Your Bills-related unpopular opinion

QB Bills

Josh Allen should try running out of bounds and sliding more when he has the chance to, instead of playing "Tough Guy". 

Bad o-line play is not an excuse for Josh to try and run over defenders or leap over them when he has a chance to avoid a big hit. 

Josh is big and strong, but there is always someone bigger and stronger ready to light his ass up.

Josh fans here blame the o-line for Josh taking on defenders head on, instead of just getting out of bounds or sliding. 

Two things can be true. The o-line needs improvement and so does Josh's awareness. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Bills are everyone's fricking Miss Congeniality.  This team has a soft underbelly on each line; they play soft coverage in the secondary; they fail to exploit obvious defensive weaknesses of opponents.  Just soft, soft, soft. 

Their talent wins them games against inferior opponents but they get their ass handed to them by the better teams who are aggressive and actually game plan to and have the talent to exploit the Bills weaknesses.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

The Von Miller signing was not needed and has already set the organization back.  You dont beat teams like the Chiefs and Bengals with defense, you beat them by outscoring them.   The money should have been used on a #2 wideout.

Dawson Knox is an average tight end who benefits greatly from Josh scrambling in the redzone.  The Bills paid him 2x his worth by extending him and should have let him test free agency. 

Tremaine Edmunds was slightly above average and at time maddening to watch while he was here.   He deserved one pro bowl during his time here and that was last season.    I am glad the Bills didnt pay him.

Mitch Morse is vastly underrated by fans. 

Dion Dawkins is a good LT when he is in shape.  

I never found McKenzie funny or entertaining.    Got the feeling he was a few cards short of a full deck. 

Diggs act has wore on me and I would fully support him not being on the team when his contract allows for it.

I have no issue with Rex Ryan.

Edited by thenorthremembers

The roster last year depended too heavily on players over 30 -- the Bills need to get younger - they do not need to add additional overpriced 30 - something players to the roster. I can't understand the clamor by some to add additional expensive & over-priced veterans to the roster (Hopkins, OBJ, etc.). We need to draft well & sign younger, up & coming free agents to improve - not older guys with "name recognition". Look at some of these names (all over 30) that were on last season's roster - many of these players were heavily relied upon (although some were just bit players): 

- M. Barkley

- C. Beasley

- Hyde

- D. Jones

- G. Mancz

- S. Martin

- T. Matakevich

- V. Miller

-M. Morse

- J. Poyer

- Quessenberry

- T. Jones

- AJ Klein

- D. Marlowe

- J. Phillips

- R. Saffold

- G. Van Roten

I am not sure of how this list stacks up the rosters of our competitors - and I know that we have already moved on from a number of the players on this list - but in my opinion our roster needs to get younger for use to maintain our status as one of the top teams in the league.  

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

I wonder if Chiefs and Bengals fans have this same loser mentality with their franchise QBs.

Chiefs fans are happy with two rings. Bengals fans might be a little more worried. Eagles fans might be concerned too after the exodus of talent they just had. 

On 3/25/2023 at 12:07 PM, TampaBillsJunkie said:

1. We should have protected Hodgins.

2. Dorsey is the problem on offense. He's didn't put his players in a position to succeed and Hines was woefully under utilized.

3. Ed Oliver is undersized and should not be in the middle of the D-line. 

4. We needed more out of our MLB than Edmonds, especially at the cost. Sign Bobby Wagner. 

1. eh it happens.

2. Dorsey drew up play that had receivers running routes where they ended up in the same spot or next to each other. Both being covered. They were terrible. We hardly ever saw a WR wide up inside the 20, like we did with Diaboll. 

3. OK player, not the all pro we needed. 

4. Wagner resigned with LA. 

25 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

The roster last year depended too heavily on players over 30 -- the Bills need to get younger - they do not need to add additional overpriced 30 - something players to the roster. I can't understand the clamor by some to add additional expensive & over-priced veterans to the roster (Hopkins, OBJ, etc.). We need to draft well & sign younger, up & coming free agents to improve - not older guys with "name recognition". Look at some of these names (all over 30) that were on last season's roster - many of these players were heavily relied upon (although some were just bit players): 

- M. Barkley

- C. Beasley

- Hyde

- D. Jones

- G. Mancz

- S. Martin

- T. Matakevich

- V. Miller

-M. Morse

- J. Poyer

- Quessenberry

- T. Jones

- AJ Klein

- D. Marlowe

- J. Phillips

- R. Saffold

- G. Van Roten

I am not sure of how this list stacks up the rosters of our competitors - and I know that we have already moved on from a number of the players on this list - but in my opinion our roster needs to get younger for use to maintain our status as one of the top teams in the league.  

It would help if they hit more often on premium draft picks. It would be great to bring in a young wr2 with room to develop into a wr1. No one is against that. Problem is this is a weak draft for wr and there probably won't be that player at 27. Folks think we need an upgrade now to match the best competition in a run for a SB. That's why players like Hopkins and OBJ are in the discussion. Everyone would prefer a younger, cost-controlled option, but that has to be attainable to actually be an option.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.