What Games Do You Think Buffalo Plays At Night

corta765

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Jets now have Rodgers

I agree. You can also bank on the Jets getting the max 5 primetime games with Rodgers and all their other star power. The only thing is, Goodell will have to get involved before the draft to nudge the teams into finalizing the trade so the NFL can make the schedule with confidence.

13 minutes ago, chongli said:

Not at night, but Buffalo could be at the Jets for the inaugural Black Friday game on Prime at 3 

Buffalo probably hosts Jacksonvile or Denver for the London game in the morning.

It is my belief the Bills are going to request a more scaled down schedule in terms of non Sunday games. Last year was a roller coaster just schedule wise as they played seven non Sunday game not including all of the other chaos factored in. By comparison the Chiefs played just three times. They already have to go to London which is a trek and they played three of the last four Thanksgiving. I imagine they will want a more normal Thanksgiving this year. The Jets though for black friday was talked about in this weeks Peter King FMIA piece.

I have thought DEN could be our London game or do the Jags request if possible so they stay back to back weeks in London which is probably advantageous to some extent

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, chongli said:

I agree. You can also bank on the Jets getting the max 5 primetime games with Rodgers and all their other star power. The only thing is, Goodell will have to get involved before the draft to nudge the teams into finalizing the trade so the NFL can make the schedule with confidence.

I have thought the Jets will want him before training camp so everyone is up to speed so it may drift past the draft but not much until July.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

I have thought DEN could be our London game or do the Jags request if possible so they stay back to back weeks in London which is probably advantageous to some extent

Yeah, like the back-to-back Detroit games.

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

I have thought the Jets will want him before training camp so everyone is up to speed so it may drift past the draft but not much until July.

If the Jets don't get him officially before the draft, does the NFL chance scheduling them for the max prime time games with Zach Wilson or the like possibly throwing?!

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

I think the Bills vs Bengals game will be the Sunday afternoon national game. To avoid any superstition, it may not be a good idea for the Bills and Bengals to play on primetime given what happened that Monday night in Cincinnati.

I agree. While it is equally likely to happen to any team when it occurs and no alternate game is available it will make some unhappy even if they say the opposite. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, corta765 said:

Now that free agency is settling a bit and we have an idea of what some foes are shaping into I got to thinking what our likely opponents could be for night matchups (TNF,SNF, & MNF). The NFL has a 5 game max for primetime games + one additional flex game for every NFL teams. This season also the NFL is allowing for MNF games to be flexed into in the back half the season so there is some talk certain teams and matchups might be setup so the NFL can easily swap out a poor matchup for a better one (which as the Broncos proved was a real issue last year, Lets Roll Broncos Country #ThanksRuss lol).

The Bills have been a max primetime team for 2 of the last 3 years with 2021 being 4 primetime games plus a late season flex. This years schedule is loadeddddd with primetime opponents as the Bills host playoff teams in Dallas, New York Gman, and Miami plus the Jets now have Rodgers and Broncos have Sean Payton. Their away schedule is even wilder as they are at KC, Cincy, Philly, & LA Chargers plus the normal of division opponents Jets/Phins. The Patriots for some reason were the divisional opponent of choice the past two years for night games, but given how their appeal is falling while the Jets has skyrocketed and Miami is loading up I would expect both of those games to be at 1pm finally. The NFL has flexed the Bills the past five years for either the Saturday game in December (Pats 2019, Broncos 2020, & Phins 2022) or Sunday for SNF/4pm (Steelers 2020 & Jets 2021).

The league does try to rotate so prime matchups that are in conference like KC v BUF are shared between CBS for their national window and the night matchups on TNF, SNF, and MNF. The league will also listen to team requests for things like if they opened on the road last year can they be at home for this year or in the Bills case they have been on Thanksgiving a bunch can they take a break from that. So factoring this in I rank matchups at night as followed and please share yours:

1. at KC (MNF as last year was CBS so back to night)

2. DAL at BUF (SNF // Ratings to the max people)

3. Jets (SNF // I lean towards at NYC but either way with the other probably the DEC flex game for the night matchup)

4. at PHI (MNF)

5. MIA at BUF (TNF)

I think the CIN game will be the 4 pm national window spot along with the Chargers. 

My first guess would be any and all games with a kickoff time of 5:00PM Eastern or later. 

MNF - Week #1 @ A A Ron and the Jests

SNF - Buffalo @ Kansas City

SNF - JAX @ Buffalo

TNF - Buffalo @ Cincinnati - (Thanksgiving night)

Dallas will be the London opponent

They'll flip the Dolphins games this year ... Miami at Buffalo week 2 ... Buffalo at Miami week 17.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.