A players perspective on the Bengals game

Magox

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Seriously! The Chiefs allowed no sacks in the SB against the NFL's best-pressure defense that led the league in sacks! 

Jumping into a conversation mid-thread is going to leave you confused. No one is saying the Chiefs line isn’t good right now. They brought in Veach to fix the line and fix the line he did. We are talking about when Andy Reid in charge of it. When the Chiefs gave up like 10 sacks or whatever to the Bucs, and before that when he has a bottom 15 line for half of his years.

Edited by Einstein

Just now, Einstein said:

Osemele was toast by the time he joined the Chiefs. You mention his one all-pro year that happened on a completely different team. Not just his previous team, but his previous previous team. Several years before he was on the Chiefs, who picked him up after he was CUT by the Jets after one season.

Again, you have no clue what you’re talking about lol.  My god.

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2019/10/26/kelechi-osemele-released-jets

Again with your cherry picking.  What about multiple All Pro Mitchell Schwartz and #1 overall draft pick Eric Fisher who started 8 seasons and a Pro Bowler?

How does focusing Oseleme, after only playing 5 games with the Chiefs because he tore BOTH knees, prove Reid can’t evaluate talent? 😂

Reaching, Reaching, Reaching.

Lorenzo Alexander never played another game after leaving the Bills.  I guess he sucked too lol.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Again, you have no clue what you’re talking about lol.  My god.

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2019/10/26/kelechi-osemele-released-jets

I remember the Osemele situation well. It was only a few years ago. He was washed up (Jets literally got him for a 6th rd pick if I remember right). He got his own surgery and he wasn’t good enough to care about cutting so they cut him. What’s your point?

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How does focusing Oseleme, after only playing 5 games with the Chiefs because he tore BOTH knees, prove Reid can’t evaluate talent? 😂

I’ve shown numerous reasons Reid is bad at evaluating. Half of the years he was in KC pre-Veach he had a bottom 15 defense, for example. Osemele and Schwartz were washed up in 2020 and that line was bad before they got hurt, and just got worse. His o-line evaluation skills are a big bone of contention on ChiefsPlanet. You not wanting to believe doesn’t matter to the truth.

Edited by Einstein

23 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Seriously! The Chiefs allowed no sacks in the SB against the NFL's best-pressure defense that led the league in sacks! 

KC ranked #4 behind the Eagles, Ravens, and Packers in the final offensive line rankings., The best player graded overall was KC Center, Creed Humphrey. 

Buffalo was ranked #23? Buffalo GM Beane needs to take a long hard look at his O-line scouts for some of the things they have done over the seasons. Build that Buffalo offensive line into a top 5 unit!

That Cincy game just got away from Buffalo quickly...against a decimated Buffalo defense, no Von equals not much pressure on the QB and a wrecked secondary. Then, the Buffalo offense depended on the QB to win the game who was under constant pressure...again! Along with very little run game...again! 

Several, and I mean several times people have told him he needs to change his name lol.

He has been arguing that Reid is bad at evaluating offensive line talent his entire career.  I send him an article where Reid, who was also GM with the Eagles from 2001-2012….no team drafted more offensive line players than the Eagles from 2000-2020 that made the Pro Bowl.  Reid was in charge 12 of those years.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I remember the Osemele situation well. It was only a few years ago. He was washed up (Jets literally got him for a 6th rd pick if I remember right). He got his own surgery and he wasn’t good enough to care about cutting so they cut him. What’s your point?

I’ve shown numerous reasons Reid is bad at evaluating. Half of the years he was in KC pre-Veach he had a bottom 15 defense, for example. Osemele and Schwartz were washed up in 2020 and that line was bad before they got hurt, and just got worse. His o-line evaluation skills are a big bone of contention on ChiefsPlanet. You not wanting to believe doesn’t matter to the truth. 

Schwartz was washed up?  Lol.  You’re making things up again!  He was a second team All Pro the year before!

PFF had him rated very high and we know how much you love PFF.  He injures his back after only 6 games, has back surgery and then retires.  That’s your evidence he wash washed 🤣

Oseleme only played 5 game and tore both knees! 

You are the most argued against poster because you just consistently make terrible arguments.  

24 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The Bengals are better than the Bills

Be careful.  If you criticize him, you’re considered a loser.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I read it just fine. The point just flew over your head. They were upset that they couldn’t get him signed after giving up so much for him in draft picks.

