The Walls be Closing

Kemp

20 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The walls be taking a month break on closing. 

Cease the circle jerk TDSers.

:lol:

I know this is not usual but is this even in the realm of normal, making a grand jury come back a month later? Telling people to go back to usual life and then come back later to get more information?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Not everything is about us.  It's a crazy concept I know.  US response was 1 of many factors that went into their escalation.  I'm sorry but those Trump Rambo posters are fake.  This idea that Trump is tough is a laughable facade.

I have to agree with Doc on this one. If as you say it’s not about us then what does Trump have to do with it? You’re kinda tying yourself in a pretzel here. I know you don’t like Trump but if everything isn’t about us then it’s also true that everything isn’t about Trump. Give it a rest already!!!

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I know this is not usual but is this even in the realm of normal, making a grand jury come back a month later? Telling people to go back to usual life and then come back later to get more information?

Absolutely, but still the TDSers and their seven year long this time we got him circle jerk.....waits again.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Not everything is about us.  It's a crazy concept I know.  US response was 1 of many factors that went into their escalation.  I'm sorry but those Trump Rambo posters are fake.  This idea that Trump is tough is a laughable facade.

Your brain is broken weirdo get a hobby

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have to agree with Doc on this one. If as you say it’s not about us then what does Trump have to do with it? You’re kinda tying yourself in a pretzel here. I know you don’t like Trump but if everything isn’t about us then it’s also true that everything isn’t about Trump. Give it a rest already!!!

And it's less that Trump is Rambo and more than he was a wildcard who would take out adversaries without warning, and who was trying to keep Ukraine from joining NATO, which is why this all happened.

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

And it's less that Trump is Rambo and more than he was a wildcard who would take out adversaries without warning, who was trying to keep Ukraine from joining NATO, which is why this all happened.

And that’s the issue - Ukraine does NOT need Putin’s permission to join NATO.

6 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Its well thought out reasoning supported by the conclusion that a policy which was in effect would continue.  What's your argument?  That regardless of who won Putin would have attacked?  How is that any better? 

It absolutely is my argument.  It's also conjecture but it's not very logical to think Putin is going to make the decision to invade Ukraine based solely or even mostly on who is in charge in the US.  No matter who that was.  It was one consideration among many and not near the most important.   I know we Americans always think of ourselves as most important but sometimes we're not.

When Zelensky was elected Putin saw a soft spot in Ukraine.   He tried to muscle him on some issues and was rebuffed.  Russia has always had puppet regimes there to different extents.   Surprisingly this elected comedian told Putin to pound sand.  With past successes in the East along with Crimea and thinking zelensky was a joke he saw his chance and took it.

But yeah conjecture.   Mine is better.   Putin would have invaded had Trump won and likely Ukraine would be getting less aid now.  How could Trump have possibly dissuaded him?

53 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

It absolutely is my argument.  It's also conjecture but it's not very logical to think Putin is going to make the decision to invade Ukraine based solely or even mostly on who is in charge in the US.  No matter who that was.  It was one consideration among many and not near the most important.   I know we Americans always think of ourselves as most important but sometimes we're not.

When Zelensky was elected Putin saw a soft spot in Ukraine.   He tried to muscle him on some issues and was rebuffed.  Russia has always had puppet regimes there to different extents.   Surprisingly this elected comedian told Putin to pound sand.  With past successes in the East along with Crimea and thinking zelensky was a joke he saw his chance and took it.

But yeah conjecture.   Mine is better.   Putin would have invaded had Trump won and likely Ukraine would be getting less aid now.  How could Trump have possibly dissuaded him?

This is worse than conjecture: it's bordering on, if not, a lie.  For starters, Putin invaded under Barry and Joke, and didn't under Trump.  But that's a complete coincidence, right?  And what did Barry do for Ukraine?  Nothing except for humanitarian aid.  Trump provided lethal aid.  And remember that prior to Zielenskyy Ukraine was an incredibly corrupt country that wasn't flirting with NATO membership and thus had less reason to be supported by the rest of the World, much less an alleged Putin puppet in Trump.

Edited by Doc

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

This is worse than conjecture: it's bordering on, if not, a lie.  For starters, Putin invaded under Barry and Joke, and didn't under Trump.  But that's a complete coincidence, right?  And what did Barry do for Ukraine?  Nothing except for humanitarian aid.  Trump provided lethal aid.  And remember that prior to Zielenskyy Ukraine was an incredibly corrupt country that wasn't flirting with NATO membership and thus had less reason to be supported by the rest of the World, much less an alleged Putin puppet in Trump.

