Your Bills-related unpopular opinion

QB Bills

On 3/25/2023 at 12:04 PM, QB Bills said:

James Cook is a below average RB and is a significant step down from Motor.

2022 draft was disgusting, Bills felt they only had a few holes in the roster and clearly reached on players that filled those needs. James Cook as small receiving RB in the second round is so bad, such poor value at pick 60. The guy is way too small and soft, now we are going to miss out on some good RBs in this draft, not that we have any hope of identifying RB talent anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

I wonder if Chiefs and Bengals fans have this same loser mentality with their franchise QBs.

I lived in the Cincinnati Area for a number of years & still have family & friends down there (some of whom are, unfortunately Bengals fans). I can attest that many Bengals fans are paranoid about not being able to go all the way to a Super Bowl win. Their paranoia seems to rival that of many Bills fans ... lol.   

On 3/25/2023 at 6:37 PM, BillsPride12 said:

image.thumb.png.39995f17656b1327344ccb154b8caaa1.png

This has pretty much been my internal struggle with my season tickets the last few years.  I think at this point I've come to the conclusion I'm just going to ride it out until the new stadium is constructed.

Not only is this an unpopular opinion but a terrible one as well 😄

Josh has the strongest arm out of any QB in the league and is also the most athletically gifted, whatever offseason training he does is just fine 

I'm not saying Allen has to look like this, but you watch Richardson's Pro Day and then Levis with this photo and I'm sorry Allen is not doing everything he can to be in the best shape for the season. 

Bottom line is I don't want him to be Ben Roethlisberger in the end (yes I know he has two Super Bowls) where he's out there with a keg belly and is 264 pounds, where he does one yoga session in the Summer to get ready for the season.

Allen runs more, which means the pass rush is coming for him more. 

image.thumb.png.f67efe651a7f315b7347eedc5b6f4840.png

• Haha (+1) 1

If corporate dreamed up "Bills mafia" for the fans, most of you would hate it.  "Bills Mafia...brought to you...by Tops!"

850 million in public cash for a football stadium, regardless of where it is, shouldn't happen. 

The ownership of the Bills is more fragile than it appears.  The Pegulas, IMO, are spread very thin as NFL owners.  They have a plethora of business interests to manage, and continue to acquire or create new lines of business.  Terry is 72, Kim's health is unknown, and their children aren't discussed as heirs apparent to PSE. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I'm not saying Allen has to look like this, but you watch Richardson's Pro Day and then Levis with this photo and I'm sorry Allen is not doing everything he can to be in the best shape for the season. 

Bottom line is I don't want him to be Ben Roethlisberger in the end (yes I know he has two Super Bowls) where he's out there with a keg belly and is 264 pounds, where he does one yoga session in the Summer to get ready for the season.

Allen runs more, which means the pass rush is coming for him more. 

image.thumb.png.f67efe651a7f315b7347eedc5b6f4840.png

Allen plays real sports... not tryin to be the best at exercising. 

On 3/26/2023 at 4:46 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

True, but hiding these expressions behind false links?

image.thumb.jpeg.9e5e41763fab225487cf138ab9268054.jpeg

Well some have own gender issues to deal with and maybe a couple of restraining orders.

On 3/26/2023 at 5:18 PM, Zerovoltz said:

The Bills should move to Toronto

***DUCKS and runs out the door as quickly as possible***

On 3/26/2023 at 6:19 PM, Rico said:

The Chiefs should move to St. Louis.

They should move back to Dallass where they came from and pay Jerry Jones to play in his sandbox.

22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Nothing will ever top the sheer obtuseness of the Bells 'Whammy Weenie'.

image.png.562721edf4ef2c99acb78f0a09c41ff4.png

No whammies.

My hot take is the Bills won't be able to release Hamlin even if he's clearly not up on the safety depth chart because it'd be a media debacle.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Allen plays real sports... not tryin to be the best at exercising. 

Okay, but the majority of NFL players lift weights correct? 

49 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That we will never win a Superbowl with McD as HC and will end up looking back on what could have been with #17. Hopefully we can still win one if we can McD someday. 

Are we trending towards being the 2008-2022 Packers? 

Elite QB, one great WR, taking defense in the 1st Round constantly. 

1 SB win, and a bunch of disappointing Playoff losses. 

16 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Oh mine was just a joke from Eastbound and down 🙂

I have a few thoughts on QBs and lifting weights.  Yes its important to exercise, however looking like a shredded bodybuilder does literally nothing to improve performance on the field.  It won't generate more arm strength, won't make you much faster, and exposes you to a possible litany of injuries.  Like how stupid would you feel if Allen tore his pec lifting or something dumb like that?

I'd rather he just run to keep the cardio up, lift weights occasionally (and probably keep it to a couple times a week, with comparatively low weights to his teammates), and do things like yoga and pilates to avoid anything relating to soft tissue injuries like hamstrings and groin pulls.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

33 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I mean I definitely want more but as a Bills fan if this is what this era ends up being I'll take the damn SB Win all day! 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think so, although I don’t think we’ll even get 1 with McD here. Have to hope he steps down at some point. 

3 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

It won't generate more arm strength, won't make you much faster, and exposes you to a possible litany of injuries.

How do you know that lifting weights would not generate arm strength or make him much faster? 

What is the proof of that statement?

Allen is carrying flab, other than crashing into defenders with more weight, what exactly is he gaining with that physique?

Keeping some pudding on makes him less vulnerable to injury? 

I see a comparable Justin Herbert doing the extract opposite. 6’6” and hitting the weight room and tightening up. 

I said I don’t expect Will Levis bodybuilder, but Allen has zero definition and is sporting a gut. 

Eli Manning and his beach dad bod has Allen beat, sorry don’t buy that it’s helping him in some way. 

You can see this Bills team is somewhat maxed out. Low cost OLineman in FA, spare parts WR added in FA, trying to keep the defense together for another run, picking in the low 20’s consistently. He’s making $45M now so there just isn’t room to add much more than filler players. 

One lever that Allen could pull to see if another level is possible is physique, because roughly his last three seasons have been the same output and we all know there is a gap to Mahomes and the Chiefs. So what other avenues does Allen have to close that gap?

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.