KC realized they got hosed.

He was the worst LT in the playoffs last season giving up 11 pressures in 3 games. The Chiefs won the SB despite him. He ranges from average to suck.

PS, the fact that Brown only got a 4 year, $68M contract in Cinci is another sign of how bad Andry Reid is at linemen. It’s his only downside. He is amazing at everything else. He offered the guy a 6 year, $139M deal. He was willing to pay a mediocre linemen tens of millions dollars more than he was worth.

Andy Reid is “bad at linemen”.

I can’t even comprehend how you’re saying that Andy Reid is bad at building an offensive line.  In 2021…the season we’re talking about, he started out with the 31st pick in the draft and traded for Brown, signed Joe Thuney (arguably the best LG in the league), drafted Creed Humphrey at the end of the second (the best C in the league), and drafted a top 5 RG Trey Smith in the 6th round. That offseason was literally a case study on how to build an OL.  

Tell me how good the KC line will be next year now that they replaced that worthless LT with one of the top Ts in the league.  I’ve been worried about losing him.  If you want to tell me he won’t be missed, I feel better about losing him. 

Edited by Billl
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

I can’t even comprehend how you’re saying that Andy Reid is bad at building an offensive line.  In 2021…the season we’re talking about, he started out with the 31st pick in the draft and traded for Jones, signed Joe Thuney (arguably the best LG in the league), drafted Creed Humphrey at the end of the second (the best C in the league), and drafted a top 5 RG Trey Smith in the 6th round. That offseason was literally a case study on how to build an OL.  

Tell me how good the KC line will be next year now that they replaced that worthless LT with one of the top Ts in the league.  I’ve been worried about losing him.  If you want to tell me he won’t be missed, I feel better about losing him. 

According to Einstein, Reid got lucky with Creed and wasn’t skill lol.

Also, PFF is a better evaluator than Reid.  He actually said this and was serious.

On 3/14/2023 at 4:19 PM, Einstein said:

I'm not sure where Andy Reid entered this conversation but Andy has a history of signing bad offensive linemen, so that doesn't surprise me.

His terrible o-line is what got Mahomes crushed in the SB a couple years ago and cost him a ring. He also traded a 1st, 3rd and 4th round pick for Orlando Brown who was a total disappointment and they just let him walk after only two seasons. Based on his history, I would guess that him drafting Creed was luck more than skill.

He probably should be using PFF more.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Several, and I mean several times people have told him he needs to change his name lol.

He has been arguing that Reid is bad at evaluating offensive line talent his entire career.  I send him an article where Reid, who was also GM with the Eagles from 2001-2012….no team drafted more offensive line players than the Eagles from 2000-2020 that made the Pro Bowl.  Reid was in charge 12 of those years.  

Andy Reid was smart enough to trade the Buffalo Bills for LT Jason Peters...you know...a cornerstone at LT for them for 11 seasons...pro bowler, all-pro!!

Buffalo was smart enough to convert an undrafted TE to LT and then stupidly trade him away. 18 NFL seasons!

Bills O line coach Jim McNally tutored Peters into replacing RT Mike Williams, and then he moved to LT. Into the NFL in 2004 and the guy was with the Dallas Cowboys in 2022. Good Lord! 

I'd say Andy Reid is smart enough to recognize top O-line talent...and also smart enough to see when they are no longer worth the money! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

3 hours ago, Billl said:

I can’t even comprehend how you’re saying that Andy Reid is bad at building an offensive line.  In 2021…the season we’re talking about, he started out with the 31st pick in the draft and traded for Brown, signed Joe Thuney (arguably the best LG in the league), drafted Creed Humphrey at the end of the second (the best C in the league), and drafted a top 5 RG Trey Smith in the 6th round. That offseason was literally a case study on how to build an OL.  

Wrong!  Andy Reid is literally awful at evaluating talent on the OL!  

😂 😂 just kidding.  I just wanted to know what it felt like to say something that absurd.  

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Jumping into a conversation mid-thread is going to leave you confused. No one is saying the Chiefs line isn’t good right now. They brought in Veach to fix the line and fix the line he did. We are talking about when Andy Reid in charge of it. When the Chiefs gave up like 10 sacks or whatever to the Bucs, and before that when he has a bottom 15 line for half of his years.

