Bills re-sign OT Quessenberry

Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He will not. They will draft an OT to push Brown and or replace Dawkins next year.

Everything changed. They struggled all year despite the stats and got blown out at home in the playoffs.

What hasn't changed is the HC.

Who said they were committed to him starting? They are committed to giving him a chance. Its not as if he hasn't had some good moments.  

They will draft another OT to replace Brown this year or Dawkins next. 

Few and far between.  Like the 5 penalty game against maybe the Falcons or Panthers in 2021?  LOL  And Dawkins got the 3 holding penalties in one game also.  Is Jason Peters still upright?  

I hope to God you are correct that they draft a big time OT this year.  I can not remember the last one we even had..  Maybe Cordy Glenn, when he was not injured.  John Fina?  Will Woolford and Howard Ballard?

14 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

What FA tackles are out there ?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tackle/available/

The pool of OTs is drying up, but there are still a few decent options out there. I wasn’t looking for a world beater, just a guy who could push Brown and be a quality swing tackle at minimum. A solid vet or a developing player with upside would’ve been what I was looking for. Again, this speaks more to me wanting legit competition for Brown. Ques is a good backup option. 

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean, the line clearly needs to be better. I don’t think anybody is not saying that the Bengals rushing three and still getting to Josh Allen still is in our brains

It should be the main focus for improvement this off season..  Im not sure thats been the case on what we have seen so far, but I'll reserve final judgement until the off season is complete...

Beane can surprise so Im hoping he has a move or two left...

I, like many others here, have never played a snap of professional football in my life. 

However, like many others here, does that deter me from providing my expert analysis on David Quessenberry?!

It sure doesn't! 

I must be inclined to agree with the others. This fella...oooh, you don't want him seeing an NFL field. I know stuff! I also know things. Stuff and things together means I'm a GD expert. 

What a bust! Beane you colossal butt-mongrel, you're doing this to personally irritate me aren't you? I knew it. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Call me crazy but maybe if we ran the ball a little more the OL would look a little better in pass pro.  If the D knows you do nothing but pass they just key in on the snap and race to the QB.  We never give them a reason to do anything else.  Quessenberry of all people would also love it if we ran the ball more.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Success said:

It's only for depth....it's only for depth....it's only for depth....

There's no place like TSW, there's no place like TSW, there's NO PLACE like TSW.

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Id rather have Kyle van Norway 

They need a lot more camp bodies to go with the OL draft pick.  You might get your wish.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I didn't need to see that tape. Just reminds me how terrible he is. If you wanna get Josh hurt, he's your guy.

6 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Call me crazy but maybe if we ran the ball a little more the OL would look a little better in pass pro.  If the D knows you do nothing but pass they just key in on the snap and race to the QB.  We never give them a reason to do anything else.  Quessenberry of all people would also love it if we ran the ball more.

Earth to Dorsey

Earth to Dorsey 

Come in Dorsey

3 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

Your probably right. They still have Ryan Van Demark OT from Conn who had a lot of pre draft buzz listed on the roster but apparently didn't show much during camp. They also have Alex Anderson from UCLA who was called up for 1 or 2 games (not sure if he actually played) Seems like I've been waiting forever for a PS lineman to develop & make the team.

yes

Hoping for a gem , while scrounging in the back yard digging up the rutabagas .
Not a knock on Q being on the team. Every team needs depth ..
But this is another guy that nearly got Josh killed. So what does it say to Josh ?

Run Forrest Run ?

JK

but really

I thought post season the MOST important/critical /game changing thing Bills FO could do was

Protect The Franchise 

Not feeling it today

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I didn't need to see that tape. Just reminds me how terrible he is. If you wanna get Josh hurt, he's your guy.

Earth to Dorsey

Earth to Dorsey 

Come in Dorsey

Ground control to Major Ken

• Haha (+1) 1

I've been saying all along that we're going to sign a David Quessenberry level OT, or simply bring back Quessenberry himself, and Draft an OT in the mid rounds. Have a competition between the 3. One would start, one would be a Swing Tackle, and one would replace Tommy Doyle.

If you listened to Beane at all, he was never going to outright replace Spencer Brown. He's consistently said he feels him having to have back surgery in the Offseason, not having a Training Camp, and being nicked up throughout the season was the cause of him underperforming. And there may be some merit in that.

Beane's covering his bases in the event Brown does become a long term issue. But he was never giving up on him. People who were expecting that were fooling themselves. There was never going to be an Orlando Brown level signing to outright replace him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I've been saying all along that we're going to sign a David Quessenberry level OT, or simply bring back Quessenberry himself, and Draft an OT in the mid rounds. Have a competition between the 3. One would start, one would be a Swing Tackle, and one would replace Tommy Doyle.

If you listened to Beane at all, he was never going to outright replace Spencer Brown. He's consistently said he feels him having to have back surgery in the Offseason, not having a Training Camp, and being nicked up throughout the season was the cause of him underperforming. And there may be some merit in that.

Beane's covering his bases in the event Brown does become a long term issue. But he was never giving up on him. People who were expecting that were fooling themselves. There was never going to be an Orlando Brown level signing to outright replace him.

Well sure. But this is beanes fault/weakness. He marries himself to players. Has to be more cut throat and be objective 

Just now, balln said:

Well sure. But this is beanes fault/weakness. He marries himself to players. Has to be more cut throat and be objective 

Maybe if we had the cap space, he would have been. But giving up on a guy they spent a Day 2 pick on, after a promising rookie season, followed by a sophomore season with a heavy asterisk, when you can't afford to in the first place doesn't make sense.

Lots of fans looked at the situation we were in and said "I don't care, figure it out". And he did. He found 43.5 to get out from under 18.5. But we still had 24 bodies to re-sign or replace with that money. Expensive splashes weren't in the cards.

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Maybe if we had the cap space, he would have been. But giving up on a guy they spent a Day 2 pick on, after a promising rookie season, followed by a sophomore season with a heavy asterisk, when you can't afford to in the first place doesn't make sense.

Lots of fans looked at the situation we were in and said "I don't care, figure it out". And he did. He found 43.5 to get out from under 18.5. But we still had 24 bodies to re-sign or replace with that money. Expensive splashes weren't in the cards.

Oh yea I think he’s done a solid job this off-season. But forced to.

i don’t really care about q signing. 

if he / the bills come upon a sure fire tackle prospect and it’s the best value - I want him drafted. Don’t count on Spencer brown is my point bc beane thinks he found a diamond in the rough 

20 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I hope you are not proud of being correct on this matter ?

😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.