Calais Campbell *update beane said no visit scheduled

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I kinda see the Saints thinking though... they have a talented roster in a weak division so they are in "why tear it down when we can win the division and make the playoffs a few times here" mode. I know some people think every team should either believe "we are in a Superbowl window" or be trying to lose but that just isn't reality. I see their plan and tbh in that division I understand it. 

The Panthers have at least hired a coach who has had some success in the NFL and then got themselves to #1 to have their pick of the litter at QB. Tampa I presume know that they will not be good this year and then are hard re-setting this time next year (I think they might completely clean house next January). 

The Falcons there seems to be no plan. Like this is about to be year 3 of this regime and where are they? What do they have? Kyle Pitts if he can get back healthy..... a half decent oline and err... a couple of good not great corners. 

Unfortunately this same scenario is playing out in Tampa.  What normally would have been a rebuild is under second thoughts because of this pathetic division. 

The early chatter of the Bills making a DHop lite kind of move for M Evans, is all but gone.

15 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Unfortunately this same scenario is playing out in Tampa.  What normally would have been a rebuild is under second thoughts because of this pathetic division. 

The early chatter of the Bills making a DHop lite kind of move for M Evans, is all but gone.

I will give Tampa to re-set this year would have been hard cap wise. I think they are more in "ride it out for a year" mode. But then you are right that bringing David back on a 1 year deal doesn't necessarily play into that theory. 

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Somebody needs to do a welfare check on Ty Dunne.

I dunno - I think they could easily win that division. Their roster is now pretty good outside the QB, but all of those teams in that division are flawed. Sure, they went 7-10, but the division winner, which had Tom freaking Brady, went 8-9. They have as good a chance as any to win that division next season.  

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Somebody needs to do a welfare check on Ty Dunne.

I dunno. 

Tampa Bay won the division at 8-9.  The Falcons were 7-10 and lost ~4 games by 3 points or less and one by 4 points, including a game against NO they lost by 1 point.

There's the axiom, get to the playoffs and anything can happen.

But you know, Ty Dunne has to collect clicks somehow.

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Their roster is now pretty good outside the QB

I don't really agree with that, but even if it's true "other than the QB" is the worst qualifier in sports.

Where do you see strengths on their roster? I like AJ Terrell a lot. Kyle Pitts is good when healthy. Chris Lindstrom is arguably the best guard in football. Then what? A lot of mediocrity at most position groups and headlined by maybe Taylor Heinicke. It's one of the worst rosters in football IMO.

Competiting to maybe squeak out the division title in a weak division is not what I consider to be a team you take seriously. To me they're a team that should probably draft Anthony Richardson and accept 2023 as a rebuilding year. Not a team that should give 37 year olds one year deals with substantial guaranteed money.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.