Bills re-sign OT Quessenberry

Warriorspikes51

I have no issue with signing an experienced veteran OL to a free agent contract to compete for a backup spot.  If he is the LAST addition to the OL that they make, then, yes, I'll be disappointed.  We're only 1 week into free agency and the draft hasn't taken place yet.  The sky is not falling.

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is McDermott’s team 100%. He has given Beane more and more power every year but it’s McDermott running the show.

Well if he doesn't realize the offense needs more help than the defense, he's gonna have a hard time winning the big one. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He will be the 3rd OT and he will be very cheap.

Funny how we now hate last years preseason roster that was Super Bowl favorites. What changed?

Nothing is changed, except in the fans minds

We were projected to win the Super Bowl last year and didn’t and they can’t get off it

It’s still a very good roster

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Don't care what you believe, man. i wanted to see how he'd perform, and he did. Unlike lil' Ed.

agreed

Oliver stinks.

Re drafted and he’s a 4th rounder at best.

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is McDermott’s team 100%. He has given Beane more and more power every year but it’s McDermott running the show.

You dang right it is.

Brandon Beane is the money man. That’s it.

McClappy is obsessed with defense. A lousy one at that. Stats very very deceiving. Horrible division past 3 years with horrible quarterbacking skewed it along with his record being propped up by Allen.

How he repays Josh Allen? Let’s sign some backup special teamers to prep the fanbase for defense in rounds 1 and 2.

I'm really beginning to question Beane's ability to judge OL talent. Josh Allen needs that extra tic to make his reads and deliver the ball. When he has it, he is almost unstoppable. When he doesn't have it, he can be an awful turnover machine. Quessenberry was a liability. I hope he's back to compete for depth only. 

Edited by turftoe

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Good re-signing. A capable swing tackle.

Multiple posters will no doubt flock to this post, complaining that the Bills didn't do better. 

In truth, how much did anyone really expect a cap-strapped team that is forced to work the fringes of free agency to spend on a third tackle? 

And yes, this likely means they're committed to giving Spencer Brown the chance to lock down the RT spot for good this season, but anyone who listened to Beane's recent presser already knew that.

I am really sickened by your post.  Big mistake just committing to Spencer Brown.  We can only hope they can coach the kid up.  Because he has sucked.  And is usually injured.  I don't know what to say about Quissenberry.  He plays like he is stuck in quicksand.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He will be the 3rd OT and he will be very cheap.

Funny how we now hate last years preseason roster that was Super Bowl favorites. What changed?

He will not. They will draft an OT to push Brown and or replace Dawkins next year.

Everything changed. They struggled all year despite the stats and got blown out at home in the playoffs.

What hasn't changed is the HC.

4 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I am really sickened by your post.  Big mistake just committing to Spencer Brown.  We can only hope they can coach the kid up.  Because he has sucked.  And is usually injured.  I don't know what to say about Quissenberry.  He plays like he is stuck in quicksand.  

Who said they were committed to him starting? They are committed to giving him a chance. Its not as if he hasn't had some good moments.  

They will draft another OT to replace Brown this year or Dawkins next. 

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

This thread will be two tons of fun. Almost as much fun as we'll have when the BIlls resign Bobby Hart.

Wouldn't be a bad thing. Hart would be cheap and he was very good when they had packages that required an extra blocker.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why are Bills fans so down on the team? I’m not understanding.

Because we clearly were not good enough last year. And so far none of the moves make us better. They have been moves that fill out the roster, but not take it up a notch. The McG at G move is the only upgrade thus far. I care less about RB but we need another threat to go along with Diggs and a RT. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Nothing is changed, except in the fans minds

We were projected to win the Super Bowl last year and didn’t and they can’t get off it

It’s still a very good roster

Key players are a year older, and coming off of major injuries, Miller, Hyde .  And Tre White did not perform at expected levels.   Due to these 3 players, the roster is no where near as solid as the roster before the 2022 season started. 

18 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Because we clearly were not good enough last year. And so far none of the moves make us better. They have been moves that fill out the roster, but not take it up a notch. The McG at G move is the only upgrade thus far. I care less about RB but we need another threat to go along with Diggs and a RT. 

Each season is a new season
Last year’s team was ravished with injuries

Still finished 13 and three

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.