I haven't been calling him a puppet I've been calling him a pu$$y..

A few points then I'm done hijacking this topic.

Ukraine 10 years ago or even 6 is not Ukraine now.  You are not considering any context.

Barry was maybe right to not give them more then because they were horribly Corrupt like you said.  That Corruption is mostly from Russian influence.  As in paid operatives that rep Russian interests.  I flip flop between it being a mistake or not.   Probably yes with hindsight.  Though had a more eastern leaning pres gotten elected later that would change everything.  Not black and white.   

Zelensky getting elected was spitting in Putin's eye.  It represented a continuation of shifting to align with the west/eu and away from Russia.  So now helping them is much more palatable.

Ukraine has wanted into Nato for over 20 years.  It just didn't make the news until they started to westernize.

You giving Trump props for aid he tried to withhold to investigate a conspiracy theory is amusing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I haven't been calling him a puppet I've been calling him a pu$$y..

A few points then I'm done hijacking this topic.

Ukraine 10 years ago or even 6 is not Ukraine now.  You are not considering any context.

Barry was maybe right to not give them more then because they were horribly Corrupt like you said.  That Corruption is mostly from Russian influence.  As in paid operatives that rep Russian interests.  I flip flop between it being a mistake or not.   Probably yes with hindsight.  Though had a more eastern leaning pres gotten elected later that would change everything.  Not black and white.   

Zelensky getting elected was spitting in Putin's eye.  It represented a continuation of shifting to align with the west/eu and away from Russia.  So now helping them is much more palatable.

Ukraine has wanted into Nato for over 20 years.  It just didn't make the news until they started to westernize.

You giving Trump props for aid he tried to withhold to investigate a conspiracy theory is amusing.

Trump was not a pu$$y.   Not sure where you're getting that from other than partisanship but there's no basis in reality for it.  Maybe the world didn't respect him, but they feared him and what he could/would do.  That goes for allies and foes alike.

As for Ukraine then versus now, again you're making my point for me.  As you said they were corrupt from Russian influence when Putin first invaded under Barry and (theoretically) until Zelenskyy was elected, but he wasn't elected until 2-1/2 years into Trump's Presidency.  Again Putin could have easily invaded before then, had a Pro-Russian government and a puppet/pu$$y in Trump to help him do it.

And Trump had every reason to withhold money to a new government of a country that was well-know for its corruption.  Just because it was a new government doesn't mean it was any less corrupt. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Aiding and abetting the enemy

What's interesting is how few people understand that having a healthy respect for your adversaries is a fundamental characteristic of productive leadership.  And displaying a constant high level of hostility and contempt for others is not a recipe for successful engagement.  Be it in business, politics, or personal life.  If you're going to engage in dialogue or negotiations, or conflict that approach is needed to succeed.  That's what Trump is saying in his less than eloquent speaking style.  This is neither aiding or abetting any enemy.  Its an effective approach to problem resolution and communicating your objectives and demands.  Otherwise, you're left with one option, conflict.    

Now if you approach every relationship thinking the U.S. has some until the end of time "right" to take a my-way-or-the-highway stance with every engagement of some other party be it an ally or an enemy you'll see no need to approach problems in this manner.  Its take it or leave it for everyone.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_honors_received_by_Donald_Trump

33 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I think you’ve put more thought into this than the reality tv guy ever has. Kudos 

for the record. the big orange salesman does have the president of the united states of America on his resume. same with like 75 million votes.

to go with his reality TV time.

Edited by Chris farley

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What's interesting is how few people understand that having a healthy respect for your adversaries is a fundamental characteristic of productive leadership.  And displaying a constant high level of hostility and contempt for others is not a recipe for successful engagement.  Be it in business, politics, or personal life.  If you're going to engage in dialogue or negotiations, or conflict that approach is needed to succeed.  That's what Trump is saying in his less than eloquent speaking style.  This is neither aiding or abetting any enemy.  Its an effective approach to problem resolution and communicating your objectives and demands.  Otherwise, you're left with one option, conflict.    

Now if you approach every relationship thinking the U.S. has some until the end of time "right" to take a my-way-or-the-highway stance with every engagement of some other party be it an ally or an enemy you'll see no need to approach problems in this manner.  Its take it or leave it for everyone.  

jfc

https://www.newsweek.com/allen-weisselberg-flip-donald-trump-lawyers-1791411

"It can mean one of two things. Number one, the case is over and doesn't need lawyers anymore, they were just representing them on that one case," Agnifilo said. "Or, more likely, is there was this pressure campaign put on him saying while he's in Rikers, 'do you like being there? Because we're about to bring other charges.'