Bills hosting/hosted David Edwards on visit

gonzo1105

This is from Rotoworld. I knew nothing about him, but Wisco has great lineman and it seems like he was on his way to becoming a top guard. Why not take a chance on a guy to see if he can regain some form.

Edwards started 45 games for the Rams over the previous four seasons after being selected with the 169th overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. He performed at a high level for the Rams during his first three professional seasons before seeing 2022 derailed by injury, and would likely challenge for a starting guard or tackle position if signed.

Also, last year was the only year he had issues with injuries

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

SERIOUS QUESTION: What percentage of people here do you think knew ANYTHING about this guy until the last hour? We tend to look them up and trust others. Some we trust more than others. At least I do. 

A few. I believe Cover 1 did a segment on him as a possible FA target. How many poster saw that…. Probably not as many as will comment on this post. 

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

This guy is actually unique. I had the tremendous foresight to get his autograph after his spring game in his sophomore year of high school. 

If serious, that’s impressive 

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Augie said:

SERIOUS QUESTION: What percentage of people here do you think knew ANYTHING about this guy until the last hour? We tend to look them up and trust others. Some we trust more than others. At least I do. 

🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️

I pay special attention to Wisconsin and Iowa linemen lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Little concerned they're bringing in guys who have trouble staying healthy.

They're counting on Rusty Jones to get them in tip top shape

:devil:

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Do you have his PFF for 2021 when he was healthy?

In his 2 full seasons as a starter

2020:

pass - 64.4

run - 68.8

2021:

pass - 70.7

run - 65.1

His overall grade during those 2 seasons was better than both Bates and McGovern.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

In his 2 full seasons as a starter

2020:

pass - 64.4

run - 68.8

2021:

pass - 70.7

run - 65.1

His overall grade during those 2 seasons was better than both Bates and McGovern.

Thanks.  I'm not saying PFF is all that, one way or the other, but good to know.

In 2020 he had 90% of the O snaps, and in 2021 he had 100% of the snaps.

Kind of puts the injury thing on 2022 in perspective.

He played well enough in 2021 to get himself an "NFL Proven Performance Bonus" for 2022.  Then got hurt. 

Thanks again for the info.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He’s already proven to be better than Bates, he doesn’t have the RAS athletic upside, and I am a Bates fan, Edwards is better imo. 

If brought in, he’s legit competition, at the same time, the injury questions maybe make him cheap. 

More competition the better on the O line.  I liked Bates a lot at the end of 2021 at LG.  But he seems very so so last year at RG.  What kind of money do you think Edwards is worth?

17 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

More competition the better on the O line.  I liked Bates a lot at the end of 2021 at LG.  But he seems very so so last year at RG.  What kind of money do you think Edwards is worth?

13 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Under 2 million 

YeahI agree, something around that. I think if he stayed healthy and his play was consistent, he was probably in line for something like McGovern got. So he has to rebuild his value. At the end of the day, I’m guessing he winds up back with LA

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

If serious, that’s impressive 

Honestly, that was not serious. But our kids played against a lot of first rate talent. You could see the NFL kid without being a veteran scout. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Do you have his PFF for 2021 when he was healthy?

Nah, I didn't got to PFFF; just found that in an article when I Googled him. I'm not saying he stinks (not saying he doesn't) but that was a bad year. Maybe injuries played a role.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.