If the draft we're today...

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Were 

3 hours ago, Floridagatorsbuffalobills said:

😱

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Not that I’m above being the grammar police, but in the OP’s defense I find that to be a frequent and frustrating autocorrect.

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

beat me to it. we're a couple of observant folks that were caught looking close at the title.

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

For the odd word, yes. But your posts in their entirety read like they were auto corrected. 🤪

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Odd.  I find yours lack a lot of desirable corrections.  :) 

democratic party GIF

Grammar Police?

This is more like a Grammar SWAT Team.😂

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I’d be okay with Flowers in Round 1. I think he had No. 1 receiver potential, even at 5’10”.  

Too small for my liking. Of the 3 he’s probably the best. But if your going to go with that you are better off saving the high round pick and getting Dell in rd 4 probably. 

id much more prefer Hyatt to any of them and I’m not huge in him either. Think his college teammate Tillman will likely be better. 

I really like AT Perry, Palmer or Ford-Wheaton in rounds 2-4 instead. 

PFF (no trade) - Hoping does not fall this way

1 - WR Josh Downs (other options S Brian Branch, T Dawand Jones, TE Dalton Kincaid, DE Will Mcdonald)

2 - C Luke Wypler (other options WR Tank Dell, CB Garrett Williams, DE Andre Carter)

3 - TE Luke Schoonmaker (CB Garrett Williams or Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson , DE Karl Brooks or KJ Henry, S Jimmier Robinson or Jordan Battle, DL Moro Ojomo)

4 - S Ronnie Hickman (DE Yasir Abdallahor or Viliami Fehoko, RB Deuce Vaughn, G Andrew Vorhees)

5 - WR - Bryce Ford-Wheaton (DE Yasir Abdallahor or Viliami Fehoko, G Jarrett Patterson, CB Riley Moss)

6 - LB Dee Winters (Many)

PFF (trade 4th and Basham for Hopkins)

1- T Anton Harrison (DT Bryan Bresee, DE Will Mcdonald, WR Josh Downs, T Dawand Jones)

2 - C Joe Tippmann (other options WR Tank Dell, CB Garrett Williams, DE Andre Carter)

3 - TE Luke Schoonmaker (CB Garrett Williams or Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson , DE Andre Carter, Karl Brooks or KJ Henry, S Jimmie Robinson or Jordan Battle, DL Moro Ojomo)

5 - DE Yasir Abdallah (S Ronnie Hickman)

6 - LB Dee Winters (Many)

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Wrong. They do have one. They drafted bernard last year with a day 2 pick as insurance in losing edmunds. They need to develop him and make it work. Can’t keep dumping into the d and ignoring the offense with premium picks. 

correct take

3 hours ago, Yantha said:

Here's where I differ:

Backup OC:  Morse has some injury issues, is older, and we need insurance there.  I'd draft an interior O-lineman with versatility at GUARD and CENTER, as early as the second round.

Yes. Not just his backup, but also his successor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just have to say……. Boy did I catch a LOT of heat here on this board last offseason, when I suggested that OC was a high draft need.  

I am often wrong about a lot of things lol.  A lot….But I was bang on with that one.  

Well thought out post.  I can’t quibble with much that you said.  The 3 big problems they face are lacking cap space to bring in a significant FA LB, the draft isn’t terribly strong and they pick late in each round.

Finding a good boundary Receiver is going to be tough in this class.  If they want a real challenger for Davis, I think they have to hope that Jordan Addison lasts until their pick.  If they are looking OT in round 1, they have to hope that Wright is there or be willing to take a chance on Dawand Jones who could be good, but I think his floor is really low.  After those, I think you’d be looking at Cody Mauch, who can and might have to play G, Matt Bergeron who probably goes by mid 2nd or possibly Jaelyn Duncan who seems not to be in favor.

I just hope that they can get at least two eventual decent to good starters and a few backup/rotational contributors.

I'm sticking with WR, OL, MLB and DL in some sort of order for the 1st 4 rounds.

Beane can go with S, TE, or something with 5 and 6.

Future needs are going to have to be prioritized.  It just can't be the way it was due to the core players eating up a lot of cap.

Hopefully B Rob.  He's better than Barkley no matter what Kiper thinks.  Put Cook in the package to get Hopkins. 

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

Just have to say……. Boy did I catch a LOT of heat here on this board last offseason, when I suggested that OC was a high draft need.  

I am often wrong about a lot of things lol.  A lot….But I was bang on with that one.  

Offensive Coordinator?

• Haha (+1) 1

Edge, OT, Wr, Dr, Safety, Mike in rd 1.  Seems like baker would be reach.  Dont want a guy for the sake of drafting one.  Get 1 late day 2 day 3.  I look at baker similar to rb.  Buffalo being more multiple on defense is also something I like. 

7 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

My question is...if, for example,you sign Wagner,why would you invest a high pick on another MLB, that would be sitting on the  bench? 

Because even Bobby Wagner gets hurt once in a while. See: Von Miller2022 for reference.

8 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

What if the draft were held later today?

…..or tomorrow?

…..or the day after tomorrow?

…..or the day after that?

It is maddening!

Not maddening, its actually a great idea.  Then we can do this every day.  24, 48, 72 hours out (and so on) all the way to draft day in April '23.  In fact, take it to another level, and do this for NFL draft day 2024, with a "current list" 365 days out and so on.  I love it!

Edited by BillsNutHawaii
Grammer

IMO, the Bills missing in the early rounds of the prior drafts under Beane has come to a head and is creating major issues. The draft capital spent on AJE, Ed, Boogie and Groot plus the FA $$$ spend on Von has created a domino effect at other positions. That doesn’t even include the money spent on Star L previously. Missing on Ford in the 2nd at OG and Bernard in the 3rd at LB further hurts. 

They spent three early picks on RB with Devin, Moss and Cook and still don’t have a proven starter. Two are no longer on the roster.

Our OL still needs an upgrade with an impactful reliable starter. We don’t have ONE dominant player on the OL. That needs to change. Mitch and Dawkins are solid but after that its questionable.

With all that said, OL, LB and another playmaker at WR are still major needs in the draft. Bills have plenty already invested in the DL and can wait until NEXT offseason. Out of this draft I want at least two starters that are playing week one or providing significant contributions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.