Goodell Set to get a Raise

T&C

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

The league is making a ton of money, is setup to make even more money in the very near future, and Goodell consistently is the fall guy that takes the heat for the owners.

With those being the primary function of his job, I'm not sure I'd say he's doing a lousy job.

He makes unpopular moves, but they are popular with his bosses, and that's what counts for him.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The league is making a ton of money, is setup to make even more money in the very near future, and Goodell consistently is the fall guy that takes the heat for the owners.

With those being the primary function of his job, I'm not sure I'd say he's doing a lousy job.

He makes unpopular moves, but they are popular with his bosses, and that's what counts for him.

I agree but who couldn’t be a successful nfl commish? Could anyone have handled the Ray rice, deflategate and other scandals worse? He has a job that you would need to be brain dead to fail at. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

the fact that the heat here and everyone else is aimed at him and not 32 owners is proof he does his job....... unfortunately.

i hate the dude, but his job is to get spit roasted by the fans on one end, owners on the other lol he 'deserves' this from an owners perspective

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This.

He has done a wonderful job from the perspective of the owners. 

• Agree 1

I wasn’t his biggest fan, but liked the way he handled the Covid outbreak before and during the Draft. Seeing him as a human, in his basement at home, like the rest of us were, stayed with me through his bonehead decisions. 

Edited by Htt2821
  • Like (+1) 1

hate his guts. he let the patriots get away with the worst cheating any sport has ever seen in the US for YEARS. 

he’s terrible. the personal conduct policy is subjective dribble. 

and the game has gotten too corporate, especially the Super Bowl. 

but the owners won’t give a ***** until they  start losing money. too bad 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.