Calais Campbell *update beane said no visit scheduled

Reed83HOF

10 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

This. Groot could learn a lot from him about how to maximize leverage and set up pass rushing moves with reach. Epenesa at 6’5” could probably learn some things too. If Campbell is willing to be a mentor this could be a boon going forward for the younger pass rushers. 

Campbell has been Rousseau's mentor for a while. Since at least college. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

He might be washed but such a good leader in the lockerroom. Not sure how much I’d pay for that but for a decent price, I’d welcome him. He wins everywhere he goes and wants that ring. great guy. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Should have just kept Hughes

Completely different players. CC is not a pass rusher but more all round DE. I also was so sick of hearing how dominant of a pass rusher he was and then ending yup with 5 sacks at the end of the season. 

53 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He might be washed but such a good leader in the lockerroom. Not sure how much I’d pay for that but for a decent price, I’d welcome him. He wins everywhere he goes and wants that ring. great guy. 

Completely different players. CC is not a pass rusher but more all round DE. I also was so sick of hearing how dominant of a pass rusher he was and then ending yup with 5 sacks at the end of the season. 

Agree with the top part.

the bottom part is crap-  I’m probably Jerry’s biggest fanboy on the site and I’ve never said he was dominant.   He’s a good pass rusher-  much better than anyone we have not named Miller and Rousseau.  Not dominant. Good.  

who has said he’s dominant?  Or are you exaggerating?

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He didn’t overpay for Von Miller
Players get hurt it happens

I admit that signing Miller was a proactive attempt to fix our D-line and create a successful formula similar to the Rams championship winning defense. Everything looked good at the start of the season but the injury that effectively killed our season is a microcosm of the faulty reasoning that inspired the signing. A 33 year old D-lineman for 120 million over 6 years is risky to say the least. Injuries have to be factored in with older players and the damage to the cap flexibility makes keeping a roster competitive difficult. Other than franchise QBs, the contracts for 33 yr old edge rushers are never that much.

• Agree 1

Campbell, 36, was released by the Baltimore Ravens this offseason after making 14 starts with the team in 2022. Last season, the defensive lineman recorded 36 total tackles (4 TFL), 5.5 sacks, 14 QB hits, two passes defensed and two forced fumbles. If signed by the Bills, the 3-time All-Pro would not count against the Bills in terms of 2024 compensatory picks.

Those numbers ai't bad for an old guy. For a low cost, I liked him as depth and a mentor to Groot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.