Calais Campbell *update beane said no visit scheduled

Reed83HOF

10 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Compensatory picks ?

No. Cap space and the Bills don’t want to overpay for a player who turns 37 this September. Campbell was an outstanding player and still has enough in the tank to be a good rotational player this season, but there’s a reason the Ravens didn’t try harder to hold onto him. Let the man go get the last dollar from another team. There is no other reason for him to sign in Atlanta. Bring in players looking for a title. 

I think they're gonna let Ed play through this year and see if they get more consistency at his spot. Last yr. I wanted to trade Edmunds , but it didn't happen. As a matter of fact, I was just cleaning out some files and found my thoughts from last year.

4/27/22

Rd.1 Trade pick 25 - 32 (for pick 66) Detroit    Zion Johnson  Pro bowl LG for years to come and can play multiple spots.  Beane is going to build  a BA oline and he's not gonna wait any longer. God forbid if Saffold goes down, Beane is NOT going to let this oline go thru what it did last year.

TRADE: Tremaine Edmunds to NYG for picks 36 and 67. The Giants have 2 3rd rounders and are basically giving up a 2nd rd. pick for Edmunds, not to mention taking his 12.7 mil. cap hit. The Bills give them pick 203 rd. 6. Maybe they'll move him to the outside where he belongs...and could possibly pay dividends, away from Leslie Frazier...don't get me started...
PLEASE NOTE:  Edmunds is in no way worth 12.7 this year just to watch some team offer him a stupid amount next offseason and he's gone, so why not make a move now. 12.7 is an absolute waste of money this year. My personal last straw was the floundering, bewildered look in his eyes during th K.C playoff game. Conversely, K.C's rookie MLB Nick Bolton looked like a stud.

Pick 36; Christian Harris LB. He may not be a giant but as a 3 year signal caller for Nick Saban, he's got great instincts, is a baller and great in coverage.   He can play inside or out

Pick 57:  John Metchie WR  YAC monster. Maybe he doesn't catch the ball 70 yds down field, but can turn 20 into 70. Catch him if you can.

Pick 66 ( from Detroit): Troy Anderson LB  Too good to pass up here. The NFL is always evolving and where it's being called a passing league, I;m willing to bet we'll see more 2 tight end offenses as well as having to deal with bigger backs, ie.  Henry as well as remembering  getting run over by Indy and NE last year. Taron Johnson cannot tackle the bigger , more powerful backs. We are going to have to have a 4-3 capability.  Anderson has played multiple positions and should bring great anticipation.

Pick 67 ( form NYG) Tariq Woolen Cb Big and Fast and NFL comparison ...Marlo Humphries.

Pick 89  Cam Taylor Britt CB  Double dipping here because this guy's a hitter.  I don't know know how the pecking order will work out with Tre's return date and Dane Jackson, but we could be set for years with 4 stud corners...and if we ever wanted or needed to drop 7 like Cincy did, we can do it.

Pick 130  Darien Kinnard  A big nasty talented olineman who is also very versatile and drops to us here because of some bad press at the senior bowl where he may have rubbed the coaches the wrong way. Dude's a beast. Again, Beane is not going to spend 10 yrs. building an oline or be nonchalant about it because JA's mobile.

Pick 168 John Ridgeway DL  I think this guy falls through the cracks and deserves a shot here. He could turn out to be a punisher.

Pick 185  I'm guessing this would be a good spot to take either the punter from Penn State or Ga.

Pick 231.....IDK,,,,Stevie Johnson?
I'd just like to make one more point about our Oline.  I believe Beane is going to really address this issue. What if Saffold gets hurt?...What if Morse gets concussed?...What if Spencer Brown gets hurt again?  We are grabbing our ankles praying Josh doesn't get injured,

If Ike comes back mid season, so...what's that gonna help?. If Bates has to move to center, then what? ...Mantz?  I think Quessenbury can step in and be servicable, but it's time to build a Colt's type of line. I think Johnson can give us the next Ruben Brown and Kinnard can grow into a vicious RG...plus they are both versatile. As of right now, this current Oline can easily become our Achilles heel.

i'd like for a vet like Bates to be next to Brown and Saffold to teach Johnson. He doesnt have to be a starter day one. We have to build a kickass Oline! Thank goodness Aaron Kromer is here. Let's get nasty.

Edited by nosejob

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Campbell could very well be a deadline deal candidate next season.  Win-win for him.   He gets paid in a market that has otherwise dried up and then ends up in KC or Jax for a stretch run.

Of course, maybe his good friend Lamar ends up in Atlanta after all.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Probably an announcement coming that we’ve re-signed Jordan Phillips.  Usually how these things work.  

I found odd we had Phillips in "for a visit" yet whatever it takes to bring him back. 

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Campbell is visiting Bills and Jets.

Campbell is not scheduled for a visit with the Bills.

Campbell is visiting the Jets after the league meeting.

Campbell signs with the Falcons.  

Alright..

I think some of the visits are just his agent trying to drum up leverage. 

1 hour ago, nosejob said:

I think they're gonna let Ed play through this year and see if they get more consistency at his spot. Last yr. I wanted to trade Edmunds , but it didn't happen. As a matter of fact, I was just cleaning out some files and found my thoughts from last year.

