Bills hosting/hosted David Edwards on visit

gonzo1105

13 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Little concerned they're bringing in guys who have trouble staying healthy.

I would just say he had been healthy his whole career until the concussion issues last year. He was in the protocol twice until they shut him down for the season. So it is definitely concerning. The Rams Tua’d him. 

Other than that though, he’s been healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

SERIOUS QUESTION: What percentage of people here do you think knew ANYTHING about this guy until the last hour? We tend to look them up and trust others. Some we trust more than others. At least I do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

55 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Little concerned they're bringing in guys who have trouble staying healthy.

A lot of it has to do with hey, you can come here for a year, regain your value, and you’ll have a chance to be a FA again next to cash in

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

SERIOUS QUESTION: What percentage of people here do you think knew ANYTHING about this guy until the last hour? We tend to look them up and trust others. Some we trust more than others. At least I do. 

I did from college, knew he was with Kromer and has been a starter. I follow more of the college game when it comes to scouting 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

That's frikin hilarious!!  Not his pass blocking grade though.

Does he have more upside then Bates?

And he and Ike can wrestle to see who is the Bills best Big 10 West O lineman.  Iowa and Wisconsin love their O lineman.

He’s already proven to be better than Bates, he doesn’t have the RAS athletic upside, and I am a Bates fan, Edwards is better imo. 

If brought in, he’s legit competition, at the same time, the injury questions maybe make him cheap. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

That's frikin hilarious!!  Not his pass blocking grade though.

Does he have more upside then Bates?

And he and Ike can wrestle to see who is the Bills best Big 10 West O lineman.  Iowa and Wisconsin love their O lineman.

And Ike Boettger is from Iowa. You nailed it. Played LT there. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

How dare you?!  You really don’t think every single poster on here isn’t an expert on this man and followed him from pee wee to the NFL?  We are the collective and geniuses behind these keyboards!!!!

You have some balls on you 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

How dare you?!  You really don’t think every single poster on here isn’t an expert on this man and followed him from pee wee to the NFL?  We are the collective and geniuses behind these keyboards!!!!

I can honestly say that the IOLs that play for other teams that never played in Buffalo that I can name can be counted on one hand. And my knowledge is all from them being mocked to us in old drafts. And they’re all centres.

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This guy is actually unique. I had the tremendous foresight to get his autograph after his spring game in his sophomore year of high school. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

And I’m not concerned with “upside” after Edmunds. You can keep the 16 year-olds with their athletic freakishness. Give me some maulers and let’s roll. High IQ and energy guys like Bates and Brown (yes…I went there). If I want someone with me in a bar fight, I want Spencer Freakin Brown as my wingman. That kid ain’t afraid of contact whatsoever. Hell, I remember Jerry Crafts and those days were miserable. This tool was ridiculed for a whole bunch of stuff (not appropriate fodder for this site, look it up and include “Howard Stern” in your search efforts) and I recall a quote that he needed to cut out his favorite food to keep his weight down. His favorite food was “pizzas and chickens”

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.