Bills re-sign OT Quessenberry

Warriorspikes51

45 minutes ago, Process said:

I really hope this isn't a sign of faith in Brown as a starter. Ideally he would be the one to fill the role of primary back/swing tackle and we would find a starter that isn't a complete turnstile. 

But if Q comes cheap then it wouldn't be bad to have both him and Brown as backups and this would be a nice signing/depth.

Hopefully they still bring in someone that can at least compete and push for the starting job.

Beane has shot-straight with Spencer Brown. 

He's their RT. 

This is on-brand for the Bills. 

Signing lower-end offensive players. 

I don't know that it rules out any more offensive lineman in the draft, especially OG and OT, but again at WR this off-season has been like the 2019 and 2021 and 2022 offseasons. Diggs was 2020. 

So it's not necessarily bad, just more of the how the Bills normally operate. 

To me, it does increasingly feel like the Bills are going defense in Round 1. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Alot of heart while Josh is getting his right arm torn off.  Not thrilled with this.

It’s tough because this is your typical swing OT. They have warts. I was hoping to draft a rookie high and have rookie and Brown be starting OT/Swing but this probably only happens now if a top OT falls to them at 27 and he’s too good to pass up. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Alot of heart while Josh is getting his right arm torn off.  Not thrilled with this.

If that happens again following another defense-heavy draft,   then there need to be some major changes in the front office during the next offseason. 

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I love it....nobody wants him near the field but he's a good backup?  Which is it?

it’s pretty much all backup linemen aren’t that good. It’s tough enough getting good starters. It probably looks like other backup linemen are good because our D can’t get pressure on even backups despite all the resources spent on our d line. 

1 minute ago, HaldimandBills said:

Spencer Brown's job is safe and the Bills are likely high on Doyle as well. This means the Bills will be drafting a Guard. I really hope Brown's injury was worse than what was let on, because he was really bad last year. 

They like Ike also. They probably spend picks in the 5th-7th on OL now.

I'm skipping right to the end of the thread because I assume the previous 4 pages is everyone being super happy about this re-signing, knowing we have the final piece added to the OL...

edit:

LOL, like clockwork, the next post....

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Edited by DrDawkinstein

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Just as good a backup as any other backup lineman. Hopefully he never has to see the field. 

Have you watched other teams? We played teams down multiple starting OL that did not miss a beat. Whenever we were down a gut the line crumbled. Is it a crime to want to try some new blood? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.