4/27/22

Rd.1 Trade pick 25 - 32 (for pick 66) Detroit    Zion Johnson  Pro bowl LG for years to come and can play multiple spots.  Beane is going to build  a BA oline and he's not gonna wait any longer. God forbid if Saffold goes down, Beane is NOT going to let this oline go thru what it did last year.

TRADE: Tremaine Edmunds to NYG for picks 36 and 67. The Giants have 2 3rd rounders and are basically giving up a 2nd rd. pick for Edmunds, not to mention taking his 12.7 mil. cap hit. The Bills give them pick 203 rd. 6. Maybe they'll move him to the outside where he belongs...and could possibly pay dividends, away from Leslie Frazier...don't get me started...
PLEASE NOTE:  Edmunds is in no way worth 12.7 this year just to watch some team offer him a stupid amount next offseason and he's gone, so why not make a move now. 12.7 is an absolute waste of money this year. My personal last straw was the floundering, bewildered look in his eyes during th K.C playoff game. Conversely, K.C's rookie MLB Nick Bolton looked like a stud.

Pick 36; Christian Harris LB. He may not be a giant but as a 3 year signal caller for Nick Saban, he's got great instincts, is a baller and great in coverage.   He can play inside or out

Pick 57:  John Metchie WR  YAC monster. Maybe he doesn't catch the ball 70 yds down field, but can turn 20 into 70. Catch him if you can.

Pick 66 ( from Detroit): Troy Anderson LB  Too good to pass up here. The NFL is always evolving and where it's being called a passing league, I;m willing to bet we'll see more 2 tight end offenses as well as having to deal with bigger backs, ie.  Henry as well as remembering  getting run over by Indy and NE last year. Taron Johnson cannot tackle the bigger , more powerful backs. We are going to have to have a 4-3 capability.  Anderson has played multiple positions and should bring great anticipation.

Pick 67 ( form NYG) Tariq Woolen Cb Big and Fast and NFL comparison ...Marlo Humphries.

Pick 89  Cam Taylor Britt CB  Double dipping here because this guy's a hitter.  I don't know know how the pecking order will work out with Tre's return date and Dane Jackson, but we could be set for years with 4 stud corners...and if we ever wanted or needed to drop 7 like Cincy did, we can do it.

Pick 130  Darien Kinnard  A big nasty talented olineman who is also very versatile and drops to us here because of some bad press at the senior bowl where he may have rubbed the coaches the wrong way. Dude's a beast. Again, Beane is not going to spend 10 yrs. building an oline or be nonchalant about it because JA's mobile.

Pick 168 John Ridgeway DL  I think this guy falls through the cracks and deserves a shot here. He could turn out to be a punisher.

Pick 185  I'm guessing this would be a good spot to take either the punter from Penn State or Ga.

Pick 231.....IDK,,,,Stevie Johnson?
I'd just like to make one more point about our Oline.  I believe Beane is going to really address this issue. What if Saffold gets hurt?...What if Morse gets concussed?...What if Spencer Brown gets hurt again?  We are grabbing our ankles praying Josh doesn't get injured,

If Ike comes back mid season, so...what's that gonna help?. If Bates has to move to center, then what? ...Mantz?  I think Quessenbury can step in and be servicable, but it's time to build a Colt's type of line. I think Johnson can give us the next Ruben Brown and Kinnard can grow into a vicious RG...plus they are both versatile. As of right now, this current Oline can easily become our Achilles heel.

i'd like for a vet like Bates to be next to Brown and Saffold to teach Johnson. He doesnt have to be a starter day one. We have to build a kickass Oline! Thank goodness Aaron Kromer is here. Let's get nasty.

Yeah this would have been great

5 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Pure speculation on my side, but I wonder if the visit was scheduled because they felt they could be moving Ed, but the trade fell through so they canceled it?

I think that's exactly what happened.  The league isn't dumb. They can see Ed's inconsistent play. No one is willing to pu that 10M.  We'll let him walk after this season and wait for our 2025 3rd round pick.  Wouldn't be surprised to see us drafting a late DT.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

That entire division tbh 

Yea I kinda see the Saints thinking though... they have a talented roster in a weak division so they are in "why tear it down when we can win the division and make the playoffs a few times here" mode. I know some people think every team should either believe "we are in a Superbowl window" or be trying to lose but that just isn't reality. I see their plan and tbh in that division I understand it. 

The Panthers have at least hired a coach who has had some success in the NFL and then got themselves to #1 to have their pick of the litter at QB. Tampa I presume know that they will not be good this year and then are hard re-setting this time next year (I think they might completely clean house next January). 

The Falcons there seems to be no plan. Like this is about to be year 3 of this regime and where are they? What do they have? Kyle Pitts if he can get back healthy..... a half decent oline and err... a couple of good not great corners. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is no more rudderless franchise in the NFL right now than Atlanta. I have genuinely no idea what they are doing or what the plan is. 

That contract makes no sense they have no qb they are likely a 7 win team 

but good for CC get paid at that age 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.