Your Bills-related unpopular opinion

QB Bills

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I just want to say... I LOVE this topic.. It's like we are getting it all out of our system in a positive way. GG mate.

I’m afraid you underestimate the capacity of our system.  😋

And it’s not all positive. These things tend to circle the drain pretty quickly. 

• Agree 3

44 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Told my ticket rep twice that I was cancelling my seasons after 19 years...
Then told my wife
Then told my friends

All told me I was crazy and it's the only thing I like in life (ticket rep just said "what!?" but the crazy was implied)
My opinion on cancelling was so unpopular that I broke at the last minute and renewed for #20.

image.thumb.png.39995f17656b1327344ccb154b8caaa1.png

This has pretty much been my internal struggle with my season tickets the last few years.  I think at this point I've come to the conclusion I'm just going to ride it out until the new stadium is constructed.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Allen needs to get into the weight room, get in better shape and take Gabe in there with him. 

Not only is this an unpopular opinion but a terrible one as well 😄

Josh has the strongest arm out of any QB in the league and is also the most athletically gifted, whatever offseason training he does is just fine 

• Like (+1) 2

Josh Allen is overrated. 
His accuracy to stationary targets is decent, but he too often can’t time a vertical pass to a running target without overthrowing him or the receiver having to slow up to come back for the ball. 
He doesn’t have great field vision, frequently missing open receivers. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We didn't do anything of note with all these picks... unpopular as in we still continually sucked.

3-24-1978 On This Day in Pro Football History:  After 48 hours of wild speculation and rumors, O.J. Simpson was traded to the San Francisco 49ers.  A weary eyed Joe Thomas, general manager of the 49ers, made the announcement.  

“This is the most explosive trade I’ve ever been involved in.  O.J. is more than a football player.  To me, he’s the hottest item in sports today even hotter than Muhammad Ali,” Thomas said.  Thomas had been involved with other big trades in his career including the Paul Warfield trade to Miami a few years ago.

Trading Simpson had been rumored off and on for about a couple of years.  Simpson exclaimed, “Home at last.  I’ve always wanted to play close to home but it never seemed to work out until now.  I can close my career in my home and hopefully at the same time achieve what I’ve never been a part of - a championship.”

In return from parting with Simpson, the Buffalo Bills received the 49ers 2nd & 3rd round selections in the 1978 NFL draft, 1st & 4th round picks in 1979 and the 2nd round selection in 1980.  The Bills new head coach Chuck Knox was instrumental in the trade.  “It came down to doing what we felt best for the long-range development of the Bills into a challenging team,” Knox said.

Despite having surgery on his left knee to remove torn cartilage, Simpson passed his physical which allowed the trade to be announced.   Simpson was the highest paid running back in the NFL having signed a 3 year contract back in 1976 which paid Simpson $733,000 a year.  The contract had been a stumbling block for trading Simpson in the past.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson was emotional over trading his star player.  “O.J. has been first of all a friend.  We laughed together in good times and cried when things went poorly.  He made a contribution to football and the city of Buffalo that may never be matched,”  Wilson said.

all my opinions are popular around here :)

ok, unpopular one: McD is a MUCH better DC than HC.  He should be our DC and we should get someone to be the HC.  The D will be better this year if he calls plays, but we have no one to keep a real eye on the offense, and the offense is totally unbalanced (see Bean's comments about the surprise in how little Hines was used).  

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Here's mine: The Bills are a good team.

Oh stop already, 

😂

8 hours ago, QB Bills said:

A few of mine:

James Cook is a below average RB and is a significant step down from Motor.

The biggest position of need on the team is the d-line and they should use their first round pick on a lineman (again).

Ken Dorsey is a better playcaller than Brian Daboll. But Daboll knew how to coach Allen better.

The Bills will never have a head coaching advantage in a playoff game under this regime.

Leslie Frazier will be back next year.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

Josh Allen is overrated. 
His accuracy to stationary targets is decent, but he too often can’t time a vertical pass to a running target without overthrowing him or the receiver having to slow up to come back for the ball. 
He doesn’t have great field vision, frequently missing open receivers. 

Proving unpoplular opinions can also be asinine. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The problem isn’t the offense. I want more weapons too but the issue has been the defense since the Texans playoff loss. The scheme was remedial and Fraizer was horrendous. Every playoff exit was because we couldn’t stop the good QBs. Had it not been for the offense we lose against Indy and Miami. We had a lot of talent on Defense that was wasted. Now the best players on D are old and it could have cost us our best shot. Hopefully it didn’t but….Everyone focuses on the Offense because that’s the time we live in. The problem is the defense.

The prb is also identity and philosophies. 

6 minutes ago, TAinLA said:

Leslie Frazier will be back next year.

If there is a god this will not happen, 🍸🚬🍸🚬🍸🚬🍸🚬…, 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

We had better appreciate Josh because when he is gone we go back to being mediocre 

I would build on this by saying that Allen is actually better then we think.  He hss raised the level of play of what is for the most part a below average group of offensive players.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills biggest issues are completely related to line play. We lost to the Chiefs two seasons ago because we couldn't get after the QB with our dline.

The Jets and Dolphins both considerably closed the gap strictly because their DL realized they could T up on our oline and get after Allen in ridiculous time. 

The Bengals had three back ups manhandle our DL and their DL like the Jets and Dolphins beat the snot out of our oline. 

Beane sucks at drafting lineman. and has wasted way too many high picks on RB. Outside Dawkins who appears to never be in decent shape he has flopped on all other picks. Epenesa, Ford, Brown and Basham have and were massive let downs and Groot hasn't taken that next step. 

Now add the fact he has drafted three RB within the first 3 rounds in the past 4 drafts and it really isn't a shock we are in a cap crunch scrambling to find bargain FA who might have some upside. 

Elam - regime doesn't trust him

Cook - I didn't like the pick, but hope I'm wrong.

Bernard - We wasted a 3rd on a special teams backer.

Rousseau - hopefully will be a solid starter

Basham, Brown, Epenesa, Moss - My word...

Oliver - most Bills fans want to trade him

Ford - worst pick of them all besides Moss

Singletary - likely could've of grabbed him in round 5. Solid but not spectacular career thus far

Edited by HaldimandBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, PBF81 said:

The point wasn't about Beasley, you made it about Beasley.  My statement about Beasley was a relative one.  If you want to argue that McKenzie and Crowder were better, which is implicitly what you're doing, great, I'll quietly note that.  It's a valid opinion although I do believe that the data is still on my side, whether Beasley is washed up or not.  

Thanks on the second sentence part.  My primary point, so we agree there.  

As to your third part, thanks for sharing that.  Unlike many other posters here I didn't watch every game that Harty played in.  LOL  In fact, I don't recall one, so I'm limited to data and youtube videos, which are typically highlights sans lowlights.  

We'll see what happens, but for five years now, also part of my original point implicitly, we've been treated to all kinds of statements by the team as to how the WRs that Beane has acquired were going to be the answer.  None have other than Diggs, and Diggs has largely come up empty come playoff time, particularly against KC and Cinci despite playing 90% of the offensive snaps.  (13 for 119, 0 TDs, 9.2 YPR)   Avg. of 4 catches for 40 yards/game.  

If Harty is that WR, then Beane will have hit on a first.  

Your statement was about other slots being acquired while their best slot was released. Beas is the best slot this team has had in the Allen era. But I was saying in like week 11 or 12 of 2021 - watch the film. The guy can barely move. 

I'd love them to have replaced Beas and they haven't. But that isn't an argument as you suggested it was that they should have kept Beas. He was washed. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.