Veach as been the GM since 2017. That is long before they played the Buccs in the Superbowl

On 3/23/2023 at 9:43 AM, GunnerBill said:

That may be true, but the opposite is definitely true..... they could have had the best gameplans in NFL history on both sides of the ball and if they players had come out and played as they did it would not have mattered one iota. 

True, except that if our coaches chose to reformulate their game plans for the rematch it might have inspired the players to perform better.  Especially if they were the best game plans in NFL history.  It certainly worked for the Giants in  Superbowl XV after we beat them regular season.

Boyd and Mixon called out our defense before the first game and Cinci was proceeding to rip through us before the tragedy.

So our coaches decided to let it ride anyways.  Let's stay on the road we were on.  That's a problem in my book, and just changing it up may have allowed the players to refocus.

Excuses(explanations) are what you focus on to avoid accountability for failure.   When they are things beyond your control is when there's a real problem going unresolved.

Edited by GaryPinC
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Dopey said:

It's not gonna work.  He's not gonna stop because you say that.

50 of us could say that and he's not gonna stop

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

How many of those 3 ever played another down in the NFL? I know the answer. The line was bad before they went down.

LOL are you actually, seriously, using the fact that a player, or more than 1 player, failed to come back from serious injury to argue that they weren't good players before they were injured?  So if a player rips both knees out, or has back surgery, or only plays one season after coming back from an Achilles tear at age 30, it somehow is supposed to prove they were bad before they were injured?

C'Mon Man.   You're becoming a caricature. 

Visit ChiefsPlanet and see for yourself.

ChiefsPlanet LOL the fan site most Chiefs fans regard as a cesspool of bad opinions and fan rabidity

• Like (+1) 1

This nightmarish experience that Bills fans lived through against Cinn, calls into question how mentally tough our team is and what the value is of our coaching staff’s ability to prepare and motivate players. To be fair, the environment surrounding Hamlin’s injury was as challenging as any imaginable. Digg’s reaction to the look of resignation by players  and the coaches ineffectual sideline demeanor, speaks volumes. The need for leadership within our core players is obvious. It’s Sean’s job to identify vocal leaders who can prevent letdowns. If they don’t exist, Beane should bring them in. It’s obvious Miller and Diggs are the emotional leaders. There must be others that step up if we expect to get  over the hump.

Just now, Eastport bills said:

This nightmarish experience that Bills fans lived through against Cinn, calls into question how mentally tough our team is and what the value is of our coaching staff’s ability to prepare and motivate players. To be fair, the environment surrounding Hamlin’s injury was as challenging as any imaginable. Digg’s reaction to the look of resignation by players  and the coaches ineffectual sideline demeanor, speaks volumes. The need for leadership within our core players is obvious. It’s Sean’s job to identify vocal leaders who can prevent letdowns. If they don’t exist, Beane should bring them in. It’s obvious Miller and Diggs are the emotional leaders. There must be others that step up if we expect to get  over the hump.

We need more Diggs.  Miller is a great leader, he's the positive approach leader.  Like a mentor or bigger brother.

You also need a guy that isn't afraid to get in your face and call you out.  Miller is great...we need more Diggs.

Osemele was an absolute monster in Kansas City before his knees exploded.  You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/22/2023 at 8:41 PM, Big Blitz said:

When you start asking about or feeling like you need a philosophy change - that means the Coach probably should be fired.  

Or you’re just wasting Peak Josh Allen.  We’ll be looking for his offensive OC HC when he’s north of 30.   

BUT, we aren’t there yet.  Not justifiable.  

So - what has to happen is Dorsey needs to be elite right now.  

Become one of the best OCs in the game.  

That’s the difference between us and the Chiefs.   

If Dorsey doesn’t and this O steps back or the team does……..we’ll I don’t want to worry about that at the moment.   

Daboll should be sorely missed. He called the only “perfect game” ever in the playoffs and put Buffalo in position to win against KC to yet again have the defense let them down. I am not surprised at all w/ the success he’s had w/ the G-men. Daniel Jones made a lot of money and should be extremely grateful. 

I am hoping for the best w/ Dorsey, but am not entirely optimistic. I will give him credit for getting the run game going, but the Cinci game was just a flat-out flop and the offense looked like **** the latter half of the season. Consistency is everything especially w/ QBs and OCs. This team should be putting up 28+ on a weekly basis and a top 3 offense year in & year out. Let’s hope he learns from his mistakes and puts it all together in 2023. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.