Calais Campbell *update beane said no visit scheduled

Reed83HOF

52 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah, 37 doesn't bother me. Reggie White played at a high level at 39. Sign him to a 1 yr/ 1M deal. Let him rotate in. Besides it's doubtful Von jumps in week1.  Hopefully next year there will be better DT's available in the draft.  Ed us likely gone.

There's no way he'll be that cheap. Probably at least 4 or 5 million.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

LOL that I did. There are a few positions that really standout more than others. Perhaps I should have simply said that when Diggs was taken away, our offense struggled mightily and our DL fell apart without Von. Our LB would fall apart without both of the 2 LBs . I still discount the overall defense a bit and would say our DL would have been fine as it was after Von getting hurt if we had that WR1B as we could still score and not stall out. Why do I say this - see the superbowl.  It's my own foolish want for a more impactful DT guy

To varying degrees, we all want more than we're gonna get.

And some people deal with that fact better than others.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

If they're "Men without Hats" why was the dwarf wearing a hat? Or are dwarves not considered men?

Back on topic, as mentioned upthread the Ravens play a base 3-4 where Campbell played 3 technique and 5 technique.

In the Bills 4-3 scheme he could play both end and tackle and there's some thought that he could replace Jordan Phillips whereas some see him as a replacement for Shaq Lawson.

I loved the passion that Lawson played with last year but when healthy Jordan Phillips is one of the best pass rushing DTs in football. When Phillips is healthy he does a reasonable imitation of Chris Jones. If I were to lose one of Lawson or Phillips for Campbell (assuming all players are healthy in 2023) I would rather lose Lawson.

JMO.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.