What is the plan at DT?

Matt_In_NH

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

And another second-round embarrassment

We are back to our same circular argument that we have been in before

Your team has a chance to win it every year for the last how many years?

And they will have another chance this year

That’s all you can ask

Firing the management that gave you all those chances is not a successful plan

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You’re likely going to see a DT somewhere in this draft

Calijah Kancey DT from Pitt. @ 27....Compared to Aaron Donald and John Randle.  Then if they can't grab one of the top Lbs in the draft, they trade a 2024 2nd or 3rd for Patrick Queen from the Ravens.

Don't know what the rules are on moving a player on a 5th yr. option, but a draft day trade sending Oliver to his hometown Houston and grabbing a couple of high picks between the 3rd and 5th rds. wouldn't surprise me....especially if they can land Kancey.

I would prefer to have them both though( for 2023). Pairing Oliver and Phillips and Kancey with Jones would be my ideal rotation. Not impressed with Settle.

26 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

And another second-round embarrassment

Not to mention that at 13-3 they shouldn’t be a liability but they are. Between the OL and the DL I don’t know what’s more of an embarrassment. Spending an absolute ton of money and resources in the DL for them to be as terrible as they are, or spending almost no money or resources on the OL and expecting something out of it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The Bills have D Jones, Oliver and Settle all in their final year.   Then they have a bunch of practice squad guys.  So not one guy under contract for 2024.   I don't hear a lot about DT as a need position, it is.  They should be looking in the draft to get younger, they should extend Daquon Jones if they can work that out.  Thoughts?

We can’t get rid of Oliver fast enough.

• Like (+1) 1

That's why I always kind of laugh about the BPA-based-on-need thing. 

An argument can be made needs are: 

LB (Mike)

DT (contracts expiring)

Edge (Von Injury, AJ's last year)

Safety (older guys, Hyde coming off injury)

WR (added a bunch here, but could add more)

TE (only two on the roster and no true #2)

OL (Depth and people to challenge starters)

So non-needs: 

QB

Corner (though an argument can be made here with Tre not looking amazing)

RB (though an argument can be made, Harris 1 year deal)

BPA-based-on-need....every team pretty much has needs everywhere. 

20 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Calijah Kancey DT from Pitt. @ 27....Compared to Aaron Donald and John Randle.  Then if they can't grab one of the top Lbs in the draft, they trade a 2024 2nd or 3rd for Patrick Queen from the Ravens.

20 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I've heard that story before

This———-^
Please god, do not draft this guy. Undersized just like Oliver. Compared to Donald. Lol. He should just be compared to Oliver. He looks on tape more like a DE than a DT and that’s probably where he ends up. If not it’s a shame. People just need to realize that Donald is a freak and another like him likely won’t be seen in a very very long time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

This———-^
Please god, do not draft this guy. Undersized just like Oliver. Compared to Donald. Lol. He should just be compared to Oliver. He looks on tape more like a DE than a DT and that’s probably where he ends up. If not it’s a shame. People just need to realize that Donald is a freak and another like him likely won’t be seen in a very very long time. 

Did you just mention position versatility? BTW Poona Ford is shorter and has made it this far. Also every stat including physical is said to be identical to Donald.

The guy has a list of awards a mile long. I'd take a John Randle all day long.

I was thinking, high motor undersize DL in teh draft.  wait, make that two of them

then whomever is the 6th worst CB or S in the draft class in the 3rd

then draft whomever else, beane and mcd will be too busy basking in the afterglow to worry about the rest

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Did you just mention position versatility? BTW Poona Ford is shorter and has made it this far. Also every stat including physical is said to be identical to Donald.

The guy has a list of awards a mile long. I'd take a John Randle all day long.

I’d take Poona Ford all day long. The height doesn’t worry me. It’s the girth (that’s what she said). He’s shorter than Kancey but has 40lbs on him. That’s hilarious actually for a DT. And it’s not like Ford is a monster at DT. He’s jag. 

no to Kancey please 

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The Bills have D Jones, Oliver and Settle all in their final year.   Then they have a bunch of practice squad guys.  So not one guy under contract for 2024.   I don't hear a lot about DT as a need position, it is.  They should be looking in the draft to get younger, they should extend Daquon Jones if they can work that out.  Thoughts?

I’d be shocked if we don’t draft a DT.  Space eaters can be had late.  

I would hope that we can extend daquan asap- 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.