McKenzie Signing With The Colts

Búfalo Blanco

22 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Nah. 

It's one thing to be happy the team is trying to upgrade a few players you didn't see as the solution for this team in their positions.  I'm all for that.  I can see where the Bills view Harty as a higher ceiling guy and Sherfield as bringing a different skillset, so move on from McKenzie and give them a try.

It's another thing to ***** on departing players who went hard here "missing when it mattered most" "too many gaffs at big moments", apparently having amnesia about the times they came through when it mattered.  That's scapegoating, if you want to go there, Go There but don't expect a pass for it.

If you want to scrutinize facts, go there, but that's not scapegoating, regardless of how hard you try to sell it.

37 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

If you want to scrutinize facts, go there, but that's not scapegoating, regardless of how hard you try to sell it.

You aren't scrutinizing facts, that's my point.  Facts are a complete story, positive and negative; omitting positive results when pointing to negative results is not factual.   It's a form of crafting a narrative, which is a form of scapegoating, Mr Clown.

Do whatcha like, but I'll call it the way I see it as well; don't expect to dowhatcha like while telling me to"slow down on people who share my viewpoint". 

I'm done here though.

Edited by Beck Water

Contract details for McKenzie out.

Took a significant price cut over the $2.2M he would have made with the Bills

Basically, getting a vet minimum salary for a 6 season veteran, but he's getting a signing bonus and some additional guaranteed money.

Funny how contract details like that involving a drop in pay take a while to be released

Colts can move on from him pretty much any time without sneezing given their $21M cap, but McKenzie takes home more than a practice squad player earns, and more than the ~$330k would have received from the Bills if they brought him into training camp and then cut him.

• Like (+1) 1

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, boyst said:

What's interesting, is that this leaves them with three (3) WR on their active roster

They already released James Washington and Breshad Perriman, then waived D.J. Montgomery, Amari Rodgers, and Mike Strachan

(they signed the latter 3 to their practice squad)

Meanwhile, as of yesterday, they had five (5) TE

🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Bring him back as PS player, insurance for returns. Not joking.

agreed. why not? Plus he was a locker room favorite 

But this puts into perspective how improved we are at WR. Harty and Sherfield are huge upgrades over McKenzie and Kincaid could be super elite. This O is going to be fun to watch boys

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So....the Colts are going to go into the season with 3 WR on the active roster?  And 5 TE?

I'm going to pop on over to their board to see what their fans think of all of this. I'll report back.

Edit: Their PS is lousy with WRs and some of them should be elevated prior to week 1 once the dust settles.

Edited by FrenchConnection

26 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

agreed. why not? Plus he was a locker room favorite 

But this puts into perspective how improved we are at WR. Harty and Sherfield are huge upgrades over McKenzie and Kincaid could be super elite. This O is going to be fun to watch boys

i don't think we are better off though until paper meets the road or some saying.

i am not a big believer in harty. i think sherfield as a 4th or 5th is fine. but we still need a guy like sanders was, or maybe kincaid can be as a 3rd primary target beyond diggs.

35 minutes ago, boyst said:

i don't think we are better off though until paper meets the road or some saying.

i am not a big believer in harty. i think sherfield as a 4th or 5th is fine. but we still need a guy like sanders was, or maybe kincaid can be as a 3rd primary target beyond diggs.

I think when he's healthy, Harty has the potential to be a  better, more dynamic player than McKenzie ever was.  I think he's better at tracking the ball deep, has a better release, may even run better routes.

But

I think everyone ought to be concerned about using "Harty" and "the best ability is Availability" in the same sentence.

• Agree 1

I have to think they will bring him back on PS.  That's crazy if he couldn't crack that roster.  They seemed to feature him early in PS games

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Put him on the practice squad and dump Isabella. :thumbsup:

I will fight you

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.