Worst Mock Drafts

RyanC883

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

With mock draft season in full swing, what are the worst mock drafts you have seen for the Bills. 

I'll start: https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-go-1-2-3-after-colts-trade-up

Chad Reuter just posted his 4 round mock on NFL.com.  It has the Bills TRADING UP to 20 and losing its 3rd round pick for........Pitt DT Calijah Kancey.  Still available at #20: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, who goes next to the Chargers, Hyatt, who goes following that to KC, Trenton Simpson (MLB) to NJG, Dalton Kincaid to Dallas, and OT Darnell Wright to Cincy.  If we traded up for any of these guys I could live with that, but for a DT....NO! 

But the carnage is not yet over, in the 2nd round Reuter picks: Drew Sanders, LB Arkansas.  Look, I like this pick, but not if round 1 is DT.  Picked 2 picks later is Jack Campbell, and about 5 picks later centers Luke Wypler and then Steve Avila in the early 3rd.  Our 3rd round pick becomes Seattle's, and they take AL LB Henry To'oTo'o.  

In the 4th we take Tenn-Chattanooga- OG McClendon Curtis.  (who?!?!)   Taken several picks later are both Oklahoma RB Eric Gray (to Cincy) and Wake Forrest WR A.T. Perry, to NE.  

YIKES!!

Only guy I like there is Perry. I’d throw up if this happened. 

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

With mock draft season in full swing, what are the worst mock drafts you have seen for the Bills. 

I'll start: https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-go-1-2-3-after-colts-trade-up

Chad Reuter just posted his 4 round mock on NFL.com.  It has the Bills TRADING UP to 20 and losing its 3rd round pick for........Pitt DT Calijah Kancey.  Still available at #20: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, who goes next to the Chargers, Hyatt, who goes following that to KC, Trenton Simpson (MLB) to NJG, Dalton Kincaid to Dallas, and OT Darnell Wright to Cincy.  If we traded up for any of these guys I could live with that, but for a DT....NO! 

But the carnage is not yet over, in the 2nd round Reuter picks: Drew Sanders, LB Arkansas.  Look, I like this pick, but not if round 1 is DT.  Picked 2 picks later is Jack Campbell, and about 5 picks later centers Luke Wypler and then Steve Avila in the early 3rd.  Our 3rd round pick becomes Seattle's, and they take AL LB Henry To'oTo'o.  

In the 4th we take Tenn-Chattanooga- OG McClendon Curtis.  (who?!?!)   Taken several picks later are both Oklahoma RB Eric Gray (to Cincy) and Wake Forrest WR A.T. Perry, to NE.  

YIKES!!

Unbelievable!  Moments ago I just reviewed Reuter's mock draft and came here to comment - with the same sentiments you have - only to see you beat me to it.  "Carnage" as you put it, is right on the mark!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I agree. Just pointing out I wouldn’t draft Kancey ahead of the other 2 guys. 

I really would not strongly consider another very undersized DT.  Teams keep chasing the next John Randle and Aaron Donald, but there aren’t many of those.  If a 6’1” 280lb DT isn’t a great pass rusher in the NFL, he usually becomes a liability.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, DJB said:

I’m hoping we draft a special teams player round 1

Don’t forget, a process guy. 

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I really would not strongly consider another very undersized DT.  Teams keep chasing the next John Randle and Aaron Donald, but there aren’t many of those.  If a 6’1” 280lb DT isn’t a great pass rusher in the NFL, he usually becomes a liability.

John McCargo. 

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

YIKES!!

That definitely sounds like a draft that would have me vomit my Tacos

8 hours ago, mrags said:

Only guy I like there is Perry. I’d throw up if this happened. 

I feel that points of agreement between TBD folks should be celebrated.

• Like (+1) 1

I read that mock draft recently and wow, thought exactly the same. You have to wonder how much research some of these media types do. Jack Campbell is the plug and play guy for the Bills and he will be an All-Pro in 2 years. I liken him to a modern day Jack Lambert who played the position for the Steelers years ago.

On 3/24/2023 at 2:52 PM, gonzo1105 said:

Kancey very well could be the next DT off the board after Jalen Carter 

He's ranked no. 2 behind Carter and then there's a huge drop off in ranking after that.

Kancey, Campbell, Sanders and Simpson could very well be long gone before 59.  We obviously have the 26 teams in front of us.

Then there's the Texans and then the Lions and Pitt. who both have 2 picks in the 2nd ahead of us.

No matter what anybody thinks or who they would want, Beane sure has his work cut out for him.

Hell, there may not be a WR with a 1st rd. grade left as hardly any of them are to begin with. The top tackles and TEs could be gone as well.

The only good thing is 4 QBs going in the 1st. We could be screwed.

Edited by nosejob

1 hour ago, nosejob said:

He's ranked no. 2 behind Carter and then there's a huge drop off in ranking after that.

Kancey, Campbell, Sanders and Simpson could very well be long gone before 59.  We obviously have the 26 teams in front of us.

Then there's the Texans and then the Lions and Pitt. who both have 2 picks in the 2nd ahead of us.

No matter what anybody thinks or who they would want, Beane sure has his work cut out for him.

Hell, there may not be a WR with a 1st rd. grade left as hardly any of them are to begin with. The top tackles and TEs could be gone as well.

The only good thing is 4 QBs going in the 1st. We could be screwed.

We're not screwed we'lll get a good football player that they like it might not just be at a position that everyone perceives as a major need. We have some other needs besides LB, WR, etc. We could draft a Tackle or a DT, DE type player in round 1 and to me it wouldn't be a big deal because we do need help at those positions as well.

Former Miami GM Mike Tannenbaum thinks the Bills should take RB Jahmyr Gibbs at pick 27.  This would be a pick that I really would not understand.  He might be a little better than James Cook, but they are similar in being undersized and that neither should be used regularly between the tackles.

I just can’t even imagine this pick for the Bills, it would be redundant with Cook.  Now, if you trade Cook it might be plausible, but in a year with a strong RB class, Cook’s value would be depressing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.