not good enough. 

My stance is Allen is good enough to win “a” Super Bowl, and I agree to some extent with the media Mahomes ball washers - he is on another level, but because there is a gap, the Bills surrounding roster has to be better than the Chiefs, if not much better. 

Unfortunately, Beane added Diggs in 2020 and an old Von Miller in 2022 and it’s not enough, at least until Kelce ages out because as good as the KC FO is, it’s hard to draft HOFers.

The next wave is always coming. 

As Bills fans we have to hope that the Bengals owners don’t have much money and when you hear their representatives talk, they are gagging on that Burrow contract talking about everyone being happy. 

9 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Correct. This team peaked two years ago and now the long slow decline to mediocrity begins 

Who is on the way up?

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The media sets the QB standard at Mahomes (because they are obsessed with ranking) and it’s something where I say okay he’s the clear-cut best, but it leaves 31 other QBs as never going to measure up to that. 

That means Herbert isn’t good enough, he’s 0-1 in the Playoffs, Hurts isn’t good enough, he’s 2-2, Burrow, threw two interceptions in the AFC Title game, he isn’t good enough, Allen is 4-4 in the Playoffs, he’s not good enough, Dak isn’t good enough, Lawrence isn’t good enough, the media is living off the 2019 MVP for Lamar, but he’s 1-3 in the Playoffs, not good enough. 

My stance is Allen is good enough to win “a” Super Bowl, and I agree to some extent with the media Mahomes ball washers - he is on another level, but because there is a gap, the Bills surrounding roster has to be better than the Chiefs, if not much better. 

Unfortunately, Beane added Diggs in 2020 and an old Von Miller in 2022 and it’s not enough, at least until Kelce ages out because as good as the KC FO is, it’s hard to draft HOFers.

As Bills fans we have to hope that the Bengals owners don’t have much money and when you hear their representatives talk, they are gagging on that Burrow contract talking about everyone being happy. 

Who is on the way up?

Jets. Jacksonville 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Who is on the way up?

This is where I’m at as well. Mahomes is just unreal. Yeah Reid puts him in the best position to succeed but he has to deliver on the field. True generational talent.

With that said Allen is definitely good enough to win a championship. Needs better decision making. Team can help with upgrading the line. Learn from past failures. Bright future for this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Jets. Jacksonville 

Well even so, they’re both going to run headlong into the same issue that the Bills have.

The AFC is a buzz saw of QB talent, and the Texans and Colts are set to get highly rated QBs as well.

So the Jets will have a short window with Rodgers, and the Jags have to build a real defense. 

KC isn’t going to win the Super Bowl every year, so the Bills have to be in position in those off years. 

The 1990 NY Giants were just as good as the 1990 Bills all things considered.   

The Bills didn’t play their best game that Super Bowl but they should have never been favored by 7.5 points.  Giants had Super Bowl experience as well from a few years prior.  The Bills didn’t 

28 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

The Bills are not a physical team.  They are soft on sides of the ball and have been for over 20 years

I think that's another "not" unpopular opinion..........but it's true that even the organizational water carriers who have had to poo-poo the notion that the team wasn't physical enough to protect their access to the team(like Shill Capaccio, for instance)......... are now having to admit as much because the coach himself is saying it in actions and words. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/1/2023 at 7:13 AM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

This is one I've been hammered for in the past. Amy given year at his best, he was maybe the fifth best QB in the league. Marino, Noon, Elway were all FAR better QBs.

Agreed, He was good but not at the tier of QB's like Montana and Elway.    I think that the drought along with 20 years of bad to average at best quarterback play inflated the view of Kelly and made many of us view him through rose colored glasses.       It is funny because I remember a significant portion of the fan base constantly complaining about how bad Kelly was and calling for him to be benched for Reich during his entire career.   

Edited by dgrochester55

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.